It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will change humanity forever.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano

They are probably beings themselves that only show when they want to, not because YOU want them to. Remember that don't be selfish now

And if they do show up, expect to pay them for their time. They might make you voluntar for a science lab for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The problem with words is that each one of us can fill them in ourselves. Let's say I'm an alien receiving your words, just hypothetical. Maybe I don't think in terms of positive and good and whatever you mean by those words is something I don't get. All I see is an invitation but no house rules. If there's something on that little planet that's of interest to me I might just go visit and do whatever I please. I don't know what it is that you humans want other than me visiting you. I'm sure you don't know what I want either.

It wouldn't surprise me that if the invited alien would show up, very few of us would actually be able to see in what shape and form. Maybe our human spirit has many qualities which we haven't yet discovered for ourselves because it is not something we need in everyday life (we don't miss something which we are unaware of), or maybe no human ever became aware of it and told others. Sort of like dormant, unused. We're not that old a lifeform and besides that we tend to repeat ourselves, inventing the same wheel over and over again individually instead of picking up where someone else left off. The alien would show up, see that we aren't using those qualities ourselves so they might use it instead and we wouldn't even notice, except maybe for some side-effects to our (still little understood) psyche which we would attribute to other (mundane) causes.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

I don't care if there's 10 billion blind believers. I require tangible proof. Guess what, I'm still waiting and you certainly shed no light on the subject.

All you gave me was another useless religious rant I've heard a million times before. You may choose to believe in the Big Bad Wolf but I certainly don't! The words 'blind faith' are interesting - notable the word BLIND!

All you actually did was prove me 100% correct!

Thanks dude!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11

Your reply seems to be a little warped.Over ONE BILLION christians believe in the Bible.Over ONE BILLION believe in the Koran. Yet no one asks for proof.

LOL! You just said it all my friend! No wonder the worlds in the mess it's in!

More than 2 thousand years and you guys still haven't got it right! Still bickering - still fighting - still killing... all in the name of your god... unquestioningly!

FACTS:
Muslims still stone each other, still chop of each others heads, hands and feet... did I mention blow up hundreds of innocent people?

www.aina.org...

Catholic Priests rape little boys and girls and the Vatican continues to protect them... including your new pope! Don't believe me, then check out the link! Here's some proof! Something you cannot give!

www.smh.com.au...

If that's not a definition of failure, then nothing is!

Get off your high chair, throw away your crutch and grow up!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sictransitgloria

You make a good point. Why do they always seem to come at night? If they are truly intelligent, they would know that all of our scary movies take place at night. And at night, even our smiling children can scare the bejeebies out of us. lol

Also, I am thankful to be a part of this forum. There are a lot of comedians here and I love to laugh.

And furthermore, I really enjoy the deep thoughts and different perspectives that are being laid out. Lee's post was kind of mind boggling. I have never thought of us as being another's property. Kinda sobering and frightening all at once.

Regarding the OP... I have only slightly studied the Laws of Attraction, but it seems to have merit. Abused women attract abusive guys. Drunks attract poverty and chaos and alcoholics. So forth and so forth. One thing I do agree with is what Malevolent_Aliens had to say. You do seem very unhappy and you will be sending out that signal along with, "Come visit me please". Not a good idea. lol

Anyway.. great thread in my opinion. And I'm going to keep reading this one because if for nothing else, I know I won't be depressed after reading the replies on here.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by son of PC

I am qualified to join mensa, but didn't want to give them 35 bucks. Big fan of Noory's c2c show and the research work of Linda Molton Howe.

No offense, but your not qualified for Mensa if you consider the crap that Linda Howe serves up as "research"

Back to topic, this thread has run its course I suppose. I'll work for a few more hours and check back in to see the newest hippie-ufo thread (we get several a day now, it's the in thing because those that foolishly fall for this stuff don't have to provide a sliver of evidence to defend it....very convenient)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If you telepathically can make ufos/aliens appear simply by willing ir then I think youre seeing aliens without jobs or girlfriends.
Seriously, what youre proposing sounds as if these so-called supremely intelligent beings are losers with nothing better to do than put on a show for a person who wants to see something neat. I don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, why not give it a try? I mean really now. Its better to try it, than to ignore it. You never know what will happen. I'll reply later.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Because, honestly--and I'm sure that I will get flamed for this--I have better things to do. Why don't people who communicate with aliens just stop and pray to Jesus, just stop and pray for him to light up your heart? Or Allah or whoever? Because you don't want to, and I don't have the desire or time to play make believe with aliens. (Listen, I believe in ETs; and I'm on the fence about Earthly visitation, but the OP's proposal seems shallow at best and ludicrous at worst)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AOENEAPRIL

WARNING! I followed up the link to the Filez page and tried to download one of the "subliminal" rar files and my Avast anti-virus software said the download was a VIRUS!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join