It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Tosses Whites Out Of Court.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

I don't see anything particularly wrong with what he did. It is his courtroom.

No, the courtroom is not his, the courtroom belongs to the people of the United States. Reverse the situation, let a white Judge remove all blacks from the courtroom before addressing them, and see what kind of uproar it would cause. Double standards again.

And I am already hearing the phrase "reverse racism". There is no such thing, Racism is discrimation against someone because of their race/sex/religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theQuest

Thread necro.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71
reply to post by Sublime620

No disrespect to you so I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

The point is that we have a double standard when it comes to other races and religions.The African American community will stick together on such trivial issues just to further their cause.Yet our white community doesn't stick together when it comes to these situations. Maybe we have better things to do than cause mass controversy over such useless areas of life.

This personally doesn't bother me but what does bother me is that if the shoe was on the other foot they would be crying nationally on media and the world would react and side with them.

I think it's time for whites to have protests and marches.Oh, I forgot that would be racist.It's time to make laws that apply to everyone equally.I personally am sick of THE RACE CARD that is played daily like a game of poker.

Sympathy seekers looking for a free ride.What a pathetic way to obtain anything.They should actually be ashamed.

Don't you see how YOU are playing the race card?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I beg to differ.Someone would be offended and if they weren't they would say they were to cause the controversy and get their 15 min of fame.

And I am a victim. I have an Illegal immigrant taking me to court saying he broke his leg working for me. I don't own a business but it took me over a year to resolve this issue.He should of first been dealt with for committing his crime.

I have a sikh indian claiming I punched him and that it's race related.Don't even know this guy but I'm facing up to 15 years for a false claim. I put my faith in the Lord and I'm innocent, but the system is very messed up so what happens if I'm convicted of something I didn't do?

See where I'm going? Because they started the race card game,it has flowed over into every other race manipulating this game and even if proven innocent I still had to waste time and 10's of thousands of dollars defending myself.

All because people like you want to shrug it off.I hope that one day you get to see what it's like from the other side and realize why this has a profound affect on the white race.

Just to clarify things,I don't drink,smoke or use drugs. I'm a husband and father of 3 who works and spends time only with his family. I litteraly associate with no more of my friends because family is all that matters. And I was born and raised in Queens,NY so I have lived in the melting pot and see first hand the effects of reverse discrimination if you will.

Yeah,I'm the victim

Pure and simple, if you're white, and you think YOU'RE the victim, then you need a SERIOUS reality check.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Let's get something straight. This guy is supposed to be a professional.He should know this is controversy and as someone stated before he should've spoken with them in his chambers or in private.

I answered your question I believe in an earlier post. I personally am not outraged.I'm honestly not even offended.

The issue is what it'll always be.RACE. We will NEVER have racial harmony.EVER.Anyone that believes it's possible is blind.I honestly don't have a problem with people. I treat every man according to how he acts. I would like the same in return.If everyone would stop playing race we could get back to treating each individual crime.The way it should be.

Wow! You say one thing, and then say the other! Which is it? Are you offended or not? Do you want to play the race card or not? You spit rhetoric as if you have an unbiased, neutral opinion, but it seems to me that you really are offended, and that you're not tired of playing the race card. You're like a bad driver. Expecting everyone else to act appropriately while you move along however you please.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Sublime620
You say that black people would be mad if a white judge did something similar. Maybe.
You know they would, there's no maybe about it.

A white judge guilty of the same actions would be crucified on the 6 O'clock news and put off the bench. Pointing that out isn't racism, it's simply acknowledging the double standard that's prevalent in our society today.

More importantly, would you? Would you be enraged if a white judge asked black lawyers to leave so that he could explain to everyone that racism towards black was not tolerable?
Yes, I would be enraged. A judge has no right to ask any party to leave the court room based upon their skin color, whether they're white, black, yellow, brown, etc.

Again, let us not forget that the judge did not strictly ask white people to leave the room. He asked the lawyers, which were MOSTLY, BUT NOT ENTIRELY, white to leave so he could speak with the defendants, which were MOSTLY, BUT NOT ENTIRELY, black.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
OK, what if the judge dismissed everyone who didn't listen to rap music from the court room? Or everyone who enjoyed watching Friends? Is that racist too?

It had nothing to do with race. He asked the lawyers to leave, and the defendants to stay. The lawyers happened to be all white, and the defendants happened to be all black. This is a crappy realization for some, but that's how it needs to be seen. Once we accept that massive divide, maybe we can begin to fix that.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Quazga

When someone moves to a postion of judicial authority, yes, they need to forget all race/sex/religion.......

If a judge cannot or will not do so, they need to be removed from the bench.

So what do you we do about all the people in positions of authority who hide their racism, sexism, etc.? All we're gonna do here by bashing this judge is convince people to not do these kind of things publicly. I'd rather know about this kind of thing, and if we consistently call people racist and bash and humiliate them, then they will take this type of activity out of the public forum and do it in private.

I wonder if anyone would have noticed it had he just taken each individual defendant into his chambers and addressed them that way. We probably wouldn't even know about it, even though it really would have been the same thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by ben91069

Kicking out the whites and talking to the blacks only audience sure sends a message about diversity in a court. He sure didn't do a good job. Imagine me kicking out the girls in my classroom because I want to discuss boy stuff with the guys so we can joke and snicker behind the girls' back.

Actually, that is exactly what happens in highschools. Boys are asked to leave while the girls are talked to about their periods etc.

It makes total sense. There was no snickering behind the boys backs. It was simply required to speak to a target audience.

I understand that side of the coin completely, but there is one thing that I do not. Maybe someone here can answer this for me.
I used to enjoy watching some of the talented black comedians on BET. But I gave up on it when it became apparent to me that it was okay for the black comedians to make racist jokes about white people, but can you imagine what would happen if a white comedian stood up on any televised show and made racial jokes?
Why is this acceptable? Why is it allowed? Shouldn't it all end if we are going to advance as a unified nation?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by newgeneric

reply to post by Rasobasi420

Thanks for bringing some sense back into this thread.

reply to post by jameswillard

I can honestly say that I have seen many white comedians make racial jokes. Most of them are the more ballsy comedians.

Lisa Lampanelli
Greg Geraldo
Bill Burr

Lots of the comedians that do Friars' Club Roasts do racial jokes.

BUT, I do know what you mean. Black comedians make a living off of racial jokes. My impression of the typical black comedian is:

"Black people do this like that, and white people do that like this".

It gets old quick. The better black comedians don't do as much racial jokes, and the better white comedians don't mind doing SOME racial jokes.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That's news to me. Every since the desegregation of schools, we were given two very strict rules.
One, Drop the N word if you did use it.
Two. No racial jokes.
I have abided by those rules and thought that most folks had.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jameswillard

Well, those are good rules to abide by, though I don't think they should be taught as rules, but rather the right thing to do.

Comedians on the other hand don't abide by normal rules. Anyway, yeah, the Friars' Club Roast guys can be pretty brutal.

You should look 'em up, they're pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameswillard
That's news to me. Every since the desegregation of schools, we were given two very strict rules.
One, Drop the N word if you did use it.
Two. No racial jokes.
I have abided by those rules and thought that most folks had.

Unfortunately, these rules only apply to those who don't, and can't understand why the N bomb is bad, or why some racist jokes are bad. If someone is too insensitive, culturally inept or bigoted to know what types of jokes are appropriate and which are not, or what times it's ok to use the N bomb and when it's not, it's just a good rule of thumb not to say it at all.

It's like anything really. Children are taught not to swear at all, and that there are no appropriate times to use that type of language, but once someone is mature enough to know when to swear, and when not to, the childish rules disappear.

Some jokes are made at the expense of a particular race, and aren't necessarily as funny as they are demeaning. And it's those jokes that someone who takes pleasure in the degradation of others would enjoy. That type of joke usually has no real substance.

Then there are jokes that play on the irony of a situation, and are genuinely funny. They are not made at anyone's expense, but rather rely on irony or contradictions to make their point. It's a more intelligent humor. But, if you're not capable of making an intelligent joke, it's better to steer clear of the area altogether.

I'll give you an example. A few years ago I lived next to a Kentucky Fried Chicken. I moved there because of the cheap cost of living (because of the constant smell of fried chicken). Now, being black, I could appreciate the jokes that we made, like my house always smelling like fried chicken, or that I moved there for easy access and even the contradiction that living so close to a KFC could make a black man hate fried chicken. Those were genuinely funny (IMO), but not hurtful.

Racism isn't in words, or actions, but in intent.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I don't believe the judge was being racist. I think he had good intentions in mind. when he sees day after day 99% of defendents in his courtroom are black men it has got to finally get to him and he had a 'wtf?" moment. and figured he could just have a black to black chat with the men awaiting judgement and it would have come across as demeaning if the whites were allowed to stay.
It also came across as sincere and heartfelt by it being black on black.

If the judge was mexican or korean and 99% of the defendents were of the judges race it also would not have been racist if those judges decided to do the same thing.

Here is a black prospective on the judge's actions:
threebrothersandasister.blogspot.com...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Fathom]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join