It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel - UFO Hunter NY-SPI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Last night I watched UFO Hunter NY-SPI. They investigated to sightings, the first was the Fireball in New Jersey near Normany Beach. Sept, 1, 2007
One of the people on this show is named Ted Davis (I have communicated with Mr. Davis back in 2002, nice man.) They did mention that there was no video evidence. They said the news said exploding fireball but none of the witnesses said it was an exploding fireball. One man said it went from West to East.They did get a boat and a diver and went looking because the Coast Guard did not do this. The diver went down in two different locations when they got a hit on the Sonar but nothing. Even though there was supposedly a meteor shower they can't account for the red beacon on the water and thought plane crash. They elimated meteor because of the red beacon. They said something serious must have been going on because they called helicopters in.

I'm posting this before my computer shuts down again. My next post will be the other sighting on the show.
They now say they think it was two things, a Fireball and something going into Ocean, still keeping it as open case.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by observe50]

admin edit change title to ease identification

[edit on 1-31-2008 by Springer]

[edit on 1-31-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I saw that show. I remembered when that happened.
I noticed they didn't mention the "unrelated" beach closings the next day.

This incident was discussed in this thread

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yes I know it was discussed here I am just giving an update on what they have been researching.

The next was Cateret New Jersey. They had a Police Officer and a Priest that described this massive object and they have video and one was taken by the police department, I believe. One of the witnesses they believed was abducted and after talking with him had him go to a Hypnotherapist. His experience they believe is to be the truth.

The Astronomer that works on the show was lucky to get information from the FAA. (I BET WHOEVER GAVE THIS OUT IS IN TROUBLE) Anyhow the FAA told we the people they had no report but this Astronomer got a 6 page report with the high speeds and turning which a human could not handle and that there were no transponders on the objects.

So if nothing else this confirms FAA fibbing, lol

Video:

video.aol.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes I know it was discussed here I am just giving an update on what they have been researching.

I know. I'm just providing more info on the case.

The next was Cateret New Jersey.

Now that was an interesting case.

They had video, eye-witness accounts, FAA reports....pretty much everything but a piece of spaceship. There was most definitely something there. Whether or not it was from somewhere other then Earth, we still don't know for sure, but if I had to bet, my vote would be for something un-earthly.

Although the "abductee" sounded pretty convincing, I have issues with believing fantastic stories brought out by hypnosis. He did, however, relate part of his story before being hypnotised, so who knows, he might be the real deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There was also another UFO Hunter show on at the same time which I am watching and seems quite interesting. I will report back when I have finished watching it.

I hope Springer is right with his sense that 2008 might just be the year.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I missed this show as I was watching the History Channel show.

However I'm watching it now...

External Link

Now, that made it to YouTube real fast

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

You know its funny you mention that. I was watching these 2 shows last night and wondering about that myself. 1 train of thought could be that they are slowly disclosing information, and preparing us for the "big" news. Another train of thought is that someone at the cable stations noticed a lot of people watching Youtube videos about UFOs and decided to take advantage of that and get some ratings.

I am not sure if this means people at the networks believe in this field, or just want to have a hit TV show. I have not been around it long enough to make a determination. I don't know what it was like in the 70's or 80's, or even the 90's really. I am pretty new to investigations even though I have been interested my whole life. What I mean is I never payed attention to how the rest of the world/country felt about UFOs, only how I felt. Can anyone give some input as to whether they think this is a distinct time or just a trend?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Then you watched the Maury Island Case.

I read how this was a bunch of bunk but I never believed it.

It seems these guys went to Maury Island, Puget Sound and looked for debree/slag that was dropped from one of the six donut shaped UFO's. It seemed the slag that this UFO dropped killed the dog on the boat and broke the arm of the son of one of the three men aboard.

They then went to Kelso where a few weeks later the plane crashed with the Military people on it who collected this slag from said area. I thought the new information about the family not getting Brown's ID back after his death was bad enough but to discover that Brown's ID was given to Kenneth Arnold makes me wonder what the he&& was going on. This (Maury Island)occurred June 21, 1947 at 2 p.m. then Arnold had his sighting, then Roswell The case number on this is #47001 the case before Roswell.

After tests were done they believe the slag material from the UFO ignited the plane fire.

In Feburary new shows begin around the 6th so I will keep my eyes open. It seems they are looking into everything......about time.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yeah I thought that was a pretty interesting case. I had a few questions about it though. In the computer animation they made, it kept showing that the slag hitting the boat roof, if this is so lets see the darned boat right?

Also, I have no knowldege of this, but is it usual to fly 4 people in a bomber to go and pick up the contents of the box? I mean couldn't this have been done in a much smaller and less expensive plane?

Lastly, the 2 people to survive the plane crash, did they also happen to be the ones that went and talked to the gentlemen? If so it seems kind of convenient that they live, and the 2 pilots have to die. I know that they said the 1 pilot was a "counter intelligence agent" but I would have been pissed if Ihad to go down with the plane while the other 2 guys bailed out. I don't know, that just all seemed a little funny to me.

**Oh and from what I can tell, the shows starting Feb. 6th, are in fact the shows we just watched, they just bumped them up in the schedule.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You know what's really strange about these two, separate shows (other than the obvious name - UFO Hunters)? Both the History Channel and the SciFi channel are owned by NBC Universal.

What's even stranger, at least to me, is that while watching the Ghost Hunters episode right before UFO Hunters came on SciFi, there was an actual commercial for the History Channel's show!...very confusing especially since they're reportedly in copyright litigation.

That said, I saw the SciFi channel show and thought that the second sighting was really well researched for a 20 min. spot. The video was taken by a police officer and looked very similar to the Phoenix lights. If the show continues in this vein - showing info to the public that wasn't easily accessible to the mainstream - than it's definitely got my attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, good to know about the show.

Hard to find info like this here.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i liked the scifi one. The Cameret NJ sighting is very interesting and seems to me like the real deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To help keep these two shows of the SAME NAME somewhat organized please see this thread for the discussion of the Sci-Fi Channel's version...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I thought it was unusual that they had two UFO Hunter shows on at the same time, one on the History Channel and one on the SCI-FI channel.

I did check next Wednesday's listings and you are right they were shown last night. I wonder what is going to be on next week.

I don't remember hearing of the Cateret Sighting and I also thought it was very interesting.

With the Maury Island I thought it was smart that someone decided to check the area out after 60 years and they were able to still find evidence.

I think with the new technologies we have nowadays we need these people to re-visit all that have been pushed under the carpet.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't consider myself a real expert, but I wasn't quite sure what the deal was with the examination of the Maury Island case. It seems to me that a lot of the obvious research was missing -- such as trying to track down the local doctor or hospital's report of the son's broken arm, any remnants of the boat, or maybe where the dog was buried. I was also not quite sure what all the "surprise" was about Kenneth Arnold's involvement. He was all over the place, and anybody with even a passing familiarity with the case knows that.

It seems to me like they spent an awful lot of time tromping around in the woods for no good reason (since they weren't allowed to actually dig anything up, and the ground penetrating radar was a complete bust), and pointlessly trying to get samples from an underwater site decades old (yeah, like the sea floor never changes over time).

There was also this tendency to downplay the really weird stuff associated with the case. And this case raised the bar when it came to weirdness. It was one of the first cases, for instance, where freaky MIBs showed up and bothered/ threatened the witness. No mention of it.

So it was another one of these cases where the investigators attempt to force it into the standard "ET nuts and bolts atomic powered spaceship" box, by trimming off the odd edges that don't quite fit. I understand that people generally want nuts and bolts, but I think it diminishes the scope of the case, and leaves out a lot of possible avenues for investigation, including those that might reveal it to be a big load of horsecrap and a total hoax.

If they can't come up with good, new evidence, then at least give us the whole story, no matter how wacky it may be, so we can judge it for ourselves.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
can someone please post the new jersey video of this ship? I've never seen it before.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
NY-SPI mentioned there wasn't any video of the New Jersey Sighting.

As I was looking around for the Cateret Sighting I was kind of surprised how one thing leads to another, for example.

As I was looking for videos it seems that members of a group I joined are pretty well into this. The Group I joined (I haven't gone to any meetings yet) is called The Philadelphia UFO Meetup Group. I wrote in another thread about a Bob Terrio who is a video/producer/director he did the video of the testing of materials that LMH bought up from Brazil to Philly from the Urandir Oliveira case.

As I looked for video about Cateret I found another member, his user name is aliensthetruth, he has a site and he has covered this well.

His site is:

www.aliensthetruth.com...

He has a few videos there. I don't drive Philly but maybe when the weather breaks I'll do mapquest and attempt to get to the Germs Books & Gallery, LLC if I see they have signed into attending the meetup.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wasn't that show schduled to be on February 6th?
I wrote it down on my calender so I wouldn't miss it.
Maybe I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yes it was scheduled for next week it seems they showed it a week early. There were two shows on at the same time,
Ufo Hunters- NY-SPI on the SCI-FI Channel
and
Ufo Hunters on the History Channel

The New Jersey and Cateret sightings were covered on the NY-SPI SCI-FI channel
and
Maury Island on the History channel

I don't know what they will do for next week.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

imo its both, a distinct time and a trend

for example, back in the 1940's and early 1950's, UFOs/aliens were a common household subject for most american familys. There was plenty of radio shows covering the subject in some way or another back then.

it was actually in a strange sense, Popular in alot of ways.

after that point, the military has created a sense of ridicule around it. and thats what we live in today right now. they were probably trying to hide something lol.

so, as you can see, this is just part of a overall trend, but moreover, also a distinct point in time with unique characteristics. Its part of the bigger trends that have been ongoing for quite a long time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join