It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo's over pentagon 1949

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
To those few that are trying to derail the thread, please cease and desist. This is not a book review thread.

I am hoping that the OP will be in contact with someone here, either directly to our photo expert or by returning to this thread. Best of all, I hope for both.

I realize that many people are jaded by the hoaxes we encounter, but if this photo can be proved to have not been tampered with, and shows real airborne objects that cannot be ruled birds, then the whole UFO community should be very interested.

This makes one wonder just how many photos in old family albums might have something unidentified in them. There might be a small treasure trove of pictures out there. Many might have never even been noticed as they were considered "blotches" in the background at the time.

Maybe we all ought to go through the old family photo albums the next time we're at Grandma's and take a close look.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I too have expierenced the same flaws when enlarging the photo. I have requested the high res pic and hope it gets here soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
While we're waiting for examination of the slide image I'd like to comment on the trailing vortices seen in this photo.
On a clear day, trailing vortices are sometimes seen emanating from the wingtips of aircraft. Trailing wingtip vortexes become visible when the air has a high humidity. The velocities inside the vortex can be very high, and the pressure is therefore low. Water vapor in the air condenses as water droplets, and the droplets mark the presence of the vortex.

Two of the objects in this photo exhibit trailing vortices. The object in the center of the photo shows a faint image of a swooping vortex trailing behind. While the object at the far right exhibits a clear vortice that actually disappears behind a section of cloud and then reappears. Quite a nice detail if the picture was indeed “doctored”.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm definitely no expert but in the first picture there is definitely compression artifacts surrounding the ufos. However in the second higher resolution picture the artifacts are not present. That being said it would be relatively easy to add the ufos digitally and hide most if not all tell tale clues.

This thread is basically dead until the original slides are studied. If for instance the camera had some sort of malfunction or error it may appear in additional slides. It would also lend more credibility to the slides if they could some how be verified to come from the supposed time frame. If theses slides are as old as they are said to be then the odds of tampering or modification would be substantially reduced.

In any case I find the higher resolution picture to be quite intriguing and I have been watching this thread closely. Pictures of this time frame are incredible finds let alone pictures containing possible ufos.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

1949 is when we blew up our first Nuclear bomb, I think this is when the ET decided to start communicating with us as we reached a high but deadly intellectual level. I think they've been here for a long, long time. Maybe even engineered us, which can explain the missing link between the first apes and humans. Either they are fearful of what we may be capable with our violent nature to the rest of the galaxies and life forms, or that we're at a level of intellectual capacity where contact can be made to start the next evolution.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

is history no longer taught in schools ?

first A-bomb 1945

first H-bomb 1952

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
1949 is when we blew up our first Nuclear bomb,

I hope that "1949" is a typo. If not...how could you not be aware of the atomic bombs detonated in 1945?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

My bad, after the A-bomb is what I meant!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

It's got to be my fave book of all time It's my bible hehehe

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

it IS my favorite book of all time. all bibles suck though. it has great philosophical ideas in the book that are very MUCHO inspiring.
nic sand worm pic. i'll spike that dude and ride it to the stich

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by freighttrain

is history no longer taught in schools ?

first A-bomb 1945

first H-bomb 1952

No! it really isnt . Histroy i written by the winners ergo its Lies packed nicely in an Union Jack (Yes , they are still the rulers of your country )

To the point
this photo does look anything but real
I spend some time on it and the pixels are all out and without beeing a expert EVERYONE can see it
Just zoom in !
Another hoax i guess !

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Any sign of the originals yet? I hope they come through as you don't often get a chance at analysing pictures from this era.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

jritzmann...

What's the status? (multiple choice)

a) You have not been contacted by the owner of the photograph
b) You have been contacted, but have no additional information
c) You have been contacted, received additonal information, and are researching.
d) Through research, you have found evidence to support either a common occurence, photo manipulation, something that appears to be airborne, or insufficient evidence.
e) other

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

i do believe that jritzman has taken a temporary sabatical from ats, i hope not forever.
whenever he is ready, and willing to give his findings then i am sure he will grace us with the knowledge.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Excellent thread, let's hope some testing does get done on the original slides (or copies, as Jeff requested).

As far as Jeff's analysis is concerned, I have the utmost confidence that if he was sent the slide it's on his to-do list. In the meantime, perhaps Internos (or anyone at ATS with similar experience) could suggest some alternate image analysts for the ATS crew in general to approach in Jeff's absence.

I remember from a previous thread that David Biedny is also on hiatus. I'm simply still to new here to give a recommendation of my own.

As it is, if Mr. Ricketts would like to provide a copy of the slide for posterity, I'm certain (from Springer's involvement in this thread) that there is interest in keeping a good copy of the original slide here in the ATS archives until such time that a qualified image analyst could be retained for analysis of the image. (Sorry Springer if I'm speaking out of turn)

I really wanted to say though 2 things:
1) Thank you to Internos (once again) for keeping the 'back-story' behind this photo in context here with the picture itself.
2) Fremen-Blue-Eyes, congrats not only on digging up such a remarkable picture for this thread, but also for going that extra mile to enlist the aid of Mr. Ricketts. Welcome to my friends list, researcher! I look forward to more of your threads to come.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
what amazes me is that the ufos appeared over the pentagon during a 4th of july celebration. don't you think there would have been other witnesses?
Yes. the triangle formation is key. and it is weird that there appears to be a 4th craft of tho the right. i thought it was a flag at first but it is not.
HAHA!!! maybe it was taking shirley mclaine up to the mother ship to perform uhh..... special maneuvers. ok that was low... but funny!!!!!

Back then Arlington was not that populated, nor were there any of the big fireworks celebrations that you see there these days. Most of the 4th of July shindigs were local parades and maybe some sparklers & fountains at local picnics.

The photo looks legit to me with a couple of small exceptions (and I'm no photography expert by any means) Why is the ground blurred, yet the edges of the building are pretty sharp? If the vehicle was moving, and fast film was used (again I know nothing of the camera used, nor the ISO speed of the film available at that time) then wouldn't the foreground also be fairly sharp?

Just asking.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
As per Jeff's update on the status quo here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The slide was never sent on to him.

If the OP is still out there can you let us know if you are still there and still intend to forward it on? Otherwise I fear this one is at a dead end.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
well, i am the op, but i am not in possesion of the slide or i would send it to him. the possesor of the slide is robby rickets and his e-mail is posted in the thread. i have tried all i can to have him send it to jeff. if you think you will have more success then please, email robby and let him know your frustration. its out of my hands.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
reply to post by beastamerica

The images blown up on here like the one from beastamerica seem to also have been blurred out further because the images I saw when I blew the photo up ( with even a simple paint program) showed incredible distortion around the images. Predominately the ufo's.....actually ONLY the ufo's everything else in the photos seem to be seamless. This photo (IMHO of doing lot's of graphics work for webpages) can only lead me to one conclusion,...this is unequivocally and categorically a fake. You can even simply blow it up in the default 'Windows' image viewer and see the distortion. It just seems odd, that everything is seamless in the photo except the "anomalies" in question. I'm sorry, but this isn't even a decent fake. I believe there is something weird out there. What is in the skies is invariably ostensible, however, I don't know if it's a product of government imagination brought to fruition or if, indeed, we have reverse engineered gravity distorting, reality embellishing craft from outside of our solar system/parallel universe. I know something is flying in our skies ....I have seen them. I do know one thing, THIS is not an event that we should even be discussing. What are those skittles? They are orange.......if these things rely on stealth these particular craft are about as stealth as a stumped toe. The might be overlooked in candyland or something, but this photo is undeniably faked.

I would like to submit to the ATS forum... my suspicions that Phenomium is a disinformation agent.

First off he has been a member of ATS since May 6, 2004. During that time he has written only TWO threads, posted only TEN times.

The two threads which he authored were complete rubbish with grammatical and spelling errors. Here is an example from one of his threads...

Originally posted by Phenomium
We can kill bugs and all here on earth......we are aliens here, true, yet so are mexicans crossing the border! We are discussing not interplanetary entities but that of an extraplanetary nature. If you believe and I belive they are here..........then we can both agree they aren't like us (as we kill the bugs here), and all they seem to do is anally prob us and give us bad dreams, lol.
Gotta admit, thats still a step ahead of us...............cause Ill kill a bug without thinking about it, they dont seem to wanna kill us. Also, if they are of a higher intellect..................then they will know that war begats war...........and pride is the downfall of every inheritant of it!

I ask you to compare the writing styles of the post in this topic forum about the 1949 ufos with his rant in his authored thread. In the 1949 ufo post he is grammatically correct and his spelling is flawless. In fact his words seem carefully written as if it were a speech put together for maximum impact.

I surmise that a disinfo agent would set up an ATS account, write a couple cheap threads to get going and then lurk and watch and report the goings on here on ATS. I know there are plenty of these guys here on ATS, some are better than others at hiding their agenda.

My gut tells me this photo has merit. As stated.... the photo seems to be focused on the flying objects and not the pentagon itself.

I worry that disinfo agents have been monitoring ATS and got spooked, if you will forgive the pun, when this real evidence came out. I worry that the man who took the photo, and the one with the original slide have been erased.

[edit on (4/4/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

well, this guy could be a disinfo agent but, i can assure you, because i am in personal contact with the owner of the original slide, that he has not been erased.
that claim is bull hockey. he is alive and well.
i know this as a fact.
geez. i'm really sick of all this hubub. his name is robert ricketts and he is a teenage boyy, a boy scout. please do not claim conspiracy around him. he just came into possession of a unique slide through family relations, that is all.

[edit on C
20082008-04-04T01:53:35-05:00u04America/Chicago4 by FremenBlueEyes]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join