It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on 'The View'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The Story Here

OH MAN .. Obama told a whopper on The View. It was taped and will be shown today – Friday. From the clip I saw this morning it appears that the airheads sitting in the audience lapped it up and had no clue that they were being manipulated and lied to (yet again).

This is what Obama said -

"Had the reverend not retired, and had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I believe is the greatness of this country, for all its flaws, then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying at the church,"

Obama continues to defend Wright. So how could he say that he would have left ... but at the same time he defends him. Either the man is so bad that he would have left ... or he is just fine and worthy of defending. WHICH IS IT????

Where has Wright ever acknowledged that what he said was inappropriate? He has never apologized. He has never taken back any of his racial slurs or his damning of America. In fact – he added MORE this week by calling Italians ‘garlic noses’. He has never taken back his support for Hamas either. Oh … they cleaned up the website at that church so it no longer has the Hamas terrorist manifesto on it. And they airbrushed the site so as to appear more white-friendly. But that is not ‘acknowledging inappropriateness’. Not at all.

The Truth is also that Wright’s replacement, Otis Moss III, got off to a start on Easter by defending Wright and thus defending the garbage that Wright said. Moss is cut from the same disgusting cloth that Wright is. So, as far as Obama claiming to want to leave if Wright hadn't, it doesn’t matter that Wright is gone. His replacement is the same and yet Obama still is a member of that ‘church’.

No hope. No change. Just more lies.

Take a look at Wrights 1.6 million dollar retirement home - paid for with donation money.

If someone finds where Wright takes back everything inappropriate that he has said and done (all his racial slurs and his damning of America)- then I will take back my statement that Obama lied about this.

[edit on 3/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Obama diagreed with some of the things Wright had said but stood by him because of the good things Wright has done. A man is more than the controversial things he might say.

Now Obama says he wouldn't have been comfortable with further criticism of the U.S. in church.

I think he has been consistent and reasonable.

What's the problem?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
What's the problem?

ON THE VIEW Obama said that Wright both acknowledged that what he said was wrong and that he apologized for them. This is a flat out lie.

Wright has never said he was wrong.
Wright has never apologized.
Wright continues to spew racist vile (the latest - against Italians)

Obama lied. Again.
No hope. No change.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't know what more to say about this... Obama is looking like a complete Moron to anyony who is paying attention to the situations, and observing it with a critical mind...

This is akin to someome defending Hitler... just ignoring all this hateful rethoric, and just saying, 'Well, look at all the good he did for the economy...'

I would have ALOT more respect for Obama if he would have IMIDEATLY denounced him... but instead he keeps defending him... if only Obama was as smart as Oprah....

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ON THE VIEW Obama said that Wright both acknowledged that what he said was wrong and that he apologized for them.

Did Obama say that Wright publicly apologized and acknowledged that something was wrong? Perhaps he meant in a conversation between the 2 men...

From your link:

Wright has not spoken publicly since the campaign controversy flared up. ...

Obama said Wednesday he has spoken with Wright since making his speech on the controversy in Philadelphia.

It sounds to me as though Obama meant Wright said these things in their private conversation.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
BH .. that's possible.

But the impression he gave was that the guy was sorry. And he isn't.
Obama's people are now even saying so.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said the senator's remarks did not imply that Wright has expressed misgivings about his statements

[edit on 3/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, I don't know what happened. I just don't think it's good to assume Obama is lying about it because we don't everything.

top topics

join