It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 U.S. census

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
After the last census it seemed like once a week I would hear a story on the news or read one in the paper about the census interviewers that would come to your home and interview you about your house, neighborhood, neighbors, town services etc. abusing their jobs and forcing or harassing you to participate in these surveys. I couldnt find any related storys with a quick google.

I was'nt a home owner then but I am now. It seems the last homeowner had participated in the random sampling survey, about 3 weeks ago we received some kind of card stock postcard from the census bureau stating that they would like to interview me again. I thought to myself "stupid former home owner, good luck catching me at home jerks!!!" and promptly threw it out.

I came home from work one day last week and saw a formal message taped to my front door saying that this worker was sorry to have missed me but that they would stop by again. On it was a number I could call to set up an appointment. this also found its way into my trash.

So yesterday (sunday) morning at roughly 11 am the doorbell rings. Its the census worker. They informed me that the survey would only take a half hour, I told them I wasnt interested, they asked if next week would be better and I shut the door.

Has anyone had anything similar happen?
What is the survey about?

So thats the story thus far sorry to drag it out
apologies if this forum but I figured the census would be pretty important to the elites.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sickboy1313

If you really want to have some fun,do the interview and lie big time.The last census we had I counted the dogs,cats,frequent visitors and livestock.
All of them as family members...lol

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, tell them your religion is 'jedi'. There's some internet rumour (maybe true, maybe urban legend, not sure) that if enough people do that, they have to declare 'jedi' an official religion. Even if that's totally false, it would still be funny to see the pollster's reaction.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I guess should they come back I will try to make the most of it and entertain myself. Still its a half hour of questioning. I wonder if the would catch on to the whole livestock thing as I live in a town house lol! Im just curious as to wether or not they are going to be fishing for answers to how many guns etc. Its funny you should mention "Jedi" as religion, we had a talk about that this morning at work!
goods stuff!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sickboy1313

Well I had a friend that for extra money became a census agent, for each census he filed was ten dollars a piece.

So yes they will try to get your participation if your address had a record of willing participation.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wish I could find the stories about it.
But these interviewers would literally force their way into peoples homes and make these people fill it out. If they couldnt get people to participate they would also just go ahead and fill the surveys out themselves.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have no idea- no census taker has ever come to my place. I am renter though, not an owner. Does that mean I don't count? And if so, can I stop paying taxes?

I think you should invite him over and have fun with it. Maybe be drunk when he shows up. And if he starts to piss you off you can tell him you enjoy fava beans, and a nice chianti.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I recal about 8 years ago I filled out the census form and forgot about it. Then one day a census taker came to our house to ask us more questions. It just so happened we had quite a few children around at the time visiting with my children. I counted the children and said they were all mine. Yes, even the black girl. And I am very white so that would seem unlikely. lol. I lied my butt off and claimed about 20 of us were living in the house and we were all related and I only made about 16,000 dollars year and I was the only breadwinner. Oh, what fun. lol.

top topics

join