It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone took a UFO photo in HongKong but

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hi all,

Someone took a UFO photo just yesterday in HongKong.
I would like to ask the experientialist about this photo.

Can anyone check the photo please?!

As i know he was using iPhone to take that photo..around 4pm

I have changed it to a negative image...and i found the light is much brighter then anything else.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by roisu]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Interesting photo, where about are those photo being taken? Hong Kong is small but still I cant make out the exact location.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
Interesting photo, where about are those photo being taken? Hong Kong is small but still I cant make out the exact location.

The photo's owner didnt reply anymore info, he/she just trying to let ppl know and want ppl to believe him/her.

So that why i would like to share in Here for more experientialists to check.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
look authentic to me...I mean that is photoshopped and taken from a movie made last year in a plane hanger green sheet that won't ever be released due to infractions of copyrighting...there, just covering some skeptic groungs...

[edit on 18-3-2008 by gmac1000]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Looking just at the color contrasts, the object stands out way over anything else, and the negative images suggest it wasn't hung or anything like that. If it's some kind of other lightsource, it's a powerful one.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Bah, I hate to try to debunk this, but it looks like a moving object, with lights on the front, blurred by the clouds and motion. See the buildings? See how there is a little bit of a "ghost" edge around the buildings?
So I call it as a plane flying in heavy fog. Yes, I know my debunking will be debunked later, but I figure I'll toss this out here. Time for sleep now...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'm gonna go blimp on this one. The shape fits and the black areas on it resembles very much a commercial...

Regarding the light on it. It is not imposible for this object to be lit by the sun just because you see fog in the area below and clouds behind.
Fog can often be a carpet that lies no higher than 50 meters or so. This is especially obvious if you've been standing in a tall building looking down or on a mountain range looking into a valley.
Also, the clouds could easily have offered a hole through which the sun could have shun. It doesn't necessarily have to let light hit the ground or buildings... it's all about "being the right place at the right time" for that object.
You may not have noticed the hole in the clouds, but I can understand that you noticed that object (which I think is a blimp) because of the extreme contrast between it and it's surroundings.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
All I see in this photograph (and boy am I impressed because I thought the Iphone camera was rather poor!) - is an airplane with its landing lights on. (the time of night seems consistent with the use of lights on aircraft too)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I'm gonna go blimp on this one. The shape fits and the black areas on it resembles very much a commercial...

Do what?
Black areas that resemble a commercial?
Are we looking at the same pic?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Wow...
Those windows are almost dirty as mine!

The image was taken at F2.8 With a Jpeg compression level of 8/12.
There is no exposure info nor ISO info but judging from the light quality may have been somewhere in the region of 1/5 - 1/20 seconds. (Pure guess by the way)

All background light in the image is ambient since nothing else is directly illuminated and there are no other indicators of point light sources beyond the one or two windows illuminated in the building opposite.
Also the air quality is rubbish since you cant make out anything beyond about 200 meters.

The image artifact is hightly defined although a tad small.
It shows no real signs of motion blur along any axis.
There are no indicators that i can see to show the artifact is at an angle either away or towards the cameraman.

It appears to be parallel to the plane of the window itself.

Its strong red,green color cast indicates a tungsten light source. (neon would be have a stronger blue case).

If its not a plane heading directly away or towards the building i'd put my money of the reflection of a ceiling sunk tungsten light in the room behind the cameraman.

(then again.... could be something completly different..)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Without confirmation of where the photo was taken, it is total conjecture but i believe that the photograph was taken from one of these buildings here

Clicky
If you zoom out a fraction you will see that it would have been taken at a north/west direction, which is consistent with being inline for a landing aircraft.

Again I would like to stress that I am only basing my "target" on what I can see in the photograph. You can see the same colour buildings as well as design, you can see what seems to be the river/water to the lower left and you can also see the mountain in the background - all visible from google maps if the photo was taken from one of the light grey buildings and pointed in a north/west direction.

*edited for clarification*
*edited to fix the link*

[edit on 18-3-2008 by freakyclown]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Im sure internos will be here with a comprehensive analysis of this image shortly, that should settle it once and for all!

In the meantime, can anyone else make out a kind of very very faint orange beam coming from the middle of the object? I cant figure out if im seeing things or... seeing things.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

In the meantime, can anyone else make out a kind of very very faint orange beam coming from the middle of the object? I cant figure out if im seeing things or... seeing things.

Actually yes, this will be a tiny lens flare.

Lens flares get their unique shapes from the lens of the object taking the photo, having had a very quick google for images taken on an I-phone its fairly conclusive that the lensflare on an iphone will produce a similar effect as the one seen here, which at least goes someway to proving that at least it was taken on an apple i-phone (or very similar optics at least)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
All I see in this photograph (and boy am I impressed because I thought the Iphone camera was rather poor!) - is an airplane with its landing lights on. (the time of night seems consistent with the use of lights on aircraft too)
I have to agree with this hypothesis, I've seen hundreds of planes coming in for a landing in almost every weather type known, and Never have I seen landing lights that look like that. Sorry for being sarcastic, but come on. Lights along the eintire leading edge of the wings? Where are you internos?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I disagree that this is a plane. I can't remember ever seeing a plane with lights in that kind of configuration.

I sometimes think the debunking pendulum has swung a little to far in the opposite direction. It's starting to get ridiculous. Sort of like the military claiming to lose a bunch of fighter planes and then suddenly realizing they found them in the vicinity of a huge UFO sighting.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
please remember the image you are seeing is not what the naked eye would see, it is a 2megapixel phone camera that almost every review has slated for its poor performance especially under low light conditions.

As I also stated earlier the apple iphone lens flare will also cover over some detail as the flare spreads out from the light source, then add onto that compression of the original image onto the phone and no doubt re-compression from putting hte file up on the internet.

*edit*
I have just updated the google maps link from earlier so that it works now

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
I disagree that this is a plane. I can't remember ever seeing a plane with lights in that kind of configuration.

what like this?

one on the end of each wingtip and one in the middle?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
looks like a chevy impala pointing to the left lol just flattened a smig....

I dunno, the rest of the photograph looks dark an foggy, but that point looks bright and clear and sharp.

the negitive makes it look 3 parts.....

"it was Mr. Potatoe head in the Study with a Twix......~!"

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's a plane!

Everyone in Hong kong has a phone/camera on them at all times. If it was a UFO more than one poster would be putting it online.

If someone can blow up the 3 chinese characters (in black) on the middle building in the op's first pic I'll get the wife to find it, then you can overlay flight paths and Roberts your fathers brother.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

But Freaky, those aren't dots of light. They're bars of light.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join