It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arrest anti-war protester, 80, at mall.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000

Really...show me this report! You say we need to do research before we post...well where is your research? You have been wrong so far about this whole arrest.

Hey guy,, guess what,, YOU ARE WRONG Ipso facto. This is academic. The person was handing things out, now if you ever owned a store in a Mall they have a sort of storeowners association, a lot like a homeowners association where they have a standard all the other storeowners must abide by. Each store has the right to refuse business to anyone for any reason. In a Mall, you are not allowed to hand out flyers ESPECIALLY if you are not paying overhead which can be as high as $60 a Sq ft. It is Private Property, Got it? Albeit true, their were no posted sign saying every one welcome except (name here) but there are dress codes that maybe vague but it is up to any Store owners discretion to call Mall security and have them ask the person to either change clothes or leave.

If the patron or patrons refuse, after being given the condition, then the property owners have every right to remove him. You can try to sensationalize this story all you want but this is typical in almost all shopping Malls and has been for many years. It is NOT an indication of the Nation going to martial law, it is not a sign of the end times, and if the Majority agrees with you that just tells me the masses are asses. Just because all the birds are flying in the same direction, does not mean it is the RIGHT direction.

Now that person may beat the trespassing if he fights it, but he has no recourse for they way he was treated. The storeowners paying the big bucks to have that kind of foot traffic near their stores, do NOT want someone making people nervous, or offended in anyway. A person, who was not paying to solicit there, was handing out flyers because he knew he could reach many people in a place like a mall.

That is fine, if he wants to do that, he should sign a lease on a Kiosk or something.

Once any representative of the Mall's owners have given the condition, he can either comply or leave.

Finally...do a little more research and you'll come to find out..200 more of his friends were OUTSIDE the mall lot on PUBLIC property protesting and handing stuff out ALL day without any police saying a word....hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting huh!

Not really, but if it was the parking lot then again that is private property and they were lucky. Why it would be so "interesting" to you IS interesting. Please, share with us your *Block Buster* of inside information to add spice to what is really just an ordinary day at a Shopping Mall if you had ever owned a Business in one.

What happened to this man is a symptom of a much larger issue, which is quickly rising to the public awareness of a "police state" which we are in the middle of. Public reaction and police arrogance will bring about a battle which the police will use and when the dust settles- and it will- you and those like you will not only find yourselves in an unemployment line- but on the permanent dole because work histories as a former policeman will likely keep the new breed of employers from hiring you. The we will see who writes "whiny" threads in the future- which will be much brighter after this fascist war is finished.

This man was the sum total of the choices he made commensurate with the consequences he forced those who enforce the law, to make. It is quite simple actually,, Good Cause, Good Effect, Bad Cause,, Bad Effect.

I predict a new breed of "public servants" will arise from the ashes to be trained to serve the public trust and carry out the duty much better and more effectively- thereby keeping the new real peace. I also believe the "police" of today will NOT be eligible for the job.

So where do you get this,, Sylvia Brown?,,

Had the Police NOT done what they did, THEN they are NOT doing there Job. You are not the social conscience of America Son and as much as you like to think that magic 8 ball you are using to tell how the future is going to unfold, who is going to get hired or not,, it is all hyperbole and speculation. You can dress this hum drum story up with as much rhetoric as your monosyllabic diatribe will embellish but that still doesn't make your column's article about the insurrection at the shopping mall have any more credence. You telling me they had more outside fits in with an agenda if you ask me. More like this guy was sking for it because an 85 year old being removed from the Mall by Police will get him some free press in addition to the foot traffic he was taking advantage of to pass out his propaganda.

If this is a symptom of anything, it is of your terminally self-righteous attempt

to make a Mountain,

out of a Mole Hill

- Con

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I do not have the document. It was read on the air live on talk radio. Randi Rhodes has been suspended and her show is canceled until further notice- She called Hillary and Geraldine Ferraro whores- which they are:

youtube.com...

Our 80-year old friend and fellow citizen (I might add) had little or nothing to do with this.

How ever Conspirology- Here is a picture of you among me and my people- You stand out to those of us who can see:

Here are representative pictures (via truthful satire) of your people and how WE SEE you regardless what you say:

It seems pictures is a more effective way to communicate with you because reading and comprehension does not appear to be your peoples strong suit.

And yes I do have written permission by the creator of these images to use them. Still I have not broken any legal laws.

And neither did the little old man. our argument can be made with this illustration which makes every law this man "broke" legal and your noted laws are not:

then you and your people say:

So we go vote and support our candidate and get this:

and this:

Any questions???

[edit on 4-4-2008 by dk3000]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

ROFLMA!!!!!!

WOW,what can I say but WOW,DK you attack like a Phrana that smells blood.Those pics were on another thread here on ATS?LOL!!

[edit on 4/4/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

[I]Originally posted by dk3000[/I]

I do not have the document. It was read on the air live on talk radio. Randi Rhodes has been suspended and her show is canceled until further notice- She called Hillary and Geraldine Ferraro whores- which they are:

I am neither a Hillary nor Ferraro fan and what this has to do with my post is the same as all those cutesy pictures of other people and things having nothing to do with my post. I would not know if they were whores, but I recognise extreme prejudice by immature males who are intimidated by powerful woman when I see it.

I guess stereotyping me into the "type" of guy that just has to have some ideological connection with that other "stuff", adds insult to injury.

I get it you believe pushing the quality of humility over the cliff into humorous humiliation gets the ignorant applause from the clueless peanut gallery, however, Bush has nothing to do with my post and nothing you have said substantiates anything other than your dependence on signs and symbols to aid in your inability to illustrate your point using the written word.

Ignorance is NOT evidence.
and I never use youtube

Our 80-year old friend and fellow citizen (I might add) had been little or nothing to do with this.

Really,?? I am just going by the OP.

How ever Conspirology- Here is a picture of you among me and my people- You stand out to those of us who can see:

You ever consider a charm School kid.

Here are representative pictures (via truthful satire) of your people and how WE SEE you regardless what you say:

Are you ever going to impeach my testimony or should I expect you to start making fun of my mother next?

It seems pictures is a more effective way to communicate with you because reading and comprehension does not appear to be your peoples strong suit.

Neither is your grammar poindexter.

And yes I do have written permission by the creator of these images to use them. Still I have not broken any legal laws.

As presumptuous as that statement is, the fact is,

I didn't ask, nor do I care.

And neither did the little old man. Our line can be made with this illustration which makes every law this man "broke" legal and your noted laws are not:

You realise how oxymoronic that statement is, do you not?

then you and your people say:

So far, all you have proven to me is when you can't discredit my post with anything substantive, you will attache to me, people, events and matters already discredited and unpopular, in one oif the most desperate strawman attempts I have ever seen on ATS.

I am going to save this one to show others, the extremes people go too inlieu of saying they are wrong.

So we go vote and support our candidate and get this:

Again, going off topic asking me to answer for things I have not said may make you re-consider who it is that has problems reading and comprehending things.

This all I need to know.

shopping centre security told him to stop and turn his shirt inside out. Zirkel refused to turn his shirt inside out and wouldn't leave.

Zirkel was charged with criminal trespassing and resisting arrest.

Generally speaking, a shopping centre has the right to control what happens on its property, said John McEntee, a Uniondale commercial litigation barrister.

Trespassing is NOT a government entitlement and when they asked him to comply with a decorum that would not upset others, he refused. I am not saying it couldn't have been handled better. However, he didn't get tazed, thrown to the ground, beaten or had his civil rights violated in anyway according to this. He was lifted into a wheelchair and taken away from the shopping centre he was no longer welcomed at.

Seems to me everything went by the book and the old man was just acting like you have in your post. Since you can't win the debate logically, you use clever little class clown jocularity adding all those pictures. Then mis-representing me and those in the pictures as "my people" along with other things wrong in the pictures but not my post.

Neat trick, if you can't defeat the logic of my post, you post other people whose faults are obvious and add me to them while you intertwine the two premises together. It's typical of Narcisisism, kind of crap they pull. I should have got my first clue watching the cop paint you in a corner, but as you know, narcy's have a tough time admitting when they are wrong.

Your Childish behavior is an insult,

to children everywhere.

Any questions???

None that you are qualified to answer

You'll learn to get better,,

someday.

- Con

This is a good place to start

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

[I]Originally posted by jkrog08[/I]

ROFLMA!!!!!!
lol

,DK you attack like a Phrana that smells blood.Those pics were on another thread here on ATS?LOL!!

[edit on 4/4/2008 by jkrog08]

WOW,what can I say but WOW?

Ironically, that one word "wow", would be saying a hell of a lot more than DK3000 did in his entire post. .

DK you attack like a Phrana

*Yawn*, one mans Pirhana is,,

another mans minnow

- Con

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Here you go. Watch it and weep. I know I did:

www.insiderexclusive.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Ok so you AGAIN post way off topic. This video has NOTHING to do with this thread....thats like 10 posts you submitted that don't even come close to the OP...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

My mistake here you go:

And again:

I think the guy in the last video is around 80 yrs old.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, lo and behold, looks like the charges were finally dropped after all that hooplah. Funny that it would be tossed out after all this time, and after they went to all the trouble of hauling them in...

Charges Dropped Against Mall Activists

Suffolk prosecutors have dropped charges against two peace activists arrested in March for refusing to leave the Smithaven Mall during their silent protest of ther Iraq war.

Don Zirkel, 80, of Bethpage, and Susan McKeon-Steinmann, 63, of Mastic Beach, were in front of First District Court Judge Gaetan Lozito in Central Islip for just a few minutes before a Suffolk prosecutor announced that charges of fourth-degree criminal trespass and obstructing governmental administration would be dropped.

Bob Clifford, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, said the charges were dismissed "in the interest of justice."

Full Story
www.newsday.com...

[edit on 24-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join