It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
check out this site for all the earthquakes happening in the world:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

im assuming a direct hit by a meteor would cause seismic disturbances.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Ahhh, i'm listening now!!! Thanks so much!!! Nothing else would work for me.
You made my night.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I've been all over NASA the last few days like white on rice... many of the links I found using the advanced search in regard to TU24 there were pieces written by two JPL fellows... one precis seemed to talk about the approach TO the TU24 rather than of TU24. It was written by the guy with "live long and prosper" in his NASA description of himself. OK.

Most of what I thought'd be juicy links "no longer existed"... oh, the page was there... just nothing on it. Blank and white with the standard page frame.

PDF's that I tried to grab were all "unavailable". I got one standard html doc by Yeomans dated like the 24th. There were many links. So I go back and search the same stuff about an hour ago... the search does not have what was available earlier... all cleaned up, nice and tidy. Swell. Just about the time their servers came back up at echo.jpl. Uh, yeah. This is being managed, top-down.

Why this one? Why. Not maybe theory why, WHY THIS ONE. Because it's close... because it's close. Closer means?? Especially if it doesn't impact.

With that other site and NASA and the MARS approach, the satellite and all and this thread going monster? Cages rattled? Who's 800lb gorilla? Will they try and play catch-up? Or lead elswhere.

Most interesting bit in a while for me.

Vic

[edit on 29-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok, the closest approach is 1:33 am here (MST) and I shall go outside at that time and look for TU24

Good luck, guys!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The magnetosphere is lighting up again. I'm going to follow this for the next hour or so to see what happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
The magnetosphere is lighting up again. I'm going to follow this for the next hour or so to see what happens.

If there was something going on with any part of our atmosphere wouldn't the sky look funny or something? I just looked outside and its blacker than black out.. nothing strange about that??

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I aspologize for any posts i make from here on out... i am extremely drunk.. i've never been drunk befofre... if the world is goigng to end then i'm brinbing it in with happy thoughts... thank you and good luck tot you all

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

You've never been drunk before?You gotta be kidding me?Stop drinkin now then bro.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The world is not going to end.

I have nothing more to say on this.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Is it wrong that I laughed?

Sorry, I'm a college student...so drunk people around me are normal and it is in our culture to find them amuzing.

Just stop drinking if you think you're going to pass out. That's the first sign of alcohol poisening.
(giving thumbs up for the tip not getting alcohol poisening
)

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCake

,i think i'm fine... i just wANTED TO DO IT BEFORE IA DIE BUT THANK YOU FOR THE OCVNERN

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

alright close your eyes.

eyes closed?

o.k.

now is the room spinning? you still reading this your eyes aren't closed.

if the room is spinning you should seriously stop drinking unless you enjoy

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Do we have any kind of timeframe that this will be glazing by the planet? Massive clouds in Utah I can't see the sky.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Apperantly the magnetic disturbances can go on for a long time after it passes and we may not see an initial problem it may just affect weather and seismic issues.This coupled with a new solar maximum coming up.Its to much of a new science to try and say what exactly will happen when but large balls of energy flying past our planet in between the sun etc in all scientific theory can not be good period.This is not the end of the world this is the beginning of revolutions in science.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by SpaceCake]

You wont die today bro well at least if you stop drinking now you might live.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by SpaceCake]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
For all of us listening to Coast to Coast, John Hogue, is talking write now . He is talking about 2008 as being a significant year and that this year is in fact the precession of the equinox and that we will be entering the age of Aquarius this year, Do you think this asteroid could then be signficant if this guy is right?

Spelling errors, Added a name

[edit on 29-1-2008 by leira7]

[edit on 29-1-2008 by leira7]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ITs not spinning i just want tobring in the ahppy time= i have th ehicckups for like a half hour.. is tat normal? thanks....... i want to save my girlfirend ad n family

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm here in NoCal, unusually clear from how it's been latelty. I just went outside and took a look, a thought came up I haven't yet seen posted:

The thing is supposed to be 330,000 miles away, right. 40% further than the moon. Why can't we see it? Is it only passing in the earths shadow?

How big is it in comparison to the moon? 1/1millionth? 1/1billionth???

Idunno....anyone?

Would it not be brightened by our Sun to some degree? Are 3 inches of telescopic gear really gonna make that much difference? Shoudn't it perhaps look to the healthy naked eye like a satellite?

It's alot bigger than a satellite right? Do you think the difference in size might make up the difference in distance? Or is the speed the main factor here?

Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Its John Hogue, a prophet himself and Nostradamus expert.
He's always interesting.
He's not talking about the asteroid- he's saying that this year is for all intents and purpuses, the dawning of the age of Aquarius, and its a new awakening, a year full of news and events-(dont know which events)

[edit on 29-1-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

Its only around 250 meters wide dude they neglect to tell you exactly how big the moon is you would see the moon much easier.They use Lunar Distance as a unit of measurement from the earth.Although some say its bigger around 600 current obs say no more than 300 obviously it loses some matter cruising through our crazy gravitational solar system.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser Sohse

Are 3 inches of telescopic gear really gonna make that much difference?

yea it makes a big difference - I star gaze with binoculars and you can see many more stars with the binoculars than with the naked eye and a 3 inch telescope is much better than my binoculars.

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join