It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculous Gay Christian Comic for Kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I just came across this and thought some people on here would be interested to see what some whacko decided to draw up in his spare time.

Check it out here: www.chick.com...

When I saw this, I thought it was going to be a joke, and then I saw the site it was on claiming religious publications for 40 yrs.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Great post. I see what you mean, I too thought it was an extremely bad joke when I first saw this.

I have always believed that you don't have to like everyone or their opinions but you do have to respect them and/or their right to hold them. However, when it takes the form of this poison (The site, that is) then I think that such things are indefensible.

How can anybody think that giving this to children is a good idea? Don't get me wrong, I respect people's opinions even when I don't agreee with them but you do wonder some times......

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Some of the stuff in that is true... But they need to be prayed for as well..

Gayness is wrong and scripture does say its a literal possesion of lust that gts so bad in asoul that God delivers their minds up to a reprobate sense...

But the way they go about that comic is not in a loving manner....

and the book of life is for souls who earned their way into heaven by a good just life.......

You dont ever promote hatred but to pray for souls...

peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i couldn't even get through the whole thing. i don't want to start a flame war, but wtf does it matter to a christian if some people choose to live this way? obviously they feel threatened by it for some reason. so what if the bible says it's bad. if they're into letting a book be a driving force in their life then so be it, but that doesn't give them the right to point out "flaws" in other people's lifestyles. "oh but i don't want my little snowflake exposed to such things!" well if you're that worried about it then imbue your little snowflake with your values AND some concept of tolerance. that way they will know it's "wrong" but they won't go around pissing people off by telling them so.

/rant off

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I understand and accept your stance. Like I said in my previous post, if someone, because of religious belief believes homosexuality to be wrong then I can respect that.

I was simply trying to explain that the way that the views are presented in that comic is totally wrong so I think we are mostly on the same wavelength here.

It is good to see some rational debate on these kinds of topics from everyone.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Vrah, I was responding to the original post, I had nothing wrong with what you said....

As for Anomaly..

First of all we believe its not just a (book) but the word of christ our creator, thats arrogance on your part..... 2000 years of saints have seen him work miracles inlcluding I myself....

They are not threatened, its just that God said its wrong, he made the body, now they (should) talk about it out of love and not that arrogant attitude they used.... which turns everybody off.

" Oh but I dont want my little snowflake exposed to such things "

First off innocent people are rare dont make fun of that, they are pieces of gold in the pathetic place....

secondly I agree that it sould be with tolerance.... Jesus said pray for everybody, your enemies everybody and always love them...

peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Those tracts aren't For children, but, for those that buy them. Many of Chick Publications are Too scary and graphic for children.
That's where parents come in. Don't let them have stuff if they're vulnerable and you haven't screened it, yet.

Do most of you believe it's O.K. to teach homosexuality to small
children?
here

What did Governor Schwarzenegger's bill do?
here

What about Bi-sexuality and transsexuality?
and here

What is happening to America???? We're turning into a crap-capital. With a side of police-state.
Loving people is NOT saying "I'm O.K., you're O.K.", all the time!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hmm, it's a bit difficult to tell if that comic is pro or con.

I have to laugh at the quote they used from Jude:

"7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

"...going after strange flesh"?

Makes you wonder just what they were thinking. I mean if we're all God's critters, what is 'strange flesh'?

To the poster above:
What did Governor Schwarzenegger's bill do?

That's odd, but consider that he financed his early bodybuilding by posing and cavorting with known older gay dudes. In fact, I've suspected that Joe Weider had some "tendencies".

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
truth:

i'm not ignorant or arrogant. i'm jaded. i grew up christian. i'm thankful for the way i was raised because the "fear of god" kept me from crossing a few lines and i came out a better person for it. however, i don't appreciate or respect anyone that dictates to others how they should live their lives. since that causes a conflict with the very nature of religion in general, i decided to remove myself from it.

i consider myself to be a somewhat spiritual person, but i've decided to maintain my own relationship with "God". i guess i think of church as a form of spiritual "school" that one can eventually graduate from. who goes to school their entire lives? that doesn't mean we stop learning - we just reach a point where we don't necessarily need formal instruction. i had no intention of offending you specifically although i had a feeling my post might.

i actually found your comment to be in good taste. you expressed your beliefs and noted that the comic was in bad taste. i suppose i could have been more tactful in my post and i'm sorry if i offended you.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Chick is such a mixed bag nuts. On one hand, they do put out a Christian message. On the other, I belive that they are a bit over the top in at least half of their tracts. The villians always look evil and the good people always look good and kind. The message is always "Get Saved or GO TO HELL!!!!"

They're correct though. Homosexuality is a sin and unforgiven sin will keep you from having your name in the Book of Life. They could try a softer delivery message more often than they do. I think mostly it's as much about how you say it as what you say. They don't pull any punches. I suppose there's a niche for this kind of "witnessing" and they own it. That's for sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Doesn't God create sexual anomalies, such as hermaphrodites? Would you say they are born doomed? I mean having sex with anyone would be a sin, for them.

I must say I'd take exception with the idea of 'supporting' the gay lifestyle, which, istm, is a step up from tolerance.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Doesn't God create sexual anomalies, such as hermaphrodites? Would you say they are born doomed? I mean having sex with anyone would be a sin, for them.

ROTFLMAO. That's hilarious.

I just cannot stand that things like this comic encourage hate towards others because of something that cannot be proven. I think it's insanity in it's purest form.

Someone chooses to believe something, therefore develops hate/segregation/influenced superiority towards others because their belief which cannot be proven says so. Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Amusing. Possibly, they could have their pick of which gender they choose. It all depends on how you want to look at it. If you have female sexual organs, then it wouldn't be a sin to mate with a male. If you have male sexual organs, it wouldn't be a sin to mate with a female. If you have both then either path is possible and IMO wouldn't be considered a sin.

For most of us however, the decision has been made on which gender we are to mate with. Men cannot mate with other men and women cannot mate with other women. Sure they can rub their privates together, but it's as effective as a dog humping your leg.

I tell you what would be funny. A Chick tract on hermaphrodites.
I wonder what the title would be? "Yin and Yang"?

[edit on 8-2-2008 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Jack Chick is a hatemonger.

If you want a real laugh look at the one on Freemasonry, where God was punishing a father by having his kid die from an accident because his father was a Freemason, and when the father left Masonry, surprise the child was healed.

One thing is for certain, no matter who you are, Jack Chick probably hates you and made a comic about how you will burn for eternity.Don't forget to check out his comics about how Catholics aren't Christians.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonica_esoterica
One thing is for certain, no matter who you are, Jack Chick probably hates you and made a comic about how you will burn for eternity

No doubt.

Bikers - Evil
Librarians - Wicked
Dog walkers - detestable and demonic.

At least he lets you know who the bad guys are.

You're correct about the Catholic part too. The level of hate for Catholics is pretty intense in Chick books. I think that Catholics have some issues where they are off the mark, but to say they're not Christians or that they're evil is an unrealistic view.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What ever happened to judge not? The christians need to stop concerning themselves with homosexuals and worry about saving their own souls which Im sure is a full time job. On a side note, why does god need a book to keep all the names straight if he knows everything?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
I just came across this and thought some people on here would be interested to see what some whacko decided to draw up in his spare time.

Check it out here: www.chick.com...

When I saw this, I thought it was going to be a joke, and then I saw the site it was on claiming religious publications for 40 yrs.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Jesus would be rolling in his grave(no disrespect meant; just a convenient[though poorly used in this case
] term)...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha

That's the dumbest thing I've seen all week.
Seriously, that's just sad.
I'm really tired of that Christian "we know what's right for everyone because we read the bible" attitude.
They have the most convenient excuses for the most deplorable behavior.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

Convenient excuses for deplorable behavior?
What I (as a parent) find deplorable is that these kinds of things

or these

or even these

are being forced on intelligent people AND their children!

Teach the children to be nice to people.
Don't teach MY child about procreation and love, That's the parents job. period.

For your information here is a well known Christian passage. It applies to EVERYONE;
Proverbs 28:13:
"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy."

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The world is full of sick freaks. Religious slander at it's worst. I can't believe a human being made that crap and is deemed sane. That is pure brainwashing and i am disgusted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join