It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
After reading some stuff on here Im intrigued to know that many people who claim to have contact with aliens believe that something will happen to the earth during 2012. I have read a few books by people who also claim the same thing.
Im open minded, I think I have a healthy dose of sceptism but I also believe theres more to life than what we presently know. However Im a bit confused by all of this. If somethings going to happen, then what? And why? Ive heard some theories about aliens selecting only "the fittest",what does that mean? And like most of the population I doubt I for one would "fit" into that category,so what happens to those who arent "the fittest"?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Most of the 2012 info I have ever heard, relates to the "end" of the Mayan calendar.
There are severl different other theories. A search on Google, will give you pleanty of reading material
IE

2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.

more here

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
From what I can make out we are at the end of a galactic cycle and in Dec 2012 there is a rare planetary alignment signalling the start of the Age of Aquarius, possibly resulting into some sort of evolution/ascension that the evil governments want to prevent so as to hold onto their power?

This is as I understand it but it's difficult to tell due to there being so many contradicting theories.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
the london olympics ? , the diamond jubilee of HM queen Elizibeth II ? , polish adoption of the EURO ? , the writings of james joyce enter public domain ?

what do you want to hapen ?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
it's probably going to pass with nothing more than a mear whimper. Fizzling out into 2013 with a few fireworks along the Thames. Maybe some cultists will get on the mass suicide malarkey,but that's probably about it.

I'm all up for any other theories,if there's some kind of proof. Like big planets in the sky and such. Until then,2012 is any other year.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
haha Yeah, so many theories... planet X, Aliens invade, Paradigm Shift, End of the World, etc. According to the X-Files aliens will eliminate the human race

But I seriously doubt anything will happen (remember what they said about the new millennium?) but then I could be wrong - the Mayans thought it was the end.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
2012 will be the year the survivors begin to come together and unite as one across this planet, after all the rapture loving make-believers have been judged and banished to heaven by a catastrophic asteroid strike in 2011. Isn't that nice. Their pathetic ... err I mean their prophetic wish will be fulfilled as they so believe and desire, and thus also the wishes of us sane survivors too.

Think of 2012 as a new beginning for the survivors, the strong and honest sane humans, free of the superstitious arrogant self-righteous egotistical insanity that once plagued and threatened mankind and Earth and all her other species. A new way of life will begin that year and it will be wonderful this time. Trust me, mark my words.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I know whats going to happen.

It's going to be another year like every single year :]

I believe its being WAY over hyped.

Also some country's will be in 2012 before us. Remember key word. DIFFERENT time zones. Meaning everyone is expecting something to happen dec 21st. When some places will be in dec 22nd. No one thought of that did they?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
whats the mayan calendar? Im not expecting, or wanting anything to happen (well maybe get a car/go on holiday etc LOL) but as Ive said Im pretty inexperienced in all this stuff!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by themishything
whats the mayan calendar?

There is plenty of information to be found on the internet concerning the Mayan calendar, so I won't get into the calendar itself. But the intriguing thing about their long count calendar is when it ends, when the December solstice sun has converged with the centerline of our Milky Way equator, the center plane of our galactic nuclear bulge, what the Maya called the Dark Rift. It is an event that occurs every 33 million years. December 21st, 2012 AD is (approximately) when this rare alignment occurs again. And some of you will be lucky enough to witness this rare Earth changing event. Cool, huh?

Theoretically, this region of space is more densely littered with cosmic debris (comets, asteroids, hungry reptilians looking for lunch, panspermia from previously blasted worlds, the Borg, space herpes, etc.). As we get closer to this crossing point in our galaxy, our chances of a cataclysmic collision with some of this debris increases considerably.

This central region of space is a scavenger species delight! Expect to also possibly bump into some of the nastiest alien life forms imaginable while passing through this most dangerous region of your galaxy. Expect this as you get closer to this galactic plane and for a while after passing though it all (assuming any of you survive).

Of course if you find any of this disturbing, you can deny it all and play pretend and make-believe whatever you prefer instead. Doing so won't change the truth, but it might make you feel better about it all, ha. For example, the religious cults and sects will believe this event is rapture and their demise means they are going to heaven (har), and believing this allows them to cope with their impending doom in a warm fuzzy feeling kind of way. Personally, I'm going to try to be ready, so at least some of us will survive.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Duplicate post deleted (what keeps doing that?).

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Oh. Well its nice to see theres so many optimists on here!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Everything that can happen, will happen in 2012. Just not here on Earth!

I did hear one interesting theory where the Age of Aquarius, coincides with the melting of the Ice Caps, which some say will cover the Earth in water. Hmmm Spooky!

Essentially, the ages are an analog for human evolution.

The same theory also says that this is the end of the Age of Pieces (the fish) or if you like to look more closely at the symbology, the end of the Age of Christ or Religion.

Ohh those crazy Mayans! Perhaps they just ran out of space on the rock?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Quit the bullcrap.
There is nothing terrorlike going to happen in 2012.
May be in the years before it, but in 2012 the people who CHOSE to will enter the next age. 99.9 perecnt chance we get help of aliens, but there will be no doomsday and no rapture or whatever # people talk about.

Stop putting people in fear.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm so fed up of this. Countless threads on ATS about 2012, mostly full of people who are so damn sure that 2012 is going to be 'just another year'. I may not be a believer in the whole 2012 thing but I sure as hell am not arrogant enough to think I know for sure that nothing is going to happen. I'm not expecting everyone to start preparing for some catastrophe, but I do think it's wise to be at least a little open-minded about it. We're not an invincible species - it's safe to say a meteor, flood, war or fire will strike at some point - and 2012 was an extremely important date to some pretty grand ancient cultures. Lets at least give them a little bit of respect instead of ridiculing them at every opportunity.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

that's way outside some peoples comfort zones i think.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I predict that gas prices will go up, companies will go out of business, and Walmart will sell out to the Chinese. Oh, wait! Walmart already did! More people will be buying hybrid electric vehicles.

On the flip side, maybe all the wackos will ascend, and leave us normal people in charge. At that point, they may have to shut down ATS due to lack of members.

Perhaps Old Faithful will erupt. I saw on Discovery channel that it's mound has been growing. That's a cyclic event that the Mayan's could have predicted. Or maybe the New Madrid fault will become active again. But, as we all should know, the Mayan calendar doesn't end on 2012 - it's the end/beginning of another cycle.

I think they ran out of stone. "Hey Stan, you got any more stone? No? OK, then we'll end it right here."

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
There is no supporting proof that the world will end in 2012, period. Mayan prophecy is based on the Popol Vuh, which does not state anything about a cataclysmic event. If anything, it makes reference to this being a time of Ascension and Enlightenment.

I recently went to Cozemel and took a trip to the Tulum ruins. I asked my tour guide, Beto (who is Mayan) what his impressions are of 12-21-2012. Beto said, ""When Katun 20 comes, the people of corn will no longer be humans. Something bigger will happen to change our perspective of life."

He also didn't mention anything about 2012 being cataclysmic, nor does the I Ching, yet many people are freaking out over this end date.

Through conjecture, we may surmise that the event would be catastrophic, based on the ends of each other baktun, but the end of the current baktun is completely different than the previous.

I found an article, by Carl Johan Calleman, which helps to explain Catastrophes & Enlightenment inre to 2012 (or in Calleman's belief of the end date of 10-28-2011):

To focus on possible catastrophes and earth changes or the sometimes threatening language of the Book of Revelation may serve little good. Yet, the idea that it may serve our survival to attain an Enlightened state seems only logical as a path to adapt through conscious work to the higher levels of consciousness. Of course, fear or self-interest may not be valid motives for taking a path towards the top of the Mountain of Enlightenment, but in the larger picture there is a logic to this that we should not ignore. The Heavens ruling in the cosmos must be reflected in the levels of consciousness of the human individuals.

The basic idea of attaining Enlightenment is to escape the domination of lower levels of consciousness and so to attain a state of oneness with All That Is, in fact a divine state. This also implies the oneness with each and every one of the manifestations of creation - the In Lak’ech philosophy. While there are spiritual practices that may lead to this, developed especially in India, and that I know little of, there are certain things that may be added to a broader understanding based on Mayan calendrics. In a path of elevating your consciousness to higher states it may for instance be a good idea always to keep an eye at what level of consciousness, in what Underworld, that different human habits of action and thought have originated.

www.calleman.com... ... accelerate

[edit on 4/20/08 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm not the author of this article, but it sheds a perspective that's worth sharing:

All of Consciousness has had one goal in its evolution, to discover what it is NOT.

Consciousness experiences the universe by comparison. The basic comparison is that the conscious is NOT whatever was experienced. For at least 100,000 years mankind has been pursuing the question, "Who am I?" Or, "Why am I here?" and "What am I doing?" That question has been used by the Church and State to bind people to some standard or another, to some identity or another, to one belief system or another. Consciousness is none of these things. There are only the considerations of Consciousness.

Humanity will be investing in what is admirable and nothing else. Your TRUTH, your ETHICS, your INTEGRITY is what will sustain you through all the changes. Therefore, you must have the courage to create what you wish to experience. You will be able to take advantage of the opportunities. Those people without integrity, will bring upon themselves what their own consciousness is focused on, their own FEAR and their own JUDGEMENT. That's what's going to happen down here - JUDGEMENT DAY. All this boils down to decision time. You can decide to stay on the power train and hunt down the almighty dollar. Or, you can choose integrity.

We have the planetary consciousness with the internet of now being able "to meet the neighbors." And we will as soon as we get over this power trip and get an ethical consciousness. Can you see us going to other galaxies before then? All we would do is "kick butt." No, we're not ready yet.

After decision time, there will be no more "I can't do this," no more control over anybody else. Then and only then can we "meet the neighbors," and they can't get to us either. The whole three dimensional universe is going to be going through this at the same time. Other dimensions have already gone through this. We're separated on purpose through the plan. Technology will go extinct and Spirit will take over. There will be no more sickness, lack, hunger. Consciousness is already creating this. We will be experiencing this. During the Sixth Night, a 360 day period, we will be experiencing BLISS, liberation, and be in a period of experimentation and getting ready for what is to come.

From 2006-2011 there will be a time of healing. It is a time of manifestation, of completion. During the Seventh Day, we won't necessarily be on the planet. We will be able to travel anywhere. We will have entered the Universal cycle. The last 260 days of this 360 day period we are supposed to get up to speed to experience all of infinity with our consciousness. This concept doesn't fit into our brain yet.

Would you like to be out of debt? There will be a different economy where there is only abundance. You will possess the confirmed knowledge that you are Divine. You will be able to demonstrate that everything is possible. There will be the complete absolution of any limit. Currently technology is our ladder to Consciousness. But the internet and television are soon going to be outpaced.

www.paulapeterson.com:80... ... endar.html

My View: If anyone has fear based on the Mayan Calendar's 2012 end date, then deep down inside you probably have that spirituality quest within you. Otherwise, you might debunk the theory of the Long Count end date.

If we are to go to another stage of evolution where thought = manifestation, then there will be absolutely nothing to fear or to worry about.

Here's an example of how fear can equal Hell. Imagine the person who lives in fear of being shot, so he or she constantly carries a gun and is constantly looking over his or her shoulder for someone who might be out to get them. Hypothetically, if thoughts = manifestations, then this person's thoughts will become reality and EVERY time he turns around, there's always somebody trying to shoot him.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

You do realize that you are stating that an asteriod would have the intelligence and physical capability to destroy only the christians of the earth and leave everyone else behind?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join