It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin gets unanimous vote for new role

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Putin gets unanimous vote for new role

www.cnn.com

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- President Vladimir Putin accepted the leadership of the dominant United Russia party Tuesday, securing his grip on power for when he leaves the Kremlin and becomes prime minister next month.

He was quickly approved as leader in a unanimous vote during a party congress that mixed promises of a bright Russian future with traditions from the Soviet past.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok. I don't get this guy. Is he good or bad for the rest of the world? Seems like to me he is going to be in a position of power for quite a long time, trying to make Russia the world power it once was.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He is in the game for as long as he lives.
I doubt he will live as long as Castro but he will forever be the leader of
Soviet...I mean Russia for the rest of my life I'm sure.

Is he good or bad? That is a tough question....He is kind of like Bush but with a brain...he wants the Soviets...I mean Russians to be "the" superpower. He isn't Napolean..... He has a huge ego but he is more concerned with respect and power than he is about destroying or starting any war.......If he and Bush were brothers then he would be the younger brother that wants some respect.

I'm not comfortable with him in perpetual power but.....ah....who was the French dude I hated?.......Jaque C...something (how embarrassing) the dude before this good guy they have now. That is who Putin is like (in my opinion) Putin is going to be the same pain in the ass for the U.S. as Chereak or crap...I really can't get his name off the tip of my tongue.
...someone will say it for me.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Res Ipsa]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Jacques Chirac is the name you're after.

----

And here is our man Vladimir , Time person of the year 2007 :

And here is his older brother :

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

My God!
We do agree on something!!!!

Well, almost. I'm not so sure that he wouldn't be up for a good ole game of war... But, he'd just be puppeteering, of course.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

Who would be puppeteering?

This makes it two lines...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Who would release such a photo from what i suppose is the white house, of george bush on the phone like that. There is a similar photo of obama with the phone upside down.

What is it with america leaders, and upside down phones.

Maybe it is a trigger, or they do it for a laugh, to mess with peoples heads.

On Putin, he is good for the world, and the world should be glad he and russia are not in the wests arm pits.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Puppet = Medvedev

Puppeteer = Putin

Or they could very well be in cahoots.

Speculative, of course.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

Ah, thank you for clarifying.
I would have to agree with you. Putin will be pulling the strings in Russia for a long time.

top topics

join