It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US navy takes aim at dangerous rogue satellite heading for Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

US navy takes aim at danegerous rogue satellite heading for Australia

www.news.com.au

THE US navy will reportedly attempt to shoot down on Thursday (Friday AEDT) a free-falling hazardous spy satellite that threatens to hit Australia.

Australia and a handful of other nations have been alerted by the US to be on standby for falling debris from the highly classified satellite, because there is a minute possibility of the strike misfiring and debris falling on land rather than water.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2008 by the titor experience]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am aware a thread has already been started on this topic, however this updated news i think deserves its own thread.

With Russia calling it an attempt to push the arms race into space, one has to wonder where we are headed in terms of potential conflicts between nation states. Also, just what is this baby carrying which makes it so dangerous?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2008 by the titor experience]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
well, its the first time ive heard australia mentioned....

thanks yanks!
of all the time in the world too shoot it, you wait until its at the SOUTHERN hemisphere...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is a thread already yes.

Also, thank you for bringing to my attention the perceived landing area of the satellite.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
OMG hit Australia?

I just posted on the other thread regarding this. Cos last night, I dreamt that a big metal thing was falling out of the sky. It was on fire. It landed near where I live!!!!!

LOL

I thought it may already have been shot down! But, now just read this!!

farout...

oh edit cos I am a bit worried now cos in my dream I saw the metal and it was on fire. But, it was still a big peice of metal. So... perhaps the debri will still be a concern!!!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
OMG hit Australia?

I just posted on the other thread regarding this. Cos last night, I dreamt that a big metal thing was falling out of the sky. It was on fire. It landed near where I live!!!!!

LOL

I thought it may already have been shot down! But, now just read this!!

farout...

Not sure how seriously you take this stuff, but have you ever experienced a dream such as the one you had last night emerge into reality? In other words, have any of your dreams ever been premonitions?

This opens up a whole heap of questions if it has - more specifically the issue of pre-cognition which my life has only recently been open up to. Would like to know more if you are willing to share.

KTK

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Before they decided to throw a misile at it wasnt it expected to hit America?

Really, they sent it up and it should fall back on them.....

And they wonder why the world hates them.......

They wouldnt have contact the feds and NSW police here if they didnt think it would hit us.

Allies my arse..............Im starting to understand this anti American(government) thing now

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
THE OTHER THREAD
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh I am just discussing some of my issues in BTS.

Thread

Anyway, now I am worried. Nearby = Australia...

wow

All I can say is I hope this spy satelite is just a satelite and doesn't have any really dangerous stuff in it!!

KTK

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There are many doom and gloom scenarios floating around the net with this.

Most theories do say that there is some sort of radio active compounds on board.

Im just taking it as the usual net doom and gloom scenarios, just like the asteroid that was suppose to kill us all a couple weeks ago.

Though in saying that there is something not right about this whole scenario, not even other countries are trusting what the US has to say about it all.

Its a bit rude to take out one of the better countries in the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
oh nevermind, got the info I needed from the article.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Your kidding Thurisaz?, I had the same exact dream last night. No joke! I was in my driveway looking towards the North and saw a burning streak going across the sky and everyone was saying it was the satellite. I was sick about it...Hope it doesn't come true...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

According to the article it will be this Thursday 19 Feb 2008 or Friday 20 Feb 2008 (AEDT).

You should be ok, assuming of course this is just a precaution and the satellite is not carrying a nasty secret which is going to destroy part of my homeland. Sounds dramatic, but you never know.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76

Your kidding Thurisaz?, I had the same exact dream last night. No joke! I was in my driveway looking towards the North and saw a burning streak going across the sky and everyone was saying it was the satellite. I was sick about it...Hope it doesn't come true...

Ok now this is getting rather amazing.

The same dream, two people, in different countries, on the same night?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

No absolutely not joking. I dreamt it. Saw the metal on fire, saw that it was burning up but not completely burnt cos I could still see the metal.

I looked up at the sky and saw it, went into my house to get away from it.

Then I read the other thread today and asked had it fallen or been shot down yet, then to read this thread...

so, yes bit frightening. I am in South Australia. Right on the beach, they reckon they are trying to get it to land in water, but may hit land...

ho hum

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

"There is no suggestion at this stage that the satellite will land in Australia, but it is too early to predict where it might come down if the US is not successful in destroying it in space...

Pulled from same source.

Is anyone in Australia seeing this reported on the news there ?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

Thanks for your reply, and I don't know why or how but my entire post got deleted when I edited to say I got the info from your article.

Guess I am letting my paranoia get the best of me lol

I do hope this thing comes to pass without any devastating consequences.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Well thats a relief !! South Aus?.......... Hope it wasnt flying too far overhead in your dreams........ might land here on the east coast....... OR maybe....it might be about to bite Pine Gap on the arse lol

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sorry, The titor experience, but as you pointed out in your OP yourself, there is already another thread on this (two, in fact), and we can't have many discussions for a single topic strewn around the boards. Multiple threads have been closed down all dealing with updated news stories on the satellite, so it stands to reason that an exception shouldn't be made for this thread.

Original thread: Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit
Thread that deals with cover-up accusation: Russia: US Satellite Shot a Weapons Test

Closed.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

[

Is anyone in Australia seeing this reported on the news there ?

Check theses

www.smh.com.au...

www.news.com.au...

www.statesman.com...

Are we having fun yet?????

What did us Aussies ever do to deserve this ............ and who's cleaning up the mess????

Mungo

new topics

top topics

join