It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read Necromonicon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is to do with Satan.

From the majority of my readings, Masons worship Satan.

I didn't know Satan had a rapture! ?
The Unsacred Texts of The Koton

I have just read the Satanic Bible too, what a load of crock!
Honestly, I found it so boring.

In contrast to the Biblical Cannon, it falls way short. Perhaps that is the little black book mentioned in Revelation?

Either way, it is little and rather dull/predictable.

Just interested in other members feedback regarding this book.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have read the Necronomicon, the Unholy book, or whatever you might call it...

Alot of people well tell you it is BS, and just a fantasy book written by lovecraft, but then again look at the bible, to many it is a fantasy book too...

it is however, what u make of it when you read it, all power lies in your mind, and what you choose to really believe, the book did effect me in a very dark way, so far that I had the sigil on the front of the book tattoo'd onto my upper wrist...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Honestly, I found it so boring.

It is indeed a joke. I knew a 'satanist' (not sure that is the appropriate term) who said the same thing about the Satanic Bible. He happened to be into the Necromonicon and thought it was the real thing.

I suppose at the end of the day it is the mental state/belief of the individual that matters.
The mind is an interesting place (playground so to speak) and there is so much we still do not know about it.

The Necromonicon probably provides a better read than the satanic Bible - there are many post on here about it, or on the net...may be of interest to you.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
And btw, the satanic bible is not the "satanic" bible, it was written by lavey in his own personal views of what satanism is to be, personally i think he is a twat, but did find his book a good read...

The demonic bible is a much better read tho, not the published one though, they revised it too much, if you can come across the original text one on the internet your in for a good read...

www.spiritualsatanist.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke

it is however, what u make of it when you read it, all power lies in your mind, and what you choose to really believe,...

Yep, thats pretty much it.

Like your signature...reminds me of what Eckhart Tolle said: "Egos may be clever but they are not intelligent."

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don’t know if you have checked this site.
www.epberglund.com...
There you find some kind of biography about the suppose ABDUL ALHAZRED.
You know who this guy is!

kacou

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Thanks, I actually found that "saying" on a warhammer 3000 pc game, believe it or not, and i just really liked it...

anyways, all this talk about which books are the best and what books should be read to learn magick or summon demons and all that are essentially a bunch a crap, books are made to sell, so the writer can make some money, if there really, and i mean really was a book out there that taught you all the secrets of life and mind and to becoem a powerful sorcerer, you are NOT goign to find it on e-bay for $14.99, can tell you that much..

The only good i have found any of these books to be is for broadening my own mind with possibilities, and at least in a way shows you that your mind is the most powerful tool, beyond that it's all just mumbo jumbo, buying the satanic bible or the necronomicon is as good as going out to buy the book " the power of the mind" the most essential and important thing both books will teach you, or at least point to, is the power of your directed thoughts...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Necronomicon is not a satanic bible at all, but still I wouldn't want to try out any of those summonings. But it's not about evil if you actually read it and the history of which it speaks of. It fits in pretty well with the ancient summerian texts, suggesting that the author obviously had been reading alot of summerian mythology.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I thought it only existed in the "Army of Darkness" movies until a friend of mine had a copy of it when I was living in Japan. I leafed through it and it was creepy that's for sure. Not sure if it is fake or not, but like one of the above posters mentioned, I wouldn't want to try any of the summonings.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That's patently untrue.

In order to become a Mason, one must believe in God.

Depending on which story you believe, Satan isn't a god, or he's a demon, or he's Lucifer and a fallen angel, or he's something else. In all cases, however, he's never a god.

Therefore, it is impossible to worship satan and be a Mason.

And yes, I've read the Necronomicon. I purchased it from the fiction section of the bookstore.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

In order to become a Mason one must believe in a Supreme Being. Not necessarily "God" in the Judeo/Christian sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have read it as well and found it rather amusing. I believe that we, to some capacity create our own realities. Kind of like you are what you eat, well you are what you believe.
To some degree

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Exactly, they say god, but they don't say what god do they, if they said all masons must believe in the lord jesus christ, the son of god, then yes, perhaps i would have believed it, cause i remember reading something that anyone may claim that they are god or they worship god, then not to believe them cause they are false, and only to believe them if they outright say that it is jesus christ the son of god who they believe in..or sumthin liek that i dunno

masons probably do worship lucifer, not satan, but lucifer...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I've certainly never heard of any Masons "worshiping Satan".

Honestly, I found it so boring....Just interested in other members feedback regarding this book.

I'm confused; you titled this thread after the Necronomicon, but didn't even mention it in your post. So are you talking anout the Necronomicon or the Satanic Bible?

The Necromonicon is an imaginary book invented by horror writer H.P. Lovecraft. The Satanic Bible is a collection of essays written by Anton LaVey. They are two different things.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

The necronomicon is not a "fantasy" book it was written by Abduk Alhazred, a very very long time ago, and he was one badass occultist who dig black magick, a very very long time ago, you should look into it and maybe learn something about where the real necronomicon came from....most certainly not hp lovecraft

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
hp lovecraft wrote a book, on paper, with ink, derived from ancient lore, to make money, yes, the original necronomicon, the book of dead names was written on the skin of human beings

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
The necronomicon is not a "fantasy" book it was written by Abduk Alhazred, a very very long time ago, and he was one badass occultist who dig black magick, a very very long time ago, you should look into it and maybe learn something about where the real necronomicon came from....most certainly not hp lovecraft

Abdul Alhazred, the "Mad Arab" and author of the Necronomicon, was not a real person. He was a fictional character invented by H.P. Lovecraft.

Since the 1970's, several bogus "Necronomicons" have been published. All were written in the last 30 or so years, long after Lovecraft died.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

Yes you right:
It supposed to have been translated by Dr. John Dee.
But some of the transcripts are so rare and also in very bad condition.

kacou

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i can't believe how many people in this thread are claiming that they have read an imaginary book

there have been books written about the fictional necronomicon and some that even called their book(s) 'the necronomicon' (eg the artist h r giger published a collection of his art under that title which enabled him to be employed by ridley scott as the designer of the alien from the alien films) but there never was a real book - the 'real' necronomicon only exists in your imagination and that of the authors that keep its myth alive!

things must be getting pretty bad when people can't distinguish fantasy from fact.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by justyc]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Ok, so i am then going to tell you that jesus was just invented by whoever decided to write the bible, there are theories proving otherwise, ancient texts found in Mecca and Egypt written by Abduk Alhazred

www.epberglund.com...

I am not in the mood for trying to prove or disprove anything, then we might as well start going into the whole bible theory as well and it all just gets pretty boring after that doesnt it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join