It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arrest anti-war protester, 80, at mall.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
The imprisonment of political dissidents being the next horrific possibility.

God help us all.

Not to derail, but there are people I know now sitting in jail or close to it just for what you say. God help us indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Sorry, ran out of room.
Regardless of what you say, sheeple is a elitist term. you are removing the reasons a person has for their desions and imposing your own opinions on the subject, then applying a label. you then claim to know better than them, and thus making yourself superiior. How exactly is that NOT elitist?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
I, for one, am sending a letter of unsupport for their overreaction and letting them know I won't be spending my shrub money at their establishments which includes the Mall of America and many, many, many others.

Peace

This is the best we can do. As the all mighty dollar is ALL they know. This disgusts me.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I can use medical terms, but that dosent make me a doctor.I could also use a thousand different genres of terms, but it wouldnt mean i belonged to any of those groups of things.
And since when has a few peoples opinions overruled our freedom of expression? Last time i checked it didnt say we were free to express ourselves, as long as it was politically correct and didnt offend a single living person on the planet. Sometimes things need to be a little offensive to make a point.I just cant understand why some people cannot let people live their lives and mind there own damn business.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I would appeal to the police and military on this board to remember the constitution and protect and serve we the people! I have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy ride in the near future.

We are all for it. But remember this is above us...the problem is at the top of the pyramid, not the bottom.

Thanks for telling us what the truth is. Question is...what are YOU going to do about it?

Just lie, cheat, and steal your way into "law enforcement" or will you actually start policing your own?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I live in Commack, new york. I was at the smith haven mall with my girl friend the day this happened,these protestors where, honest to god i saw it with my own eyes harassing people about there views. Driving into the parking lot people driving by with any pro-war/pro-bush /pro-millitary stickers were harassed. Now im not taking sides im just saying what i saw. Any questions about specifics PM me.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Well...because i was simply expressing an opinion...I didnt know expressing opinions made one an elitist.....I guess you learn new things every day...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Thanks for telling us what the truth is. Question is...what are YOU going to do about it?

Just lie, cheat, and steal your way into "law enforcement" or will you actually start policing your own?

Well first off there pal I haven't lied, cheated, or stole anything and HAVE BEEN in Law Enforcement for awhile now. As for my policing my own, that is a whole new thread...the cops did NOTHING wrong here...and if your not smart enough to see that and wanna spout your "I AM THE ONLY TRUE PATRIOT HERE" crap then so be it, but it has nothing to do with us as LEO's. Go protest this mall and ALL private proprty places who squash your ability to say what you want on THEIR land.

Now if you'll kindly pay my morgage, car payments, and feed my family..I'll walk away from my job tomorrow morning...if not...I will do what EVERY person should do...bitch up the chain and tell them to change things. Last time I checked I can't rewrite the laws....

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shameful631

God forbid people "harrasing" others about their views. How bout all you "Christian" and "war mongering" folk harrasing ME about MY views??

[edit on 3/31/2008 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Well first off there pal I haven't lied, cheated, or stole anything and HAVE BEEN in Law Enforcement for awhile now. As for my policing my own, that is a whole new thread...the cops did NOTHING wrong here...and if your not smart enough to see that and wanna spout your "I AM THE ONLY TRUE PATRIOT HERE" crap then so be it, but it has nothing to do with us as LEO's. Go protest this mall and ALL private proprty places who squash your ability to say what you want on THEIR land.

Now if you'll kindly pay my morgage, car payments, and feed my family..I'll walk away from my job tomorrow morning...if not...I will do what EVERY person should do...bitch up the chain and tell them to change things. Last time I checked I can't rewrite the laws....

This is exactly what im saying i saw what he was doing as illegal. Harassment and protesting are two completely different things having seen this man and what he did i agree completely. He deserved to be aressted the law is the law wether you agree with it or not.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

It's fine and good to use doctor's terms in description of a illness or injury. It does not equate to pushing your view of the world and insulting someone you don't know. For all you know the one who complained may have been someone who had a family member die in Iraq, and found the shirt personally offensive. All the guy had to do was aplogize that he took it that way, and turn the shirt inside out. Then he could have continued on his merry way. Thje fact is, no one has learned from this. Instead of coming out as a well balanced, well intentioned individual, the crowd at the mall now thinks of him as some nut.
Using offensive tactics to sway peoples opinions isn't right. Do you think anyone's minds were changed at the mall? The news these days continuously reports how many of our troops have died over seas, it's on the radio when i drive to work. It's more out ther than you realize.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Isn't that exactly what I was talking about when I said "policing your own"? Seriously.

link   

Could you please expand on the illegal activities this man was participating in, besides refusing to leave...?

link   

So when I was at a protest a couple years back, and all these pro-Bush people were flicking us off, cursing at us, running at us yelling, should I have had them arrested by the police for harassment?

Because I saw it as a fair and valid response from an opposing viewpoint that wanted to show their true colors and mentality.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentBob86

Well...because i was simply expressing an opinion...I didnt know expressing opinions made one an elitist.....I guess you learn new things every day...
Yes, but your opinion was stated in a way that directly insults anyone involved who wasn't on the side of the old man. You don't know much aside from the article gives you, yet you are lumping everyone there in a similar category. You don't take into account the possible reasons for the person complaining, or the fact that there was a much easier way for the issue to be resolved without anyone have been arrested or chagred. You are proclaiming yourself better than them, which is the definition of elitism. You asign them a special name, and smirk about it.

link   
Ok this is what i saw him doing.

1Screaming at people not nicely either(Swearing and such)
2.Throwing things at people.(I didnt get close enough to see what it was)
3.Threatening people
4.Degrading our millitary because wether you trust our government/police etc there still doing there best to protect.

Im done posting.

link   

Isn't that exactly what I was talking about when I said "policing your own"? Seriously.

Ummmm NO...policing my own means dirty cops, bad cops, etc.... (examples would be cops who beat suspects, steal, lie, etc..) Policing my own has nothing to do with law writers. We have no ties with them. You actually think ANY cop has the ability, more then you or another citizen, to go make sure laws are changed/not enforced?

Again this is WAAAAAY above your beat cops and chiefs......

link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Exactly. But, if it was us "lefties" doing it, we should be arrested. I don't get it.

link   

I realize that it may of offended people....But whats your point man, its not illegal to offend people. People offend me all the f*cking time....but they never get removed from the gas station...or grocery store...or wal-mart...or, get this, the mall either. Since when has one persons taking offense to something overruled another persons constitution granted right and liberties? Once again, i understand the trespassing, but not the fact that your defending having a persons rights removed because a few people take offense....Is that what you are you saying is normal and OK????

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Oh....i just dont understand why the news wouldnt of reported on him doing that stuff. I wasnt attacking or ridiculing you, i just wanted to know what you saw.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join