It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who grew a finger! With PIXIE DUST?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Does anyone feel vaguely uncomfortable that they scraped the inside of a pig's bladder out to make this dust? Dipping a wound into something from a pig's bladder seems a litle icky to me (although I wouldn't complain after I regrew my finger).

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Wow that is weird, kwl weird though; so either a hoax or another step in evolution ? ill do some googling and see if theres been any more cases with the same type of causes and stuff.

Fox

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hk999
I just wanna say : "told u so" , i always knew this, how? because it says this in my religious books - vedas. we are just realizing some of the techniques that man knew a million years ago

# ing awesome,

bring it onnn

Can you show me where it says that?

Not questioning you, just curious

Mod edit: Remooved margin busting quote

[edit on 5/1/08 by FredT]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm an amputee (lost my leg above the knee in 2000), and i find this article, and video highly insulting, let alone extremely suspect.

If you look closely at the mangled finger in the video, and look and the inside of the knuckles, he barely just cut the tip of his finger, and lost his entire nail, which I've done before and they grow back nothing new there.

All that really happened here imo was his sliced tip of his finger and it looked ALOT worse than it was, and it healed quite nicely.... again his lost nail grew back, which is like hair anyway, (i think nails are actually made up as the same thing as hair, did I read that once?) anyway nails keep growing, and entire nails grow back, I've experienced it, as I'm sure many have.

I'm even suspect of the pictures in the video of his mangled finger even being this guys, why didn't they show his face, only a closeup of a finger with the very tip sliced off, and nail gone, a minor injury to say the least.

I only watched the video though, and I may have missed it, but i didn't hear any mention of pixie dust?

Well in conclusion, we know scientifically, limbs, do not, and can not, and never have regenerated, there's never been one documented case of this.

But like I said, I believe this man barely cut the tip of his finger, and the finished product you see in the video is after 2 years of healing. It's a reasonable outcome to me if he was dilligent in takeing care of it, and changeing the dressings often.

But saying the guy lost his finger is insulting, when it's obvious by the pictures in the video (counting the inside of the knuckles(the bends in the finger),that he only cut the very tip of it. Not even 1/4 of his finger. So the topic headline is misleading as well.

Show me a guy whose lost an entire finger or even half and had it regenrate fully, without them sewing the severed piece back on, it's never happened.

I don't want to call this a hoax or a lie, (if pixy dust is the supposed cause, then yes, I will call it a hoax and a lie on the spot), but I will call this story greately embelished, and exagerrated.

Again though I do have a personal bias and anger toward the entire subject, since I am aan amputee, but I think my arguments are fair, and this story shouldn't be taken as a given, or at face value. The "story" needs to be looked into deeper, and I'm sure you'll find a much more mundane , explination, and you will definitely find that pixie dust had nothing to do with his finger healing. Unless he so believed in it, his brain healed the finger injury extremely well. The power of the mind is extrodinary, and when you really believe in something, you can get results, through visualization.

I once read a very credible story of a woman who cured her cancer useing visulization techniques. She imagined during meditaions armies of white cells battling the cancerous armies. She would visualize all of it right donw to every single fight. The brain IS an untapped resource and extremely powerful.

But in all fairness if I had cancer, I would most likely be angered with the paragraph I just posted above, and that's acceptable.

When you think you have it bad, think of people who paralyzed from the neck down, or people with terminal illnesses. You have alot more than more of the people on this planet in tems of material things. But the most important thing is....

Are you one with yourself, and are you happy? I consider myself blessed to be alive. Not many, if any people contact a live "3rd rail" (for those that don't know it's a rail that runs along sides the regular tracks, that carries enough electric to power a train. So yea, I could go into details on how exactely I survived, if anyone is interested u2u me. I don'y mind telling my story, it's very cathartic for me.

In conclusion yes, I'm biased, being a person who "really lost a limb:, and not the very tip of my finger and finger nail. But still I think this story shouldn't be just believed by everyone outright. do your thing ATS, dig, debunk (if there is something to debunk), and find out the real truth truth.

I could and should make a list as to why this video is suspect, and it would probablt be about 7-10 major points, but I'm really not gonna waste more time than I've alread had on this story.

Have the guy come back when he lose an entire finger, or an arm, or a leg, and lets see how well his pixie dust works out for him

But seriously, if anyone is going through what I am, and could use someone to talk to, please U2U me as well. We amputees, need to support one another mentaly and spiritually, and a good supposrt sytem of people who KNOW what your going through goes a long way.

Compared to psychology sessions with someone who has no experience in the matter of amputation, and the grieving process, and also how it affect friends, and family members. It makes you a shut in, you get tired of being stared out ever where you go. Medications can help with this, but it they are strong narcotivs be careful takeing them over long periods of time.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a rant, I really hope I haven't sidetracked the thread at all, because other than the 98% of posts immediately buying into this...I believe as we learn more about this "story" we will uncover some startling facts and truths, and media deception.

I'd do it myself except for the biase I would bring to the research, being a "real" amputee.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Wow, I can see that you feel very emotionally vested in this. As the article describes, this is still in the very early stages of research. And from the description in the article. all this is doing is telling the body to heal and repair rather than scar over. I'm sure it'd be nearly impossible to regrow a full limb, joints and all, but for surface injuries it might be possible.

Also, the possibilities for healing damaged flesh instead of forming scar tissue would immensely help burn victims. In those cases, no limbs are regrowing, it's just healing rather than scarring.

I can see why in nature scarring would be safer. It's faster, more secure and and better for someone who needs to be fixed in short order.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Well in conclusion, we know scientifically, limbs, do not, and can not, and never have regenerated, there's never been one documented case of this.

Well, maybe not in humans, but don't say it's impossible since it does happen elsewhere in the animal kingdom. I think it's only a matter of time before they find a way to do it in humans as well. Whether this is real or not, I'm not sure.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

My cousin lost the same part of his finger at a restaurant. his finger was cut off just after his nail. He never grew it back. IMO it would be very uncommon for someone to naturally regrow a nail that is not there anymore.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
If it's real its inventor is likely to have a bad "accident". That, or it will be outlawed in the "war on drugs"....

NO WAY would Big Pharma let something like this hit the market. Everything they do is geared toward keeping people on meds or in need of constant replacement of prosthetics for their whole lives. This kind of miracle, if real, would severely hurt their bottom line.

[edit on 4/30/2008 by The Nighthawk]

I think you miss a big point. Big Pharma would be very happy to have this selling to a country who is at war for 100 years.

Of course they want to get this on the market as soon as possible, because then it won't be such a big issue to lose fingers, and limbs.

I don't believe you are really thinking critically.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
over on reddit someone posted this article

Kay said there was "no evidence" that ACell had manipulated the regenerative capabilities of the human body.

"There's no clinical evidence to support the claims," he said. "It really is junk science.

"If you could regenerate body parts like this, your first port of call would be a serious science journal like Nature because it would be a Nobel prize winning revolution."

not here to debunk just did not see this posted yet in the thread.

edited for spelling

[edit on 1-5-2008 by 911fnord]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Does anyone feel vaguely uncomfortable that they scraped the inside of a pig's bladder out to make this dust? Dipping a wound into something from a pig's bladder seems a litle icky to me (although I wouldn't complain after I regrew my finger).

Where do you think medical grade Insulin comes from?

Are the people on this thread really this ignorant?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Where do you think medical grade Insulin comes from?
Are the people on this thread really this ignorant?

I'm curious.. are you just using that phrase because it makes you feel good to demean others by implying they are ignorant?

I bet a poll on any street in any city would give you less than a %5 postive feedback that they knew something like that.

Do people on here have that many personal issues that they have to say that? Be respectful and don't just fling the "ignorance" comment about.

Back to the article:

"But Professor Stephen Kaye, a consultant plastic and hand surgeon at Leeds University, poured cold water on Dr Badylak's claims.

Asked if he was surprised that Mr Spievack's finger "grew back" he said: "Not in the slightest."

Prof Kaye added: "The pictures I've seen on the web show a wound I would have expected to heal and regenerate in any case.

"The end of the finger is extremely good at regeneration. The pictures we've seen on the web show no evidence of loss of bone, nerve or tendon material, but regeneration and repair of skin - which is exactly what the fingertip does."

He added that the photographs appeared to portray a "very commonplace transverse amputation of the very end of the fingertip" and not someone who had lost the last phalanx of his finger, as Dr Badylak claimed.

Prof Kaye said extra-cellular matrix was an acknowldged way of promoting wound healing, but pointed out that there was a "big difference" between healing and regeneration.

"I don't want people to have false hopes," he told the Radio 4's The World Tonight news programme. "

That was at the bottom of the article which mirrors the 100% sensationalism explanation. I personally have sliced off a similar chunk of my finger while using a brand new razor knife on a graphics job. It was such a perfect cut that when I did it the piece rolled off and away about 20 feet.
My finger is fine now.

b

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
dear god let this be true.

i agree with most people though, there's probably been stuff like this for years for the elite of elite.

i bet they have stuff from everything to AIDS, STDS, missing limbs, blindness etc figured out... but too much money goes into helping infected/injured people

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't know how true this particular story is, but I have read that children can grow back bone skin and finger nail as long as it was only cut above the first knuckle, but adults cannot. I will try to find the book I was reading or at least some kind of link with legit information.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Genetic and cellular memory isn't magic. And most reptiles can regenerate identical appendages. If this powder was made through genetic manipulation of stemcells and possibly reptile proteins, and altered cells, then it is possible to coax a reaction leading to a fully regenerated finger.

Just a thought, just cause we don't know anything about it, doesn't mean it's magic.

I'm still going to remain skeptical of this one however. It could just be a man telling stories.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I saw this story on sky news last night .. the guy said he lost his finger just below his nail .. so it was quite a regeneration that happened .. he also said that he called it pixie dust ...looked pretty genuine to me ..
it was also reported that they are unable to grow complete limbs at this point and that the American military was very interested in it ...

lets hope its true .. would be a benefit to lots of people ....

Ackers....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Another thing we must not forget is that if this can regrow ANYTHING, it may also be able to regrow teeth, which would also be a major issue for dentists. Then again, if all they have to do is pull a tooth and sprinkle on some magic powder, it may make their jobs easier.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Really? Well a lot of people EAT pigs, so it;s not that bad when you think about it lol.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is so "old news"

if you care to watch an short lecture (1hr 20) ,you will soon realise that this small "miracle was actually known about in 1986!

this is indeed fact but the claim that it has been discovered and developed by these doctors is most definately wrong !

this powder was discovered by david hudson,a farmer from pheonix arizona, u s a. in 1976 !

he worked on refining and testing the characteristics and capabilities of this amazing white powder for ten years and managed to attain 76 patents on it !

the reasons for so many patents becomes clear when you learn of the STAGGERING qualities of this amazing stuff !

listed below are a few of the things now known to be fact thanks to his discovery and hard work .

TRAVEL ANY DISTANCE NO MATTER HOW FAR..... INSTANTLY!
ANTIGRAVITY DRIVE FOR AIRCRAFT AND SPACE TRAVEL (NASA - BRITISH AEROSPACE AND BOEING DESIGNING NEW AIRCRAFT SINCE 2000 !
TELEPATHY FOR EVERYONE !
FREE ENERGY
NO MORE POLLUTION!
GROW FOOD IN DESERT WITHOUT WATER !
CURES CANCER!
CURES AIDS !
REPAIRS FAULTY DNA !
CURES DEMENTIA - ADHD- DYSLEXIA-ADD-ALZHEIMERS ...ETC ..ECT
NO NEED FOR DRUGS ANYMORE !
NO NEED FOR DOCTORS !
NO NEED FOR SURGEONS IN MOST CASES !
NO NEED FOR OIL COMPANIES ! NO NEED FOR HUNGER - STARVATION!
NO NEED FOR DEFORRESTATION!
NO NEED FOR WAR !
NO NEED FOR MONEY !
NO NEED FOR SUFFERING OF ANY KIND !
NO NEED FOR REFUSE OR WASTE !

NO NEED FOR POLITICIANS !

I WONDERED WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO ONCE THEY (DRUG COMPS-OIL COMPS - BANKS -POLITICIANS ETC )REALISED THIS ... NOW WE KNOW ! THEY JUST PRETEND TO DEVELOP A NEW "DRUG"-"FUEL"-FOR EACH ILLNESS OR APPLICATION THEN CHARGE US AN APPROPRIATE AMOUNT ! FOR SOMETHING THAT IS ABUNDANT THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE FOR FREE.!
THIS IS WHY DAVID HUDSON TELLS EVERYONE THE EXACT METHOD OF ATTAINING THESE "ORBITALLY REARRANGED ELEMENTS" FROM ANYTHING! TO STOP HIS DISCOVERIES BEING "BURIED"

HE IS NOW THE WORLDS FOREMOST EXPERT IN THIS FIELD

SCIENTISTS HAVE HAD TO THROW OUT ALL THEIR BOOKS INCLUDING "STEPHEN HAWKING"
THIS IS HOW PROFOUND A DISCOVERY IT IS
THE WHOLE OF HUMANITY SHOULD BENEFIT NOT JUST THE FAT CAT ILLUMINATI-MASONS-ECT !

NASA NOW "KNOW" THERE IS LIFE EVERY WHERE THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE !
THEY HAVE BEEN COLLECTING "STARDUST"SINCE 1983- AND HAVE FOUND THAT EVERY 6 PARTICLES IN 10,000 ARE THIS VERY THING HUDSON HAS DERIVED FROM HIS LAND ECT..
THEY KNOW IT "RESSONATES WITH DNA TO MAKE IT A THOUSAND TIMES MORE INTELIGENT !HENCE THE ABILITIE TO CORRECT FAULTY DNA .
THERE IS SIMPLY NOTHING ON EARTH THAT HAS EVER HAD THE IMPLICATIONS FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND !
THE GREATEST DISCOVERY EVER !
UNFORTUNATELY THE EGYPTIONS KNEW OF IT
THE SUMMERIANS KNEW OF IT
IT IS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE
NICHOLAS FLAMEL KNEW OF IT (1450 )FRENCH ALCHEMIST
BRITISH KNEW OF IT (1766)
WONDER WHY IT WAS NEVER ALLOWED TO BE KNOWN BY EVERYONE !

THERE ARE NOW PLENTY OF PLACES WHERE YOU CAN BUY THESE ELEMENTS - WHITEPOWDER GOLD - IRIDIUM- PALLADIUM ETC
BUT BE WARY OF RIP-OFFS BUY SMALL SAMPLES TO TRY FIRST

SLOWLY - BIT BY BIT SMALL AMOUNTS OF TECHNOLOGY ARE CHANGING BECAUSE OF THESE DISCOVERIES BUT THE HOPE IS IT WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER !
part 1

uk.wrs.yahoo.com...=A86.OSHtLBpIom0BFl52BQx./SIG=120ievgoa/EXP=1209761389/**http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv=w5peRJvcJf8

part 2

uk.wrs.yahoo.com...=A86.OSHtLBpIom0BGV52BQx./SIG=1204u4kpd/EXP=1209761389/**http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv=VGi_87s2kVQ

research - monoatomic gold / laurence gardner / orbitally rearranged elements/ ormes / david iridium hudson / nicholas flamel / mfkzt/ shamanah /white powder gold

ENJOY !

Mod Edit: Fixed margin busting link

[edit on 5/1/08 by FredT]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Can we have a mod take care of the guy above? In the meantime, I have a hard time believing that the farmer that you're talking about invented everything you have listed there. It seems like a pretty insane idea to me.

[edit on 5/1/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"Back to the article:

"But Professor Stephen Kaye, a consultant plastic and hand surgeon at Leeds University, poured cold water on Dr Badylak's claims.

Asked if he was surprised that Mr Spievack's finger "grew back" he said: "Not in the slightest."

Prof Kaye added: "The pictures I've seen on the web show a wound I would have expected to heal and regenerate in any case.

"The end of the finger is extremely good at regeneration. The pictures we've seen on the web show no evidence of loss of bone, nerve or tendon material, but regeneration and repair of skin - which is exactly what the fingertip does."

He added that the photographs appeared to portray a "very commonplace transverse amputation of the very end of the fingertip" and not someone who had lost the last phalanx of his finger, as Dr Badylak claimed.

Prof Kaye said extra-cellular matrix was an acknowldged way of promoting wound healing, but pointed out that there was a "big difference" between healing and regeneration."

Thank you very much Bspiracy, this is exactely the point I was makeing/made.

And to whoever said, whole fingernails that were lost, hardly ever grow back? I guess you just never lost your entire fingernail. I have, 2 seperate times in my life, due to construction accidents, and I can assure you, they both have grown back, and look the same as they did before the accidents.

Again the whole video presentation, and article is suspect in my opinion, for they never showed the injured finger, on the end of this particular mans arm. The only showed close-ups of an injured finger (where again if you look close, on the very tipe was slice, , about 1/4, or 1/8 of an in by my esimates, and his nail fell off, which is common in an injury like that.)

Yes I know starfish can regenerate ect. Fish can also breath underwater, thats neither here nor there.

There's never been a documented case when a person has lost a significant amount of their finger, (like the doctor above said) below the first knuckle, and had it heal back to it's original state.

and Pixie dust??????

are you jokeing me? that assertion alone should move this thread to the skunkworks forums, or even below top secret.

pixie dust, *holds in laughter*

Again thanks for the find Bspiracy. Star for you!

*BTW*

I'm not even gonna comment on the outrageous claims made by the poster above who's caps lock is stuck. I've only been here a short time, but that has to be one of the most rediculous posts I've read since I've been here. Definitely in the top 3.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join