It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Lear no longer a consp. Master?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Interesting!

So whats really going on?
Lets put it all out in the open, and deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

Well we've heard two stories.

Either he voluntarily stepped down or he was post-banned and force to step down.

Regardless, he is no longer a CSM.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
John,

You were unbanned the same time as the rest, there was no "cover up".

We didn't want to air the dirty laundry of Conspiracy Masters acting like children in public. That includes YOU. You could have emailed me about the insults like you have emailed me every time somebody else insults you for the past year couldn't you? You did not though, you went on a public tantrum. You admitted you wanted back off posting so much, is that why you went public rather than email me like you have always done?

Forget about it, I don't care what the answer is.

You told me you "were never posting on ATS again", I believed you. Obviously you've changed your mind again...

We don't need the drama and you aren't going to start it now, drop it or you will be banned.

Springer...

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
walk out john,the site owner has shown you no respect

he could have done that by email?

what is it with owners?never mind-plenty more here to read here on this site

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
All I will say is this he is taking on something big, from the outside in..

You will succeed we are backing you buddy.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, isn't this all kinda ironic? Here you have Lear trying to get his tale out there, and the big boys censoring him by keeping it out of the 'public forum'...like everybody elses' secrets are fair game?

The irony continues as I...who has been pretty quick to call Bravo Sierra on some of Lear's bigger whoppers...stand up for his right to be heard.

There's a RATS for stuff that should be kept from the great unwashed, but I thought this was ultimately a community. Guess some animals are just more equal than others.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
and the big boys censoring him by keeping it out of the 'public forum'

The reality is, we had a "spat" between Conspiracy Masters that needed to be sorted out. We did so via private email amongst all parties. The "keeping it out of the forum" was in reference to keeping the "spat" out of the discussions (as would be a T&C concern anyway), not as an effort to "cover" something up. Unfortunately, I think John misunderstood the reason to keep a professional quarrel off the public threads on ATS.

We applied a posting ban to all concerned to keep the heat off the forums, and prevent anyone from saying something that might make the situation worse. In the heat of tense moments, we all tend to do that.

For now, I've applied another such temporary restriction on John's account so that we might work out any misconceptions behind the scenes. When he sent word to us that he'd never post on ATS again... we assumed he was serious and sought to give him a dignified downgrade, rather than dramatic fiasco. As always, we continue to be open to working things out... as has happened more than once with John.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

While some may enjoy seeing the stupidity and frustrations of others aired publicly we don't do "drama" here, it's pointless. If that's what you want you'll need to get it elsewhere.

Posting up the insults one CM threw at another CM is NOT ATS worthy.

Think what you will but that's the reality. I am done here, there are way more important things to spend my time on.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
As the Above Top Secret Network Turns

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John,

While the title of this thread is "Why is John Lear no longer a consp. Master?", it may be best, imho, to leave the question unanswered. Since the "dirty laundry", as Springer put it, involves other members and staff who are not here to give their side of the story (nor should we expect them to be), clearing the air, so to speak, would be as ill-advised for ATS as a whole as it would be cathartic for you.

I, for one, am willing to humbly embrace the ignorance.

We shall spar again, old friend.

TS

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
John would love to respond but it seems at this point in time he is currently banned again...

Wow I don't know what all this is about yet but go away a few days to work and all hell breaks loose

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's right, the staff decided JL wants nothing more than drama and we don't do drama, Lear knows how to get in touch with me if he wants to clear this up.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Perhaps if the threads in which John was so despicably, personally attacked had been fairly moderated, pertaining to the TACs, this situation would not have digressed to this point.

Why were the "debunkers' repeatedly permitted to post their nasty, ad hominum attacks without, apparently, any oversight or punishment until it blew up in everyone's faces?

This entire situation is pathetic, IMHO, and it is a disgrace to what I thought this forum stood for.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As flies to wanton boys, are we to John Lear.

Sorry, but a little Shakesphere never hurts anyone.

[edit on 4/2/08 by MacDonagh]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Perhaps if the threads in which John was so despicably, personally attacked had been fairly moderated, pertaining to the TACs, this situation would not have digressed to this point.

I'm sorry but I don't recall many such vicious personal attacks to be directed to John Lear. A few offenders were in fact banned. Moderators did their jobs. The bulk of the discussion and critique was directed at John's material; his persona has nothing to do with it. It is interesting that you are trying to justify JL totally losing his cool.

Why were the "debunkers' repeatedly permitted to post their nasty, ad hominum attacks without, apparently, any oversight or punishment until it blew up in everyone's faces?

In case you missed, it was JOHN who was making fun of what he described as unhealthy and sick appearance of Mr.Oberg, a claim that I don't know whether it's true or not but which indeed seemed exceedingly mean spirited (it's like "you look very sick, hahaha"). So don't portray JL as a victim here. In fact, his insistence on using the acronym NAZA or NATZY NAZA is lightyears away from courtesy and common sense, imho. I personally won't miss him but I understand you will.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer Think what you will but that's the reality. I am done here, there are way more important things to spend my time on. Springer...

Ok, I respect the call, but I don't like this comment, because this is all about credibility...and on this site, the staff have nothing more important.

Over and out.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
the staff decided JL wants nothing more than drama

so ATS decides what it's members want and don't want now? Hah, of course not. You've been doing that for quite some time now

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Attacked? As a lurker of Johns threads it seemed more often than not that he was doing the baiting AND attacking. Looking back there seemed to be plenty warns to posters other than John and just because John sugar coated his ad hominums still makes them an ad hominum.

Making John to be a victem seems a bit much IMHO

[edit on 4/2/08 by Operation AJAX]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
At this point its really a dead subject.

Getting all worked up about the way the mods dealt with it is not going to accomplish anything. Thats the way it is so lets move on.

back on subject:

Oh yeah John Lear, Great guy. Its unfortunate that he is not a CM anymore. I valued his comments and enjoyed the posts he made regarding the moon pics.

Edited to add smiley..

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I, as many other users here on ATS will probably be quite dissapointed to see Mr. Lear go and loose a fine CM.

I have not been here long, but i have seen much already, and i will not blame Mr. Lear if he got a fit over some of the BS that he have been fed with.

As i see it, this place, ATS is a place for voicing possibilities, as it is in the world, possibilities do not count as much as facts do, but do_not_forget that there is a _possibility_ behind every fact.
John Lear have voiced nothing more than possibilites, and got flamed for it by many, because there are no facts behind his claims.

Do i agree with Mr. Lear on what he posts here? not on everything no.
Does he make me think about what he has posted? Yes
Do i flame him when i dont agree with him? Nope.
^
Hopefully all of this will be cleared out for the best of everyone.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join