It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Tosses Whites Out Of Court.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

I personally think that racism is mostly a thing of the past. It exists most prevalently in the older generations that are still alive today.

So I agree with you that it will mostly disappear, I just have hopes that it will be sooner than a few centuries.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I saw on the news today that Judge Arrington did apologize, and admit that the actions he took were wrong. At least he's big enough of a man to publicly admit it.

Everyone makes mistakes no matter how good their intentions might be. It's like the old saying goes:

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is amazing the replys I have seen here about this topic. I wonder how many of you who want to tar and feather the Judge would have done in his place? When you spend day after day seeing young people of your own minority race going down a dead end road. What do you do? It won't be white people only who can end the victim mentality that many blacks and some whites seem to have.
As long as we have this divide we can never truely come together as a country.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
This one sided rasicsm is getting to be old. Incidents like this just keep the racism pot stirred.

I'd like to have a white pride parade (as in being proud of who I am...Not White Power) but guess what it would be considered rasicist. But the Blacks, and Mexicans and Asians can and at no piont is it ever rasicst.

I think there should be a White Music awards show too (you know where only whites get awards) Oh wait thats rasicst.

Why the double standards? Until this ends we will always have a problem.
Ya got that right on the money bud . What makes me so mad is that nobody is hollering at the top of their lungs RACISM ! If that had been a *WHITE* judge that did that , By god we'd have a frigging all out riot on our hands. And good ol' Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Luis Farrakan would be on all the news Hollering for the judges head on a platter ! I say fire the idiot and dont allow him to practice law at all ! !

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

...do a google search, bud. This thread, many articles, and blogs online have had people shouting unfounded claims of racism.

It's quite annoying really. A bunch of people with nothing better to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I would say its more people venting the anger that msm and our politicians don't evenly portray race. If a white does it start a media circus covering it and have everybody at each others throat. If a minority of any other race does it, its fine cause its some kind of affiramtive action. Its time to be fair and balanced and not the fox news way.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Look at how BILL COSBY was treated when he tried to appeal to African-Americans to be better parents, take responsibility for the children they're bringing into the world, and make the effort to raise them with all the improved rights and culture we enjoy today. They verbally attacked him, boycotted his shows... Some people don't want to be told they're not doing something constructive for society. And Bill Cosby was talking to everyone, not just African-Americans.

Constructive criticism, these days, falls on deaf ears. Everyone wants to do what they want, when they want, and they don't want any suggestions on how to live a better life. We've become a ME-ME-ME...WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT IT society ... spoiled, selfish, unyielding.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This one sided rasicsm is getting to be old. Incidents like this just keep the racism pot stirred.

I'd like to have a white pride parade (as in being proud of who I am...Not White Power) but guess what it would be considered rasicist. But the Blacks, and Mexicans and Asians can and at no piont is it ever rasicst.

I think there should be a White Music awards show too (you know where only whites get awards) Oh wait thats rasicst.

Hmmm...I think we have the double standards all over the place, in every aspect of life. And the reason is simply this: to keep you confused, to keep things slightly open so there is no concrete set of rules, because once there is, that's when you realize that you're living inside of a prison...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER

Ya got that right on the money bud . What makes me so mad is that nobody is hollering at the top of their lungs RACISM ! If that had been a *WHITE* judge that did that , By god we'd have a frigging all out riot on our hands. And good ol' Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Luis Farrakan would be on all the news Hollering for the judges head on a platter ! I say fire the idiot and dont allow him to practice law at all ! !

Trying to apply perfect laws to an imperfect situation just doesn't work...The only way it would be fair to compare this to the same situation with a white judge and black prosecutors is if ALL black and white people are switched. That means EVERYONE. That means the white people who originally came over to the Americas are now black. The black slaves they brought over here are now white. The schools teach black history and almost nothing at all about white history, etc, etc, etc. Now look at the white guy who managed to become a judge and watches nothing but white boys day in day out gettin thrown in jail (mainly by black prosecutors)...Am I to understand that if you traded places with this white man you would do nothing???
Oh no, I get it, you would do it the same, you just wouldn't kick the black people out of the courtroom. You would simply address your white brethren right then and there with a speech about how to better themselves and improve their struggle. Meanwhile, the people that would be bad news for, black people, are sitting right there listening to everything you have to say, soaking it in...

Look, I'm not saying I agree with what he did, I'm merely suggesting that you shouldn't simply reverse a white guy and a black guy and ask what would happen then. If you're doing that, I suggest you brush up on the significance of history...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
under the 14th Amendment, this is unequal treatment. Elect Obama and see how much worse it will get. Some interesting references to race relations in www.12-21-2012-a-prophecy.com/

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Can you imagine what would happen if a judge kicked all the blacks out of a courtroom and tried this? Automatically it would be considered racist. More reverse discrimination and you stupid white people keep letting it happen. Why do you keep letting blacks and other races just walk all over you. Quit being a human doormat and stand up for yourselves. Stop being scared of that buzzword "racism" and have a backbone and defend yourselves. Idiots!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ike77

Did you read the thread?

Thanks for being the 50th person to say the exact same thing!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A black judge says he was wrong to evict whites from his courtroom so he could deliver a stern lecture to black defendants, but says he meant no harm.

"I wanted to have a fireside chat," Fulton Superior Court Judge Marvin Arrington said Thursday. "And my grandmother said years ago that if you're going to fuss at black people, you don't need to do it in front of white people."

He added, "I probably made a bad judgment call and I probably won't do it again. It was not ill-intended. My heart was in the right place."

Last Thursday — sentencing day in his courtroom — Arrington asked all white people to leave the room before he lowered the boom on the defendants, telling them that bad behavior in poorer black neighborhoods drags down black advancement.

I don't know some of the things he said this toime are kind of touchy to.

He also apeared on CNN www.cnn.com...

Theres a video of him on the site talking to Anderson Cooper.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well There goes the neighborhood! Norman Rockwells 1950's pictures of the simple life has been destroyed and replaced with this crap. If it had been a White Judge there would be Hate Crime charges against him. The shoe is on the other foot now that we are electing a Black Man as the new President. Just ignore the fact his preacher is an america hating racist. White will be fleeing this country and heading for Europe. Just like it happened in South Africa, the ones left behind were hacked to death in thier bath tubs but you wont see that on CNN. Yea its all slanted, they all have an agenda. BS

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Some people are saying this Judge should lose his job, some debate whether his actions were racist or not.

Is it not clear the Judge did not realize what he had done could consequently have been misinterpreted.
He clearly did not have any intentions to display racism.

Can we simply not forgive rather than entering conflict of the Judge's action?

Forgive and tolerate these kind of things. Try and understand another. =))

[edit on 4-4-2008 by memory_nuke]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
People turning this into such a big deal is ridiculous. As a white male my opinion is that this judge had good intentions. I don't see the problem in wanting to speak to a black community about a black social issue he recognized, and wanted to offer his advice. I think he genuinely wanted to make a change. Race issues are often blown out of proportion 90% of the time, and I think as a society we need to mature and stop getting tangled up on finger pointing like this.

Sure, he could have handled it differently, and I am sure he has learned his lesson. Sure, if this were a white judge asking black people to leave, this would be even more blown up.

But those are external factors for this situation. I highly doubt his actions were racist in nature, or that he even considered this.

I don't think he should lose his job at all. A simple apology for not considering how people would take his actions is good enough for me and he has provided an explanation.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Comsence2075]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This was not a racist action by the judge. The problem is that the judge allowed his emotions to get involved. A judge must and I mean must follow the rules and laws that are set fourth. When a judge decides that he has more power than he really has the justice system fails. He is only allowed to rule on laws and evidence as well as keep order in his courtroom in accordance with rules put in place.

What he should have done was complete the hearing and made his ruling. When that was completed he could of made a statement on his opinion or better yet voiced his opionion outside the courtroom.

It is important that we keep judges from legistlating from the bench, that is why we have congress.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Overblown in my opinion. People make too big of a deal about race and what is racist and not racist.

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, I hate the term 'reverse-racism.' Racism is racism. It's no different if a black is prejudice against white people or if a white person is prejudice against black people. What if it's an asian person who doesn't like whites or blacks? Is that side-racism?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This entire thread is ridiculous. The judge dismissed all of the lawyers in order to speak directly to the defendants. If all the lawyers were white, he had no control over that right? And all of the defendants were black, which he also had no control of.

That would be like walking into a room full of sports fans and wanting to talk about basketball and asking all of those who were only interested in golf to leave.

If you have a problem with his decision, then help the nation to produce more black lawyers. Maybe then it won't seem so racist.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The repetitiveness of this thread. I believe the Judge was right in what he did; he was trying to change the lives of these young people - I think it's clear it's not racially motivated. Though maybe the time and place weren't the greatest, it doesn't seem too serious.
Repeating what another said, where are the victims? Also, the Judge dismissed the lawyers only, if I'm not mistaken. So really just a waste of time arguing about it.

And I can honestly see more racism in this thread than what happened in that courtroom.

Anyway... there are more important issues
Can't we all agree on that ?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by newworldorder]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join