It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

Even the people closest to Ghandi can't seem to always follow his ways. As we have recently seen with his grandson. People get heated up when they feel they are not being listened to. this will never change.

Wig

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

The police are attending what should be a peaceful protest but from the start they are wearing black military body armour. This is an aggressive position to take right from the start. It is therefore understandable that their aggressive position ( what you would call an "opening move" in chess) would affect the mood/emotion of the crowd causing them to become angry towards the police. Which is what we see in the video. It is basic psychology.

I'm fairly sure that in the UK the police almost always begin to attend protests in normal uniform except for their boots, because boots take a long time to change. If the crowd get violent then the police are gradually replaced by cops in riot gear.

Regarding the guy on the bike, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I'd have thought he was arrested for obstructing a police officer, because he held his sign directly out into the face of the police video-officer. I'm not saying it was appropriate to arrest him for this - it clearly was not appropriate response to his actions. But that is the most likely reason he was arrested.

Watching this video, and other videos like it from around the world, gives a real sense of forboding of what turmoil is yet to come in the future. When the economic recession, food shortages, oil / energy shortages, water shortages all start to take effect. There is going to be a lot of bloodshed, and the house of cards will fall down.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join