It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Experienced Missing Time/Possible Abduction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Right this is not normally my style, and ive been a strong disbelief in any form of alien life for decades,

However i have just experienced my first account of Missing Time or a possible abduction,
I really need help with what this couldve been,

Right this all happened abour 6 minutes ago according to the time my clock says now,

basically i live in england (i shant say where) and its 2.20am in the morning now (as i write this), The bin bags get collected around 9am every Tuesday morning,
so at exactly 1:47am i had a moment of clarity thinking "oh S**t, gotta take the bin bags out"

So i grabbed the bags and popped out my front door (the time was still 1:47am as i looked at the clock as i walked out) and this is where it gets interesting,

The place where we leave our bags for collection is about 5 seconds walk from my front gate, So taking my 2 bin bags out shouldve taken approx 15 seconds at most,

On my way back down my garden path i hear this noise, it was one of those noises that makes your heart go a mile a minute and the hair stand up on the back of your neck, It wasnt an animal (i know all my neighbours pets, and we have no wild animals here apart from birds)

However it seemed to me i carried on walking straight back in after my supposed 15 second trip to take the bin bags out,

I am still distraught right now however, as when i got in i looked at the clock and it read 2:14am,
Thats HALF AN HOUR for a 15 second trip up my path and back again,

I am not trying to act tough or anything, but i am not scared easily, ive been stabbed, and seen such horrible things in life that pretty much the only thing that has scared my in life is my irrational hatred of moths lol,

Now baring that in mind, since i heard that 'noise' and realised im missing HALF AN HOUR of my life for what shouldve been a 15 second walk,
I am genuinely sitting here shaking and scared to the core,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,
Can someone give me any idea of what just happened,
or can anyone relate to me on this

-The Living God, Ammon Seth-

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow weird.

I guess the first thing to ask / check is where did you check the time before you went outside?
The 1:47, was that on your pc, your tv, your wall clock, your watch?

Because of course any or even all (although the chances are slim of course)
could have been incorrect for whatever reason.

How sure are you of the time before you went outside to dump the rubbish
or whatever?

Did you experience anything else out of the ordinary that makes you think
you have 'lost time'?

[edit on 14-1-2008 by pmexplorer]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

The 1:47, was that on your pc, your tv, your wall clock, your watch?

How sure are you of the time before you went outside to dump the rubbish
or whatever?

Right, This computer is pretty much round the corner from my front door,
It was my wall clock i looked at as i left, it said "1:47am" and when i came back in, the very same clock said "2:14am"

Did you experience anything else out of the ordinary that makes you think
you have 'lost time'?

Just the noise

I have never heard anything like that in my life, be it from machine or animal,
i have lived all over the world, Egypt, New Zealand, America (united states), Brazil, China and as i said i currently reside in the U.K,
I repeat, never in my life have i heard anything like that,
It was almost asif there was something looking over my shoulder (thats how it felt)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Very interesting.
But please, do not confine yourself from the start to a certain interpretation (based on a type of experience that could itself be based on misinterpretation to begin with)! Keep in mind that you really do NOT know what happened - don't lose that openness. Once it's gone, it's very difficult to erase erroneous interpretations from one's mind and look for a different possibility.

BTW, have you checked the "Time slips, anyone?" thread?
There are some interesting stories, similar to yours.

P.S. I just reread my own message, and it struck me that it could be interpreted as "preachy"...

I hope it isn't.
And what I said about "interpretation" referred to the mention of "abduction" in the subject line. Just so that we understand each other...

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Very interesting.
But please, do not confine yourself from the start to a certain interpretation (based on a type of experience that could itself be based on misinterpretation to begin with)! Keep in mind that you really do NOT know what happened - don't lose that openness. Once it's gone, it's very difficult to erase erroneous interpretations from one's mind and look for a different possibility.

BTW, have you checked the "Time slips, anyone?" thread?
There are some interesting stories, similar to yours.

Thank you for your imput, no i havent seen that thread, do yo know which forum it is in?

Also i am not labelling it as anything, apart from what it is to me, Missing Time, i am genuinely missing half an hour of my time,

I know saying its an abduction is speculation, but i havent stated it was, i merely said it was a possibility,

I need any help i can get on this, I cant shake the scared feeling i have

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

(Agh... crossed wires, we were writing simultaneously ! : )

The thread is in this very group (MYSTERIOUS). The easiest way to find it would be to check my profile and find it there - because I started it...

That should tell you that I for one certainly can relate to your experience. ; )

P.S.
Here it is:
TIME SLIPS

EDIT: I inserted my profile URL by mistake - so sorry!

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Bearing in mind you believe you may have been abducted, I can only suggest you keep a close eye on your body over the next few days. Be on the lookout for any unusual marks on your skin, nosebleeds, odd sounds in your ears like ringing or buzzing noises. Check your skin all over for abrasions or lumps that you may not have noticed before.

Check your clothing now, is it the same as when you got dressed? Shoe laces tied differently, t-shirt inside out, anything like that?

One last word of reassurance, try not to be afraid. You are unharmed and at home. I don't expect you will sleep much tonight, but please do try and relax and think rationally about what may have happened.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

However it seemed to me i carried on walking straight back in after my supposed 15 second trip to take the bin bags out,

Let me get this straight... Are you saying you are NOT 100% sure what happened next?

(I am asking because of the word" seemed", of course.)

And do not be afraid. Really.
My personal guess - and it's obviously just a guess - would be that some kind of "wave" affected your perception of the passage of time.
Anyway, I don't think that it, whatever it was - and I am inclined to think it was not a "consciously" managed energy, but perhaps some natural occurrence, however bizarre - wasn't "directed" at you personally.
Apart from missing half an hour - for which I don't think you'll get a refund
- there is probably nothing to worry about.

Please, do keep us posted about this.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artreyus
One last word of reassurance, try not to be afraid. You are unharmed and at home. I don't expect you will sleep much tonight, but please do try and relax and think rationally about what may have happened.
Peace.

This is great advice. I had multiple odd experiences as a child that, while only one is necessarily ET related, I was terrified for all of them, and yet I am still here and fine. It's only natural to feel fear when you experience something unknown, but thinking it through and going through what you know of the experience may help ease any unsettled nerves.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
+
Let me get this straight... Are you saying you are NOT 100% sure what happened next?

(I am asking because of the word" seemed", of course.)

No no, i said 'seemed' because thats what i thought i was doing, but i aparently cant of been if 15seconds turned into half an hour,
I couldve walked round the block 10 times atleast in half an hour lol,

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What I find creepy about what you described, is if you were abducted, how did the aliens know you would be taking your trash out at exactly 1:47 a.m.?

Quick................look over your shoulder!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Actually what I meant to hint at in my last post, was, don't you wonder what suddenly gave you that moment of clarity?

Kinda makes you wonder, huh?

Normally I don't remember it's trash day until the wee hours of the morning when I hear the trucks rolling down the street. I've even had to chase them a few times when they have passed me up.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This sounds textbook.

I don't want to 'believe' in abduction, but I do believe in missing time, and abduction cases which involve missing time often begin with the hearing of a high-pitched or electronic noise.

I don't know what to tell you... if you want to sit down for a few minutes and concentrate really hard on your memory of the time between when you left and looked at the clock, you might have some kind of revelation.

If you can't find any memory between those times, than I would say something happened.

One thing to keep in mind, we are entering a shift in consciousness where time speeds up. People are noticing that hours slip by without them keeping track. Time is literally flying by, but we have memories to keep track of this kind of thing. It's when you have no memory between certain periods of time that you should be worried.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's a brain glitch.

It happens.

When you're doing something and distracted by something, you miss the time. And suddently you'll realize the time is different. Sometimes you just forget what time it is and then next moment you notice the different time.

I'm sure you're not the only one, mate.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
It's a brain glitch.

It happens.

Would he really have spent half an hour standing around outside and not remember it? Hmm...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Just maybe it could be possible for him to stand outside for a half hour and not remember it if he suffered some form of seizure.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
This sounds textbook.

I don't want to 'believe' in abduction, but I do believe in missing time, and abduction cases which involve missing time often begin with the hearing of a high-pitched or electronic noise.

I don't know what to tell you... if you want to sit down for a few minutes and concentrate really hard on your memory of the time between when you left and looked at the clock, you might have some kind of revelation.

If you can't find any memory between those times, than I would say something happened.

One thing to keep in mind, we are entering a shift in consciousness where time speeds up. People are noticing that hours slip by without them keeping track. Time is literally flying by, but we have memories to keep track of this kind of thing. It's when you have no memory between certain periods of time that you should be worried.

I have tried what you said, and i really have no memory,
I just remember that noise, as soon as it started next to/behind me my heart went mental, and from my memories i headed straight back in,
however if my memory of the situation is true, then i wouldnt of lost half an hour doing it?

To the other replies, i dont know why i suddenly remember to take the bags out at 1:47am lol,
i was happily watching the news and then BANG thats all i could think about lol,
i just had this urge to rush outside and take the bin bags out >_

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
[more The fact that you remembered some noise just before this alleged missing time is interesting. A psychologist might usually suggest that missing time episodes are caused by dissociative identity disorders. And since you have mentioned PTSD or similar traumas, than it can be possible that you: "went somewhere else in your mind."

But, because I myself have experienced some of this myself, I'm really not convinced by this explanation as it being:"All in my head." Many abductees supposedly have some type of implants that may allow for these missing time visitations or Check-ups. So, in a way, a skull implant that can trigger or control these visits is still: "In your head."

Since you're still alive, and were able to go back in your house, it might have been just a so-called abductee Check-up. You should probably discuss this with your therapist if you have one.

Family members and friends might be aware of personality changes that can signal missing time events. But usually these events will also be noticed by you. Keep track of these missing time events. Especially if there are friends or family around with a note pad.

It's been suggested that people with DID have had traumatic events as far back as early childhood, especially since young children can be easily frightened.

Abductees have also claimed to have been long term abductess as far back as early childhood. So these memories could also be false memories that were implanted. You might consider hypnosis, that will supposedly bring out the truth. Some people with DID may eventually remember these original events when they're older.

One case I remember hearing about was related to a murder and buried body that the person forgot due to trauma and dissociation. And then was allegedly the one who had committed it.

According to some stories, many who are in prison also have DID and believe they are inocent of the crimes and were framed.
It could also be possible that they are also abductess and or witnessed a murder by others or even ETs.

Some of my so-called check-ups would happen near where I live or in my own home. Some I remember were the small greys about 4' tall with the appearance of young teenagers or little old men. Others were taller and appeared to be reptilian or were just greys in costume. Trick or Treat?

www.athealth.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What equipment is available to monitor temporal distortion?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

AmmonSeth, I think the best thing to do is to write the entire thing down as accurately and "coolly" as you possibly can, while it's still fresh in your memory and uncontaminated with hypotheses. And be sure to include as many details as possible, including the weather conditions, air pressure, hygroscopic conditions (you can get that info from most barometers - but not everyone has barometers, I know
), and your own state of mind, bodily temperature etc.

Believe me: you'll be happy you did!
So will be anyone researching such phenomena.

Are you alright today?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join