It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read Necromonicon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke

Ok, so i am then going to tell you that jesus was just invented by whoever decided to write the bible, there are theories proving otherwise, ancient texts found in Mecca and Egypt written by Abduk Alhazred

Comparing the Bible to the Necronomicon is comparing apples with oranges. There have never been any texts anywhere written by Abdul Alhazred in real life.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Each to his own, i am not claiming to have read the original Necronomicon book, but I have met with people of questionable character all over the world who pride themselves on dark things, and I have been shown texts said to come direct from the necronomicon, and i can tell you that it is very real for me, what you think you are free to think

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

There have been text written by him, it's called the necronomicon

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmmeat

In order to become a Mason, one must believe in God.

Depending on which story you believe, Satan isn't a god,

What if you believe you are god - of for that matter satan is?
Just curious as to what God you must believe in or what defines it as God and approves who this God is or isnt. (things arent really straightforward it would seem)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i can't believe how many people in this thread are claiming that they have read an imaginary book

I also had an imaginary beer and an Imaginary slice of pizza as I read it.

things must be getting pretty bad when people can't distinguish fantasy from fact.

I agree

The book is real, I assure you I have read it.

If your are trying to imply that its contents are not real, that is another story. Please be very clear with your claims as they may be miscontrued.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Just curious as to what God you must believe in or what defines it as God and approves who this God is or isnt. (things arent really straightforward it would seem)

True, but Masonry's qualification is belief in a "Supreme Being". If one, for whatever reason, considers himself a god, this would not meet the qualifications for membership in a Masonic Lodge because he is not "supreme" over nature and it's laws, but is simply the product of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

There are several different books in print calling themselves "Necronomicon". They are all hoaxes.

The Necronomicon was invented by horror writer H.P. Lovecraft in the 1920's, and reference to it is found in his various stories. Since the 1970's, in order to capitalize on the popularity of Lovecraft's work, several people have written "Necronomicons" to cash in on Lovecraft's fame.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If your are trying to imply that its contents are not real, that is another story. Please be very clear with your claims as they may be miscontrued.

if you must quote me then please add the rest of what i said...

Originally posted by justyc
there have been books written about the fictional necronomicon and some that even called their book(s) 'the necronomicon' (eg the artist h r giger published a collection of his art under that title which enabled him to be employed by ridley scott as the designer of the alien from the alien films) but there never was a real book - the 'real' necronomicon only exists in your imagination and that of the authors that keep its myth alive!

i'm quite aware that there are many other books pretending to be or just about 'THE necronomicon' but my point is there never was an original because it was a fictional book mentioned in several other fictional books. even lovecraft said he made it all up because he couldn't believe how many people took him seriously!

take your pick of necronomicons here

personally i would recommend the h r giger book (which i used to own till it was stolen
) because i know the pictures in it are real

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
There are several different books in print calling themselves "Necronomicon". They are all hoaxes.

I am not disputing that, but last time I checked, Hoax and imagination are two different things. Semantics plays a large role here at ATS, we hold the value of the word to it's actual meaning. Classifying something as imaginary that is actually either fictional or a Hoax is incorrect.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Then you should seek help from a member of the mental health community.

Meh.

Things are always pretty straightforward. Masonry requires a belief in God - a Supreme Being.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
reply to post by Masonic Light

There have been text written by him, it's called the necronomicon

Could I interest you in a bridge linking a large metropolitian across a river to a huge populated area. Imagine the winfall on tolls you alone could charge.
just send me $50 bucks, and I'll send you the signed title.

After-all you seem like such an open-minded individual!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I am not disputing that, but last time I checked, Hoax and imagination are two different things.

True. The original Necronomicon was imagination, something Lovecraft came up with to make his stories more creepy.

But when "Simon" published the first Necronomicon, and falsely claimed in the introduction that it was a translation from Alhazred that really existed, it became hoax.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

quoted directly from the Masonic Bible under the heading "Masonic Belief"...

"There is one God, the Father of all men.
The Holy Bible is the Great Light in Masonry, and the Rule and Guide for faith and practice.
Man is immortal.
Character determines destiny.
Love of man is, next to love of God, man's first duty.
Prayer, communion of man with God, is helpful."

It goes on but I was getting uncomfortable quoting too much...don't want any Mason's chasing after me. This isn't mean to be an arguement for Masonry by any attempt however I find it hard to twist their reference to God as anything other than....the God.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Lovecraft was often asked about the veracity of the Necronomicon, and always answered that it was completely his invention. In a letter to Willis Conover, Lovecraft elaborated upon his typical answer:

Now about the “terrible and forbidden books” — I am forced to say that most of them are purely imaginary. There never was any Abdul Alhazred or Necronomicon, for I invented these names myself. Robert Bloch devised the idea of Ludvig Prinn and his De Vermis Mysteriis, while the Book of Eibon is an invention of Clark Ashton Smith's. Robert E. Howard is responsible for Friedrich von Junzt and his Unaussprechlichen Kulten.... As for seriously-written books on dark, occult, and supernatural themes — in all truth they don’t amount to much. That is why it’s more fun to invent mythical works like the Necronomicon and Book of Eibon.

How Lovecraft conceived the name "Necronomicon" is not clear — Lovecraft said that the title came to him in a dream.

However:
It is my opinion that the Necronomicon "Book of Dead Names" aka The Al Azif (an Arabic word that Lovecraft defined as "that nocturnal sound (made by insects) supposed to be the howling of demons".) actually did exist, in some form or another. The true "meat" of the text, and the theories of the Inter-dimensional beings that riddle it's pages cannot be dismissed, especially
by those "in the know", practitioners of such dark antidiluvian rites. At an early age I started studying the occult, and have researched into everything from the egyptian book of the dead to crowley and The Al Azif. I have myself
done rituals and dark rites from the Al Azif, and can say there is an accurate
working there. However, as anyone knows these are but tools, it is the Intent, and the mind which drives it that causes things to occur and interact with these beings. It is my opinion that Lovecraft studied many, many occult texts, and was privy to things that we would be hard pressed to be privy to today. Now, I would have to say that the "spirit" of the Necronomicon does indeed exist, there is something to it. It exudes a strange "otherness" and a hazy malignancy that is palpable. Whether or not a book ever existed called the necronomicon written by someone named Abdul Alhazred remains to be seen. It seems to me it is all based on some reality, and if nothing else has gained power and essence over the years as does anything given and fed energy by masses of people often does.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ok ive read most of the posts and i am still confused as to whether the book is real or not, also for those who have said to have read the actual copy, can you write what you remember (or u2u it to me if it is not appropriate for the thread)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have read all of the above, I think it really depends how a person defines the word demon? As to decide if the books are real or not. The only other input I really have to add is, that most grimoirs are built upon the greater and lesser keys of solomon. My opinion if there are two books worth checking it those two.

Best Regards,
Trust Nobody

[edit on 18-2-2008 by trustnobody]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenflt

I agree totally. Neocromicon may be Fiction for storyline: however, most true occultists, as well as occult historians see in the sigals, symbolism, and manner of speaking written in the book as potentially very powerful, and for the unitiated to the Craft and uninformed can be very dangerous to a person. Those educated people who can see through the senstationalised bull# and sort fact from fiction can read beneath the lines.
Summoning forces that open a vortex of sort without the proper formalities and protections in place beforehands is very unwise as it Will affect your outer world and internal mindset. Levay knew what he was doing in leaving certain warnings OUT of the Satinic Bible. For one: Lucifer and Satan are not the Same Creature. Though pissed off at God and Man... Lucifer is more nuetral than most people realize, but his forces will serve equally the forces of good and evil. Satan is shear evil, and his other legions of minions. Do not go where Angels dare not tread.
Many a dabbler in the Occult has ruined their lives and others when beign forces whittled away at them and consumed them. Adolf Hitler, and many a psychopath, neurotic sociopath/psychotic personalities have dabbled with diabolic forces/in places they should not have. Who really wants demonic energies surrounding one's aura or inside the fabric of their body? The brain is physical, it affects the mind.
WORDS OF WARNING to those reading the Satanic bible. The Enochian Words it contains are the Angelic Language.
As a human, a reflection and representative expression of the Mind and consciousness of THE Creator on earth, as Mankind is a co-creator as well .... the vibrations of your words ARE heeded by Archangelic, Angelic, nature spirits, (elementals), ascended beings/masters etc, as well as benign forces under the hierAnarchy of Satan, Samael, Bezulbub, Ashtoroth and every demonic entity of every Astrological houses in the known uniververse. Do not dismiss this as bull#.....Make sure you really know what in God's name you are doing before Thou commense chanting the Enochian Language.
The Enochian language is to be be spoken with reverence and understanding the linguistics is paramount. Simply stated... just do NOT recite it, chant it, speak it, ditto???
"Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you!" can go both ways.
Always remember to be careful what you wish or pray for. as well as the saying "What comes around goes around"
In peace I close with the words... Kadoish! Kadoish! Kadoish! Adonai Tsabayoth! Yeheshua ho Christus!
For a better life and world... may we individually and collectively rather live in peace with others and may our WORDS and actions invite the sacred magick of Love, Light and Life into our inner/outer relationships. Maybe we can try a mindset and thought patterning in unity with the One true source of the Creator on Earth!!! Invoke Love! Ever hear of it???Humanities emotional and mental well-being depends on it. Shalom!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I find the psychology behind this very interesting. Even though the fiction author who coined the name of the fictional author and book, admitted many times it was fiction (an exercise in how many times I can use the word fiction in one sentence :lol
; some still insist on believing it is real.

What makes a person want to believe in fiction so badly they can mentally discount the knowledge it is not real? In this case I wonder if it is not that people think they are gaining knowledge that leads to power. Could a feeling of being in possession of information that gives them some sort of false perception of power be the explanation?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

what religion base do you follow (if you beleive anything at all) ?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I own the Necronomicon and I've read it. I've read a lot of different things about the book. Some say it's nonsense, others say it's legit, others say its a mish mash hodgepodge that's half accurate, some say it's dangerous.
I'm still unsure, but let me tell you my story.

About a year and a half ago, i was living in apartment with some of my friends in south New Jersey. We were, as a whole, becoming very interested in metaphysics, shamanism, and conspiracy theories. My friend was home at his mom's house in Queens for the weekend and he called me on his way home and said, "Hey I found this book, the Necronomicon, and it is pretty creepy man, and also has some eerie parrallels to a lot of the stuff we've been talking about, especially Sumerian gods and such." At the time I was reading Behold a Pale Horse so I wasn't too interested but when I finished it, I picked up the Necro and started reading it one night. The next morning, I was eager to read more. I was alone in my room and I decided to mess around with some of the chants, incantations, and whatnot, specifically one involving Marduk and one involving Enki.

Well, it was early in the afternoon and all my roommates and I were getting ready to load up our winnibego and head out to a friend's house near Fort Dix in Browns Mills. I remember getting into the truck and feeling a little strange but I figured it was just the humidity. On the way out we stopped at Wawa. I got some snacks and when the cashier rang up my order, it came to 666. I was like, "wow, that's a little spooky. whatever." So we continued on our journey (it takes about a half hour to get there). Night came and I was sitting on a chair with my buddy, drinking a beer, when I felt something strange in my shoe. I took off my shoe and a large gross looking beetle crawled out and I was spooked and almost spilt my beer. a few hours later we sobered up and began heading home down route 70. We got on route 530 east, which is a long dark wooded road not far from the air force base and some of my friends fell asleep in the back. I was in the middle and my friends that were sitting in the front (one was driving) were both awake. It was about 2 o clock in the morning and we were miles from anything, when we saw a large, strange, figure up ahead that was so weird we couldnt even figure out what we were looking at, at first. As we got closer, my heart dropped, and my friends and I both felt weak and pretty much turned pale. This guy looked about 7 or 8 feet tall, had a large head, and huge broad shoulders about twice as wide as normal with long arms. It's skin was beige. It had two completely black eyes, but they weren't real big, and they were a little farther apart than usual. I couldn't see a mouth or a nose, then again, we we're driving past it at about 45 miles an hour, so it all happened pretty quick. It was wearing a skintight blue shirt that literally looked like something out of star trek and it the whole figure itself seemed to be giving off a strange glow, as if it were self-luminant, but it may have had something to do with our headlights, I don't know. We we're all really spooked and were screaming which woke up our other friends, who were a bit skeptical but judging by our faces and our reaction they believed us. The rest of the drive home seemed like a quick blur and I think we were in shock and didn't say much.

I get home, and my girlfriend is on the couch and me my other friend immediately drew what we saw without looking at each others pictures and it was almost identical. He was spooked and slept on my couch, while i retired to my room with my girlfriend. Were lying in bed we start hearing a loud bang that seems to be all around us (it's 3 in the morning). It literally felt like it was in the walls and on the roof. After about 2 minutes it finally stops. I walk outside and I ask my friend if it was him, he says no I thought it was you. I'll never forget that day. That book is buried in my room somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join