It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent trip to Area 51- Guards cross the line

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
People, there are no such things as UFO'S.
This is the greatest piece of Gov,t misdirection the world has ever seen.

UFO means unidentified flying object...yes they do exist. Any time you see something in the sky you can't identify, it's a UFO. Now whether or not intelligent life from another place visits the earth...well that's open to debate. Perhaps GOD elected not to write about other life forms in the bible...ever think about that?

You seem like a pretty arrogant human...the most intelligent people on earth know one thing...and that is that we just don't know.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Originally posted by bknapple
I think its fair to say I have camped at Area 51 more times than anyone on this board. I have been there a little over 25 times in the past 3 years. Since I live in Vegas and am only 24, its very easy. But something has gone on the last couple times and it has progressively gotten worse.

You say you've camped at Area 51 many times...were you actually on base property? If so...what do you expect?

Im gonna assume you havent read this whole thread nor any other trip report on area 51 camping. When we say camping at area 51, no one means camping in the top secret base. thats called impossible. we camp near the border. this is common knowledge

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
....If anyone else wants to help me out, please post that you don't believe him and I can add you to my list.

Then you may as well add me, because I do not believe him. That is not to say that the events, as he recalled them, did not happen
I may consider that he went camping, or even that he went camping close to Area 51 as such occurrences are not uncommon. But when an extraordinary circumstance is added to the story, extraordinary evidence becomes requisite. When I began reading this thread and found that he had a video recording of security ransacking his camp I thought to myself, "Nice. This should be good." But then came to find that security came around again to look specifically for the camera that they somehow missed the first time. Maybe they heard the member speak with his girlfriend about having them on camera. Who knows?

I could not help but to remember Agent Mulder's constant discovery of individuals or information that could validate the X-Files or some hidden agenda or program by the government or EBE's against the people, but somehow conveniently loses the evidence by the end of the show. If the events of the camping trip are true, then it must be a horrible feeling I imagine.

we camp near the border. this is common knowledge

Near the border? I remember seeing a thread on ATS about an individual who either tampered with, removed or took photos on public property some sensor and had his house raided thereafter. And these are placed some ways from the border. Do you watch for these before you set up camp?

Here is the thread I was referring to: [color=786cd2]ATS: Area 51 hackers dig up trouble

Just remember that whatever events of information that is posted here is up for scrutiny by us members, and name-calling and ridicule are attributes of ignorance, not disbelief.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
After reading more replys and the OP's responses to them I too am leaning toward a bit of stretching of the truth. Though I still like the story and appreciate his posting it as it still adds to ATS as a good yarn if nothing else.

One thing I curious about OP, were you using any substances such as alcohol or other unmentionables during this camp out? I think it would be more unusual being an American student not partying and drinking while on holiday even for just a weekend, so I assume your senses we're not crystal clear that day.

I do believe you went camping near Area 51 and I do believe something out of the ordinary experience happened to you. Though I think you may have expanded the truth a bit - not a big deal as we all do it to make stories more interesting. I even believe your camp site may have been ransacked. As it is sadly a regular thing at American trailheads and campsites for criminals to ransack vehicles & tents.

I even believe it may or may not have been security, but I don't believe your video evidence was really that good even before you lost the camera.

Since, you never saw who broke in your car and stole your camera, it could have just as well been camp robbers rather than the exotic story of military security men coming back to get evidence of them doing wrong.

Probably a couple drunk hunters or local meth heads taking advantage of tourist kids from Vegas and stealing your camera to pawn the next day. Of course you don't know who came back, nor do we know - it's all just pure speculation as you didn't even look out of your tent.

Since, you mention your car was a convertible, I have to say why bother locking it, as they're the easiest cars to break in. I know someone with the exact same vehicle and they leave it unlocked at the beach with glove box open so the thieves wont break the locks or cut the top just to look for nothing.

Though I have to give you half credit thinking nobody would break into your vehicle with you sleeping next to it, on the other hand why move the camera in the first place if they didn't take it the fist time and then move it to a virtually unlockable convertible - that part smells a bit.

However whether or not you're being completely truthful, I still enjoyed your story, so thank you for sharing it with us and good luck on your next camping adventure and feel free to post again if there's anything else out of the ordinary.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexi Humi

Then you may as well add me, because I do not believe him. That is not to say that the events, as he recalled them, did not happen
I may consider that he went camping, or even that he went camping close to Area 51 as such occurrences are not uncommon. But when an extraordinary circumstance is added to the story, extraordinary evidence becomes requisite. When I began reading this thread and found that he had a video recording of security ransacking his camp I thought to myself, "Nice. This should be good." But then came to find that security came around again to look specifically for the camera that they somehow missed the first time. Maybe they heard the member speak with his girlfriend about having them on camera. Who knows?

I could not help but to remember Agent Mulder's constant discovery of individuals or information that could validate the X-Files or some hidden agenda or program by the government or EBE's against the people, but somehow conveniently loses the evidence by the end of the show. If the events of the camping trip are true

yes only If- Why wouldn't they have some sort of acoustic receiver, the technology is there and the black budget providing it must be protected in every way. These security guards are less than pawns in their game, but they wouldn't leave them defenseless to any scenario possible if they truly wanted to protect it. They could have just of easily planted a bug. Alterior motives could be in play and abuse of power.

Here we are discussing something different though, and history and personal experiences must be remembered, because they have not been brought to justice. The majority of the USA is still enslaved at many different levels.

I could go on but probably already upset someone so Ill stop there.

Just remember that whatever events of information that is posted here is up for scrutiny by us members, and name-calling and ridicule are attributes of ignorance, not disbelief.

I completely agree with your logic I just felt compelled to establish that this is serious, and him goin out there is being close to a reality that too few care about. It is my belief that soon more people will care about what decisions our government is making for us, they might not have a choice at one point.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
after reading the entire thread and seeing how half the posters on this thread keep saying this guy's story is fake I have to say I'm dissapointed in ats, I could see questioning his story if he said he broke into area 51 and took a file or something but come on the guy has anwered all the people crying fake as best he can, I for one belive him and I say to you don't let these people crying fake discourage you from posting these great stoies of yours in the future.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by scorpionxx]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

UFO means unidentified flying object...yes they do exist. Any time you see something in the sky you can't identify, it's a UFO. Now whether or not intelligent life from another place visits the earth...well that's open to debate.

Agreed

Perhaps GOD elected not to write about other life forms in the bible...ever think about that?

Perhaps other life forms were ommitted from the bible. Turned into other characters in the cases they couldn't ommit, like Jesus, Jmmanuel.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vincibut YOU have a lot to gain from this man's story.

So the Cammo dudes have escalated tactics? This is a lot to learn?

Well true... I will make sure to take TWO cameras when going there... one to let them take

Okay so I buy that the OP was rousted by the guards... and that inn 'may' make a great cheeseburger...so now what?

[edit on 23-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Vincibut YOU have a lot to gain from this man's story.

So the Cammo dudes have escalated tactics? This is a lot to learn?

Well true... I will make sure to take TWO cameras when going there... one to let them take

Okay so I buy that the OP was rousted by the guards... and that inn 'may' make a great cheeseburger...so now what?

[edit on 23-4-2008 by zorgon]

zorgon, i was going to post some replies, tonight, on my night off from school. but this has to be one of the funniest posts ive seen in response to such a scrutinized thread. thank you. even i can laugh out loud with a skeptic. so,again, thank you

in response to others\, i remember seeing that a post said i was too drunk to maybe figure out they were. but i have to say that the video was conclusive. i knew who they were. and the poster went further to say that i didn't even look out the tent to see who they were the second time. but in allllll my posts i said i did look out a very small part of my tent to see that, yes it was the say cammo dudes in the same unmarked chevy's..

to the others who believe me off of logic, thank you.

i wil post again on this site. and 99% of my trips will be unremarkable. and even then, i will still post. this site is great. and people who ask questions are very good for this site. there have been many hoaxes here, and it is wise to question. I just hope that people don't question, for questions sake.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eerieleary
yes only If- Why wouldn't they have some sort of acoustic receiver...

I would think it negligence on their part had they not some "acoustic receiver" or other exotic listening equipment available and did not employ it. I am not saying that is the right thing to do, only that I am putting myself in [color=786cd2]Wackenhut's position as far as security in concerned.
The violation of civil rights on public property, however, I can not rationalize similarly. Besides any equipment Wackenhut may have, they also have support from:

...guards generally follow visitors near the perimeter and radio for the Lincoln County Sheriff.

Surveillance is supplemented using buried motion sensors and by HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopters. [color=786cd2]Wikipedia -- Area 51

[color=786cd2]Area51Zone.com: Security

I could go on but probably already upset someone so Ill stop there.

I'm unaware of anything troublous that you may have said that could cause upset. I myself am not so sensitive to sarcasm or disagreement.

I just felt compelled to establish that this is serious, and him goin out there is being close to a reality that too few care about.

Consider it established. I may not consider bknapple's story, but I consider other events that surround Area 51 that disturbs me.

During the 1980s, the men say, classified materials were burned at least once a week in 100-yard-long, 25-foot-wide pits. With security guards standing at the edge, Air Force personnel threw in hazardous chemicals such as methylethylketone, a common cleaning solvent, and other things, such as computers, that produce dioxin when burned. The toxic brew, including drums of hazardous waste trucked in from defense facilities in other states, was ignited with jet fuel and typically burned for eight to 12 hours, the men say.

In the mid-1980s, however, dozens of Area 51 workers began developing breathing difficulties, chest pains, neurological problems and chronic skin inflammation -- all classic signs of exposure to toxins. The burning especially affected those who worked outdoors in maintenance and construction, about 150 to 300 yards downwind from the pits. [color=786cd2]Tin Wiki -- Area 51 Toxic Waste

I am curious, bknapple, are you planning another trip and would you camp in the same location?

Edit to add:

Originally posted by bknapplei wil post again on this site. and 99% of my trips will be unremarkable. and even then, i will still post. this site is great. and people who ask questions are very good for this site. there have been many hoaxes here, and it is wise to question. I just hope that people don't question, for questions sake.

I can speak for myself when I say that if you started a thread about your next trip, and hopefully took some pictures to post later but unnecessary, even if the trip itself was uneventful, I would appreciate the journey for what it was.

Like these:

[color=786cd2]My trip to Montauk (Camp Hero)

[color=786cd2]My Trip To A Missile Silo

[color=786cd2]I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

A good "My Trip to..." thread is always an enjoyable read.
(except for the last one which is sombre in nature.
)

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Alexi Humi]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

in response to others\, i remember seeing that a post said i was too drunk to maybe figure out they were. but i have to say that the video was conclusive. i knew who they were. and the poster went further to say that i didn't even look out the tent to see who they were the second time. but in allllll my posts i said i did look out a very small part of my tent to see that, yes it was the say cammo dudes in the same unmarked chevy's..

to the others who believe me off of logic, thank you.

i wil post again on this site. and 99% of my trips will be unremarkable. and even then, i will still post. this site is great. and people who ask questions are very good for this site. there have been many hoaxes here, and it is wise to question. I just hope that people don't question, for questions sake.

"The violation of civil rights on public property, however, I can not rationalize similarly."

I agree. Unless you were doing something to antagonize them, or in some way appear to be a perceived threat, what rights do they have on PUBLIC LAND to harass anyone? And on that note, what if you were packing "heavy" and felt endangered enough to blast their collective asses? If you were under the impression that you were going to be robbed/raped/killed on PUBLIC LAND by "bad guys", would a self-defence plea not be in order?

Or is there more to this story than you have disclosed?

EDITED TO ADD: I still have had no response from Trisch. Something I missed when I initially watched her videos is ONE OR BOTH OF THEM WERE FLASHING THE CAMMO DUDES. Camping right at the line, half+ drunk, flashing your boobs and who knows what else... that's a invitation for trouble in my thinking.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Hey I like your avatar... can you get me one of those? I have this helicopter keeps buzzing around my house like a pesky mosquito... I bet that thing would solve the problem

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple even i can laugh out loud with a skeptic. so,again, thank you

OOOOHHH he don't know me vewy well do he? (heavy Tweety Bird accent)

SKEPTIC
I have been called many things but never that

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maybe I missed the post, but I have yet to see the OP respond with what kind of camera he was using. I mean, I hear about some vague references, but what make and model was the camera. When did you buy it? How did you watch it? Does it have a little screen? Did you watch it on your laptop, etc... I'm not trying to gang up on you with some of the others, but this did strike me as you avoiding the question, and avoiding it well. This is VERY suspicious. Also, I used to live in Las Vegas and used to go out there often. First off, anytime I camp I bring a firearm. Anytime I travel to that part of the desert I bring a firearm. The last thing you want is to be 100 miles from Vegas and have your car break down and have some weirdo approaching. This being understood, I never had a problem carrying my firearm when walking the grounds around the base borders. There is nothing illegal with walking around the base, hence the reason you can camp there without being kicked out. I don't care if it's animals, camo dudes, some stranger, or aliens, if someone is going to break into my car or be around going through my things with my girlfriend around, they are going to be faced with a weapon pointing at them. There will be dialogue a well. I have never had a problem with this action before and if you weren't afraid of the camo dudes, I don't understand why you wouldn't face them. I want to believe your story, but there are things that seem odd about it. I've seen WAY too many people post silly stories for the attention and that's almost what this one seems like. I've been lurking on these forums for years and just recently signed up. I think another suspicious thing is that one of the first things you say in your post is that YOU have probably camped more at area 51 than ANYONE on these forums. Not only is this arrogant, but it's an idiotic statement that belittle those other guys who are probably in their 50's or older and have been following area 51 stuff 10 years before you were born. I am not one of those guys as I am closer to your age, but that statement is yet another thing that is questionable in your OP. Why is it so hard to give the exact make and model of the camera you were using?

JPT

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
bknapple, how far did you and your girlfriend camp from the Area 51 location/border?

Could you please give the camera model/name that you used?

Does your camera use film, a memory card, or internal hard drive to store its videos on?

Have you visited the same location to camp at, or do you select a new location?

When you said you heard the noise of a "big gun being made ready to fire," was it the sound of a shotgun, or a magazine being put into a rifle?

The camera that was in your tent, why was it focused on your camp site, rather than at the sky? Were you expecting for them to come to your camp?

You mentioned that you went to that inn to get some drinks. Why did you not go back there, rather than sleep on a popped mattress that night?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

You say they saw you lock the camera in the tent. But you said they popped open your car where the camera was.

-What it means was that the camp was under survilance during the whole thing,,And would not be unusual for them to miss something if they were looking for something specific.
However when they saw you take the camera and put it in the truck ,,they knew that it was important and where it was.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If this does not stop, people are going to stop posting their experiences here. Or, is that the intent by some of you? It would seem so.

He proved he was there to me with his response about the Little Ali Inn. Why would the rest not be true? He made no wild claims?

People believe John Lear and question this?

I'm usually on the skeptics side, but this is just an attack for the attacks sake. Part of the dumbing down of ATS I suspect.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
People believe John Lear and question this?

Hmmm yes but John is no longer here... yes?

I'm usually on the skeptics side, but this is just an attack for the attacks sake. Part of the dumbing down of ATS I suspect.

That and perhaps more...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No reason not to believe him, as I have seen him over on dreamlandresort as well. Regardless, a crazy time is sounds like, thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You know, after some time of just being a "watcher," I finally registered to post here. This thread has really made me laugh! To be brutally honest, I believe the OP.

The camera that he used for "Camp Security" could have lasted the 3 hours that he said he was gone for. I bought a little minicam that lasts on avg. 3.5 hours before it needs to be recharged. If this camera is one of the cheesy ones, that takes AA batteries, you could use those lithium batteries which would last that long, if not longer, providing you don't have the camera light on. But if you did, it wouldn't be covert and hidden then, right?

I was in Vegas that weekend when he went camping. Would've liked to gone to Area 51 also, but tickets for The Amazing Johnathan seemed like a better deal. At night, it was windy, and cold, (not really, I'm from Chicago, so it was quite good). It was also dark at night. It usually is dark, as the sun is no longer out! So, with that being said, personally, I would've done the exact same thing, and stayed. All that was done was psych-ops. The firewood was scattered, and the camp was visibly disturbed. IMHO, that is a "GET OUT!!" sign for sure. But being night, and after a few SoCo drinks, why move? Yes, the OP did have a few drinks, (I read the entire post before posting!). So even more, it's a, "Well, it's all passed, and now that we're back, they won't come back. They don't know if we're armed!" The Cammo Dudes know that you're probably not armed, but junkies wandering the desert don't know, so why would they chance it?

OP said it sounded like a "very big gun." If you can't see what kind of gun it is, what does it matter if it is big, ie 50 cal Desert Eagle, or small, ie .22 shorty? Either way, if you get shot by either, it's going to hurt. Alot. And possibly die. Theses guys are trained on how to shoot, and I can guarentee that they are not just going to wing you. Jumping out at armed people in the middle of the night is certian death. If you were to do that to me, I'd shoot you too!

IDK, maybe if the OP were to post the callsigns of the cammo dudes who broke into his camp, the skeptics may believe!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join