It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I second your motion!
It would be wrong to think that nothing will occur at all. I believe they (mayans) think it will be a significant event involving a celestial movement, possibly a great earth change. The Mayan's were extremley intelligent in the area of time, we and the rest of the world still measure time based on their system. They knew what they were doing when it came to time and astronomy. They obviously saw something is coming, some change would occur, something that we will all witness. How could they be so accurate with time and astronomy and make such a prediction, down to the day, and end the calendar without knowing, based on their knowledge of time and astronomy, that some very significant event would occur? I don't think they would have ended the calendar if the event were spiritual only. Who did they expect to pick up the calendar after 12-21-2012? But the mystery will be in our face soon, too bad more writings of the Mayan's didn't survive the Spanish, we might know more.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The end date of the calendar is still highly ambiguous. Some believe we'll go past time and money by 12-22-2012. I recently interviewed JohN Major Jenkins for my website and asked him about that. He stated, "There really is no ambiguity; Mayan time philosophy ascribes to a cyclic view of time. The doctrine of World Ages in the Mayan Creation Myth (the Popol Vuh) provides parallel details on how the World Age calendar called the Long Count works. At the end of a cycle, transformation and renewal occur and thus we can expect that the day following 13.0.0.0.0 will be 0.0.0.0.1."

With that in mind, he later suggested a metaphysical change could occur: "Some kind of relationship between the precessional wobble and cycles of change experienced by life on earth would seem to be likely. Currently unexplored relationships between us, the galactic center, and precession are suggested in the fact that we are roughly 26,000 light years from the galactic center – which I first pointed out in 1996. That there may be more of a metaphysical, or subtle, impact on consciousness is also a consideration and may be related to the diminishment of the magnetic field surrounding the earth."

Something is happening that you can feel right now. Perhaps this is the great shift in global consciousness?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well we can do some math fun with that date. I'll be 26 in 2012. 2 times six is twelve. My birthday is exactly 23 days before december 21st. November 28th. What this means is that 28 minus 23 is 5, plus 21 is 26. My exact age, come my 21st birthday. Weird, huh?

Or just me doing math until I find common multiples and such.

What will really happen on that date? I'm not gunna pretend like I know what's coming, but reguardless of the date, I can't help but feel like we're all slowly preparing for something. Countless amounts of people I talk to, not even about fringe topics, just about how they are feeling these days, say time and time again "I dunno, I just feel like something is building up, like I'm just sitting and waiting for something."

My own mother, after years of distraction, is finally getting back into spirituality and stuff. I kinda inspired her with my rather recent enlightenment period. She used to say, and still does, that there is going to be major Earth changes coming in the not too distant future.

Personally, I have been studying "the bigger picture", and no matter where you look, the signs are there that everything and everyone is a stressed out and needs a break. Why? Nature is about balance. Why is the balance here on Earth so off? After a lot of reading, listening, watching, and deep thinking, it can only be from one thing: There's a destructive force at work here on this Earth that does not belong. A virus.

Is it us? Well... either way, it raises a bunch of questions. If it's not us, then WHO or WHAT is it? If it IS us, then where did we come from and why did we forget? I don't believe we're the sole problem. We're too much of this Earth to have become such it's own pest.

Could this be simply that the Earth is dying, and WE are a natural product of its death cycle? I hope not. I like Earth.

I choose not to make too much of the exact date of december 21st 2012. I see changes coming, but they could happen at any time, and if this calendar is right, then hopefully enough of humanity will remain intact after it's all said and done to remember and record what happened, why, and how we knew about it but didn't listen, so we don't make the same mistakes again.

I dunno. I feel towards this situation similarly to how I feel about always losing my keys. No matter what bad # happens because of it, I keep misplacing them, only to find them later when I least expected it. I can make a million notes of it, but that's not gunna help me once I get too comfortable with the situation and randomly let go of my keys into the abyss again.

I feel like we will find our keys, only to lose them again after we become lax at reminding ourselves about them. 2012 is a reference point, approximately. We'll be here again, slightly different cast of character, but same overall plot. Why? I'm not gunna bother telling you if you don't already have some clue. It's just too big of a thing to tell somebody without they themselves having something in their experience to compare it with.

I think that the general public's apprehension of what lays in the near future is clue enough that something is happening. What is the History Channel doing running almost constant marathions of programs about prophecy and apocalypse and 2012? Is this preparation, or is it a setup?

Something is coming. Something is always coming. We won't realize it until it's here, and only then will we be able to say "Oh look back at this and this. It predicted this and this."

As long as we look for prophecies to be fulfilled, eventually, we'll kind of fulfill them ourselves.

We all know, though, that even after the cataclysms, people are still gunna go "Oh that could be just a coincidence" or "that could be interpretted any way you want it to be" and stuff like that....

No one thing is exactly the same reality to no one person, so i mean there are just about as many possible outcomes to the whole 2012 thing as there are minds multiplied by thoughts to ponder of such things. People will view it as many different things, caused by many different forces, and will probably construct many different tales about it to tell the younger generations to come.

I just don't think this is as simple as a date on a calendar. If that were true, then why has 2012 been conveniently moved forward 5 years in order to fit with the Gregorian Calendar, which apparently skipped five years to correct for the King's birthday or something.

2012 already happened. Did you miss it? So did I. Don't worry, though. You'll be happy to know that, even though the whole 2012 date didn't work out, enlightened souls are still being born on Earth, and all just in time to educate everybody on just how stupid they are being with this awesome living sphere they were given to live in harmony with, and to hopefully enlighten people to the point where they DON'T let all their prophecies of doom play themselves out.

As of now, it's 50/50. We can make it, but we have to start getting our house in order here sooner rather than later.

Also, I would love for people to become more aware themselves, and to stop relying on other people to tell them what's going to happen, or what to do. Just live. Just do whatever it is that makes your short existence here a good stay. I would encourage everybody to do that. Stop doing what you either hate or are apathetic towards, and start really living and thinking and breathing and moving FOR YOURSELVES.

Nobody is gunna get anywhere if most people spend their whole lives thinking that they are wrong and everybody else is right, and that's kind of how people live nowadays. We make ourselves slaves, we pollute our own water, and we kill each other, and we wonder WHY OH WOE IS US?

Outside force or not, it's not like we didn't ask for it.

"You do it to yourself, ya do, and that's what really hurts."

Take responsibility for EVERYTHING, even if you yourself didn't do it.

This is the only way we can save ourselves from the destruction predicted by some and bring ourselves into the enlightenment predicted by others. We just need to take the power back. If we only had better collective memory, we'd know who we really are, and we would never be made a slave again.

Thanks for the topic.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Here goes:
1. another massive pacific tsunami. 30 foot tidal surge
2. record hurricane year for US/possible first "hypercane"
3. US gulf coast refineries go down
4. huge displaced US pop., economic refugees, martial law in select areas
5. food shortages, gas shortages, rationing possible, UN troops on US soil

[edit on 7-4-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
Here goes:
1. another massive pacific tsunami. 30 foot tidal surge
2. record hurricane year for US/possible first "hypercane"
3. US gulf coast refineries go down
4. huge displaced US pop., economic refugees, martial law in select areas
5. food shortages, gas shortages, rationing possible, UN troops on US soil

That's quite specific. I'll bite. Why these things, as opposed to Planet X or invading aliens?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

I've heard of planet X. Don't really know if it is true. If true arrival or flyby dates are uncertain. The aliens, ets, unkown entities, are already here, I feel. (must return to Poker Stars now, those boys have ripped me to shreds, but a good showing in a small tournament could boost my bankroll)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Nasa predicts a pole shift in 2012. The Mayans believed that consciousness was evolving and that Earth would reach its most evovled point in 2012. . It could be the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Ive heard of galactic planes and the photon belt and all that. The point is that there is alot of really important info on 2012 and i believe alot of it should be taken very serously.

The Mayans were genius when it came to math and astronomy. Thier calendar was very evovled and even incuded a 2 wheel zodiac type rotation that determined what type of person u would come to be.

A very good video explaining the Mayan Calender by the late Ian Lungold. This video is very long, but also very informative. BTW it has 3 parts, so just do a search for them on google video if they already aren't in the playlist.

Secrets of the Mayan Calendar Unveiled
video.google.com...

A very interesting video made by a group of scientists who look outside the box of accepted scientific theory. Also mentions 2012 and the possible earth changes that could come about.

The Horizon Project : Episode 1
www.truthring.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
A wise man once said to me:

"2012 just is, don't get caught up in the hype."

There are so many different theories out there, that the real truth may be already be lost.

We can lose ourselves in the hype.

Please, don't lose yourself - stay in the present moment - whatever will happen will happen. If we survive, we will live to see another day. If we don't survive, our souls will transcend to another dimension.

Have no fear, our soul/awareness/consciousness will survive, either way.

Dobbie.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Remember kids.

THE USA IS NOT THE WORLD.

You say everything is going to happen in the USA. What about other country's.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dobbie
A wise man once said to me:

"2012 just is, don't get caught up in the hype."

There are so many different theories out there, that the real truth may be already be lost.

We can lose ourselves in the hype.

Please, don't lose yourself - stay in the present moment - whatever will happen will happen. If we survive, we will live to see another day. If we don't survive, our souls will transcend to another dimension.

Have no fear, our soul/awareness/consciousness will survive, either way.

Dobbie.

Great advice! Live for the "NOW"!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esotericist
Nasa predicts a pole shift in 2012.

Post the link where NASA claims this! Or did it just sound good in your head while you were typing it?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

True words. Thanks for that

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Esotericist
Nasa predicts a pole shift in 2012.

Post the link where NASA claims this! Or did it just sound good in your head while you were typing it?

Ask and ye shall recieve, though I did not post the statement

"The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork"
The Sun Does a Flip

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Many indigenous tribes, such as the Mayans in the highlands of Guatemala, are right on the mark by living on a lunar calendar versus the Gregorian calendar.

Many indian tribes are much more in tune with the earth than most non-indigenous people.

In this train of thought, Mother Earth will show her displeasure with all of the pollution, wars, nuclear waste, etc in ways that may not be pleasureable. Each of us must try to do our part in keeping Mother Earth happy.

To laugh or ridicule this premise merely shows one's inability to be open-minded while being incapable of looking "outside the box". With that in mind, these people shouldn't be concerned about 2012 because after all, it's based on an indigenous calendar.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingNutEE
I predict that gas prices will go up, companies will go out of business, and Walmart will sell out to the Chinese. Oh, wait! Walmart already did! More people will be buying hybrid electric vehicles.

On the flip side, maybe all the wackos will ascend, and leave us normal people in charge. At that point, they may have to shut down ATS due to lack of members.

Perhaps Old Faithful will erupt. I saw on Discovery channel that it's mound has been growing. That's a cyclic event that the Mayan's could have predicted. Or maybe the New Madrid fault will become active again. But, as we all should know, the Mayan calendar doesn't end on 2012 - it's the end/beginning of another cycle.

I think they ran out of stone. "Hey Stan, you got any more stone? No? OK, then we'll end it right here."

Every ancient civilization ended their calendar's on 21-12-2012.
If you would research more you might come to know these ancient civilisations were very advanced.

Some mapped parts of the universe which we only could do with extreme powerfull telescopes, only to find out those oldies were right...

Stop ridiculing and show some respect to those civilisations..
Damn the arrogance is killing me... ignorant people

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by themishything
whats the mayan calendar?

There is plenty of information to be found on the internet concerning the Mayan calendar, so I won't get into the calendar itself. But the intriguing thing about their long count calendar is when it ends, when the December solstice sun has converged with the centerline of our Milky Way equator, the center plane of our galactic nuclear bulge, what the Maya called the Dark Rift. It is an event that occurs every 33 million years. December 21st, 2012 AD is (approximately) when this rare alignment occurs again. And some of you will be lucky enough to witness this rare Earth changing event. Cool, huh?

Theoretically, this region of space is more densely littered with cosmic debris (comets, asteroids, hungry reptilians looking for lunch, panspermia from previously blasted worlds, the Borg, space herpes, etc.). As we get closer to this crossing point in our galaxy, our chances of a cataclysmic collision with some of this debris increases considerably.

This central region of space is a scavenger species delight! Expect to also possibly bump into some of the nastiest alien life forms imaginable while passing through this most dangerous region of your galaxy. Expect this as you get closer to this galactic plane and for a while after passing though it all (assuming any of you survive).

Of course if you find any of this disturbing, you can deny it all and play pretend and make-believe whatever you prefer instead. Doing so won't change the truth, but it might make you feel better about it all, ha. For example, the religious cults and sects will believe this event is rapture and their demise means they are going to heaven (har), and believing this allows them to cope with their impending doom in a warm fuzzy feeling kind of way. Personally, I'm going to try to be ready, so at least some of us will survive.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

Are you going to be one of those people standing on top of the building, like in Independence Day?

It's amusing that you're so critical of those that believe in the word of the Bible, a historical document backed up by thousands of other historical documents; yet, you're so quick to believe in a theory based on the end date of a calendar.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i'm not exactly a believer in the whole 2012 thing, but if you have a look at the mayans, they were pretty onto it when it comes to astronomy. they knew there were ten planets ages ago and they had a calender that was a few minutes off.

if any of you guys want some pretty good proof on the subject, visit www.survive2012.com

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Its funny how as human beings, we're so self centred. Its always about something happening to "us",how it will affect "us" etc we never think about the millions of other species on this planet. Ooooo maybe there will be some massive twist and we learn that aliens have been here all along,but not as little green or grey men,but as sloths!!!Hey..it could happen...
Maybe the mayans just got bored and thought "hey,I'll stop here for now and take it up some other time" and just never got around to it?
My granddad told me tonight that its always one predicted catastrophe after another. They predicted the end of the world in '75 and again in the new millenium. Nothing happened,even though the new millenium was a big deal as far as calendars go.
However if aliens do come I hope they give me a new stomach because mines really playing up with acid reflux right now!!!hehe

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by themishything

Yeah, and all these OTHER civilisations got bored on exactly 21-12-2012 too, not to mention they just by a coincidence didnt take it up again neither

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was going to post the same link as NetStorm did. There are also other reports that i have read which outright said "Nasa predics a polar shift in 2012." Maybe it was on Livescience. Anyway here is another one where Nasa talks about polar shifts occuring, but more or less brushes it off also as if the accepted paradigm is that a polar shift could happen anytime but probably won't anytime soon.

Earh Loses its Magnetism
news.bbc.co.uk...

There are also reports about Venus' Transit toward the Earth in 2012.
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Anyhow i know i read that a certain scientist at Nasa predicted a polar shift in 2012 becuase of certain allignments and sun cycles. They have for sure hinted around about it IMO.

Everyone should really watch that video i posted a few links above titled "The Horizon Project : Episode One." It really has a lot of information about the scientific state of the world. The vido was made by a group of Scientists who actually take an approach at real science and examine evidence that others would want the public not to know about. If u actually think about it Polar shifts do occur and if it is the end of a certain cycle maybe that is how humans will ascend into the next cycle of humanity.

This video is actually mind blowing when you consider the evidence presented in it.

You can check out there home page here.
www.thehorizonproject.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join