It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Lear no longer a consp. Master?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

yea people were thought on him but for the right reasons ... I know he has a vast knowledge in many areas and probably had some wierd things happen to him in his lfe but

that dosent mean he can make unreal (even thou I am a firm beliver in UFO/ ET) claims IMO without even a shred of evidence to back it up....

As much as I would love to stick it to all those hard core sceptics on ATS I must say that I am gratefull that they keep pressure on people like mr. JL because some of those theories were just to much , even if they were entertaining

Look at it this way , if anybody (and I mean anybody ) would make some claims like JL made they would have been laughed out and their posts would be put into skunks very fast , but mr JL had his reputation to shield him (at least for some time) from such reactions by the mods ..

I wish mr JL good luck if he decided to stop posting here and hope that he and Bob can someday at last provide the evidence so that the whole world can seewho was right and who was in the dark

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
"Richard C. Hoagland is the guy you want to listen to." Really?? Really?
I dont know about that.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by dgtempe]

That's just my opinion... I've listen to many so called "conspiracy masters" and Richard Hoagland seems to be the most convincing. Is he 100% right 100% of the time?? maybe not, but his claims as a whole seem to connect all the dots much better than other people's claims (i.e. John Lear).

But again, that's my personal opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if we are too overcritical here. I know the motto is Deny Ignorance but is having an open mind not what its all about .
How can you search for the truth without an open mind?

I think its fun to imagine what if ,and not be so serous all the time. There is a time for imagination and a time for being super critical. Maybe John got carried away and forgot that. I respect his opinions and ideas just like anyone else's and I hope to hear from him again.

I want to know truth just like anyone else but pouncing on someone right away with comments like "pictures or it didn't happen" is not the way to discuss conspiracies. Oh well, life goes on..

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lear is certainly a colorful and controversial figure.

I only had one discussion with him and as I recall, it had to do with small arms.

Here are some quotes about Lear and his reputation among the UFO community and others.

Bob Lazar's comment is interesting.

www.ufomind.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
While I think that the "good riddance" posts are a little over the top, I need to post that I too am glad he is not returning. Unfortunately, I can not think of a snide and sarcastic way to say it as I am sure Lear would. I hope and pray that his word is his bond.

He has admitted at least a dozen times to being a CIA man for most of his life that was happy to do anything "as long as the price was right" for them. This is evidenced by the fact that whenever anyone asked him if he ran guns or drugs for the CIA , John would answer with a cryptic ,"I dont care what I was hauling, as long as the price was right."

I have zero doubts that Mr. Lear is still working for the CIA,although not by choice.

Some of you may remember a short while ago when Lear posted something to the equivalent of, " Everything I have posted is a lie, there are no aliens or UFO's" on another board. However, a short time later he came back and recanted that statement, explaining that a family member was attacked by CIA due to his talking to much and they scared him into shutting up.

I believe him about the family member, but I don't think he chose to ignore them and continue writing the same stuff that just almost got his family killed.
If you are a member at the forum where he said this, you know that everyone at once knew someone had got to him in some way. I believe the CIA saw this too and came to him after he wrote the "everything I have ever said is a lie" statement and told him he could do more to help them by promoting the most insane ideas he could find out there and promoting the most obvious fraudulent cases he could. In return, Lear gets something in return(such as the ONLY gold mine in the county, for instance).

Some may ask ,"How is the CIA paying him, seeing as he is no longer an employee?"

Remember, there is a reason the ONLY licensed gold mine in the county belongs to him. It is not hard at all for a random someone to drop a nugget here and there on his claim for some quick tax-free and untraceable payments...(hence his "I gotta go check my mine" statements he had a tendancy to say after making another outrageous statement.)

----------------------------EDIT----------------------------------
Thanks to some members who know more than I do, I know know that Lear has the only registered and licensed mine in Clarke County, Nevada, not the whole state. Thanks people.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Lotiki]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lotiki

Remember, there is a reason the ONLY licensed gold mine in the state of Nevada belongs to him. It is not hard at all for a random someone to drop a nugget here and there on his claim for some quick tax-free and untraceable payments...

UTTER TWADDLE

list of gold mining operations , nevada

it seems that lears disdain for facts has rubbed off on you

[edit on 4-2-2008 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You made a fine example of the kind of crap used to discredit people.
I was just looking up that little nugget of knowledge myself.
Nice catch!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sorry, I did not look at the liscences, I was going by every lear Bio on the internet, because they all mention that.

John is the owner of Cuthtroat mining corporation, the only company with a legal gold mining license in Neveda. He was the 1999 winner of excellence in mine reclamation for his work there. He holds a blaster listen from the Nevada state fire martial. He lives in Las Vegas

Source

John is the current owner and operator of the only permitted gold mine operation Cutthroat Mining Corporation in Clarke County, Nevada. His efforts to clean up the Treasure Hawk Gold Butte mine won him the state of Nevada award for excellence in mining reclamation in 1999. John is a MSHA (Mine, Safety, and Health Administration) and holds a blaster license from the Nevada certified mining instructor from the Nevada State Fire Marshall.

Source

Many , many others. Some say Clarke County, some say the whole state.

So, you are right, I didn't do my homework to well. I should have said its the only permitted mine in the county. The post has been edited and I thank you for your help making me smarter.

However,before you start jumping up and down out of excitement that you proved me wrong about something, changing the word "state" to "county" in my post does nothing to change the message behind it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can assure everyone here that John's "retirement" was completely John's choice. There is no way any "outside forces" or "third parties" are going influence this site, PERIOD. Anyone who has paid attention knows I have been one of the most vocal supporters of John's ability to post his ideas, theories, etc... here on ATS and that hasn't changed a bit.

That being said, when we found out he wasn't coming back we were left with a decision to make about his forum.

Decommissioning his dedicated "Conspiracy Master" forum and moving his threads to the Skunk Works forum is the best way, as this opens up the possibility of a new speculative UFO/Aliens-centric Conspiracy Master to join our ranks. I have been in communications with one of the best in the field and he has agreed to join us after he completes his new book. Stay Tuned...

While we're fully aware that John's tenure on ATS has had its share of controversy from time to time,
for the most part I and our staff feel that having John as an ATS Conspiracy Master for the past year was a positive experience. There are many of us that don't agree with his theories, but if you disagree with the idea of supporting highly-speculative ideas as a means to test the upper boundaries of our imagination, then quite frankly, ATS is not for you. John's theories and postings embrace this ideal with gusto, and they will always be welcomed and needed within the context of ATS topics.

And we've seen some oddly disparaging comments about the Skunk Works forum as a result of this... no one described the intent of that forum better than SkepticOverlord, in this post: "We started the SkunkWorks forum as a place where extremely speculative ideas and topics could be embraced and enthusiastically supported." In fact, I believe some of John's theories were the original inspiration for the forum, prior to his elevation to Conspiracy Master.

I'd also like to add that the name "SkunkWorks" is in reference to the Top Secret departments of engineering/design firms that create the unimaginable.
en.wikipedia.org...

A couple members have expressed some concern that perhaps we may have lost an index of his threads. This is something we didn't consider before making this move, so if members would like to collaborate on assembling a list of their favorite or most-important John Lear threads, we'll put up a new thread or page that contains an indexed listing.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
There are many of us that don't agree with his theories, but if you disagree with the idea of supporting highly-speculative ideas as a means to test the upper boundaries of our imagination, then quite frankly, ATS is not for you.

Exactly. I don't blame John for possibly being a little worn out dealing with the members here. I mean this site is meant to explore the possibilities of the 'impossible'. It sucks hes gone, but how much can you take?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I look forward to meeting the next Conspiracy Master .

I wonder who it will be?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
For your reading pleasure:

Index of John Lear Threads

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Absolutely spot on with skunk works points - I think a lot of people mistake it for a less valid forum than it is. Equally people post what should be in skunk works on other forums when they shouldn't.

Does your post, Springer, constitute the offical announcement - or is there something else coming? I'd be interested in JL's reasons for leaving, if they are not too personal...have I missed that post? Can someone point my feeble mind thither?

LW

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Take care John, happy travels.

Best of luck to you and yours, see you on the flip side.

pop in every once in a while would you.. just to let us know you're ok.

You'll be missed, but never forgotten.

Thanks so much for all you've done. If it wasn't for your thread on anomalies on the moon I'd never have found this place. It's what brought me here.

fly free..

all the best,

Extralien

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the following that Springer stated is the best i have read in the last few years :

"if you disagree with the idea of supporting highly-speculative ideas as a means to test the upper boundaries of our imagination, then quite frankly, ATS is not for you."

Well said Springer !! and thanks

snoopyuk

[edit on 4-2-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thats sounds reasonable. I wish John Lear smooth sailing and may his ore be heavy. I'm gonna have a drink of expensive whisky and think about how many neat alternative viewpoints JL has provided me with to consider during his tenure. Fare well JL.

Vic

[edit on 4-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
Does your post constitute the offical announcement?

The Springer post constitutes the announcement, yes.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have always enjoyed John's posts too..

Some of his Ideas and statements were a little out there
but I will miss him non-the less

Enjoy retirement John.,...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt he got sick of the lame arguments some of these kids make,or the ones with perhaps a little information,I thought he was right on ,being my family is comprised of ex agents some of his far fectched sounding storys have more truth then you'll know,I for one will miss him

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
To make finding the threads that were in JL's forum easy, we have created an index page and I "topped" it in SkunkWorks. That should make it very easy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join