It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont Town Seeks Bush, Cheney Arrests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Vermont Town Seeks Bush, Cheney Arrests

www.examiner.com

President Bush may soon have a new reason to avoid left-leaning Vermont: In one town, activists want him subject to arrest for war crimes.

A group in Brattleboro is petitioning to put an item on a town meeting agenda in March that would make Bush and Vice President Cheney subject to arrest and indictment if they visit the southeastern Vermont community.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yay, GO Vermont.

Real that big boy in, hang him out to dry like the fascist he is.

At least the message of what BushCo has been up to is spreading and seems that more action is being considered against them.

What with recent attempts to get Bush impeached, this is another slap in his face and shows him what people are now waking up to.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Bush Derangement Syndrome at it's finest. Chill out Vermont! Bush only has a little over a year left. He hasn't visited your state the whole time he has been in office, why would he start now?

The reason Bush has never been impeached is because he has done nothing that would warrant it.

Bush haters will applaud this action, but the rest of of will just shake our heads and laugh at the stupidy.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Kind of like we shake our heads and laugh at his stupidity every day. They are making a statement, hardly being stupid.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Hehe...too funny. I wonder if they can pull it off? Best of luck to them.

J.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

step out of your box for once- see the movie "rendition" and tell me that Bush has done nothing wrong.

apc

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Support for the measure is far from universal, even in Vermont, where the state Senate voted earlier this year to support impeaching the president. Anti-war rallies are regular occurrences here, and "Impeach Bush" bumper stickers are common.

That's gotta be scary. Like a clone army.

Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell, a Democrat whose office has repeatedly sued the Bush administration over environmental issues, called the move "of very dubious legality."

Eh... lawyers. Can't trust 'em.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

The reason Bush has never been impeached is because he has done nothing that would warrant it.

ok george------------yeah right

what does only having a year left have to do with it---

if we had cancer and a year left and robbed a store we would be prosecuted and pay the price--he should get no special treatment

if he's found innocent so be it, but to let it go because time is running out----is against everything america's about

i can't see how people stand by that kind of reasoning

good for them, yet it is a bit ridiculous and waist of time--he'll never go there----so just sign the petition and hope

[edit on 29-12-2007 by shortywarn]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
To impeach Bush would be nearly impossible due to the fact that Congress went along with virtually everything he's done. Way too many members of Congress have their hands dirty from this administration to actually impeach Bush. Also, what would be the point? He's got less than a year in office, and the impeachment would easily take longer than that to go through with. Hell, that might even be used as an excuse to keep him in power even longer. Either way it'd be nearly impossible to shorten his term at all, and even criminal charges are useless since he'd likely be pardoned by his successor in the Oval Office anyhow.

Also keep in mind that at the moment this is just a petition that's been proposed and has not yet passed. Stuff like this gets proposed all the time in various parts of the country so this isn't anything too new.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

This isn't so much about impeachment, this is more to do with BushCo being arrested for war crimes.

I'm almost sure that he would be up for other crimes too, like crimes against humanity.

Shame there's not one for being a dictator, unless you can all find evidence to suggest his abuse of powers (and that might turn out to be quite a long list).

Yes, most of congress have gone along with all that he has done and does make you wonder how deeply involved congress is behind all this.
And yes, they would be held accountable too. Too rightly as well.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hmmm - I thought the people in Vermont wanted to LEAVE the US - like anyone cares what they do or say anyway. Has Bush or any other US President ever visited Vermont?

A better idea might be to just kick Vermont out of the union for being generally stupid and annoying. Maybe they could join Canada - the US could have Alberta in exchange. That would be a good trade in my book.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
when we are all old and at a dinner with our grandkids....they are going to look at us and ask "What the hell were you thinking voting that guy in office." Fortunately most of us will be able to look them in the eye and say "I have no idea what they were thinking."

he WILL go down as the worst president EVER

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Reality to Vermont (and other Bush haters):

Bush and other federal elected officials have immunity from arrest and prosecution while still in office.

Which makes this whole thing just another exercise in naivity and stupidity.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
Hmmm - I thought the people in Vermont wanted to LEAVE the US - like anyone cares what they do or say anyway.

Thats right! they want to become their own country...what a flippin joke. I say good riddence let them leave.
They don't have the sense to support our president just because he isn't a left leaning democrat. I wonder why we never heard from Vermont when Slick willy was boning the fat chick in the oval office.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
LOL .... I'm just thinking back 8-10 years ago ....
a BJ in the Oval Office is looking quite trivial
in comparison to Bush's high treason......
Folks were trying to impeach Bill for trivial stuff
like this and then allow a treasonous dictator like
Bush & Cheney do whatever they want
He!! our economy was better off
with Bill, this whole country was better off with Bill.
I say bring him back and make sure Monica L. was his
head secretary ...... and next thing .....

Prosecute Bush & Cheney and don't forget the dirty Rice
with the main course.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
Monica L. was his
head secretary

well...you got this part almost right...

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

ROTFLMAO

DontHateRats if they still had Way Above ATS you'd get my vote for the funniest thing I've read on this site, ever. Keep 'em coming.

To avoid mod scolding: it's symbolic, and would that more people take such a strong interest in our own politics. So many either sit and gripe on internet forums or are just apathetic. These people are organizing to do something that needs to be done. They're raising a debate and making a statement. And they are being heard. Good for them.

Besides trashing the remnants of the Constitution, Bush could easily be tried for being a war criminal on several counts--unprovoked attack, torture of prisoners, abductions and renditions, destruction of evidence of same, and using DU weapons.

Happy new year, folks.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Look I live 10 miles from these nutbags in Brattleboro. Thankfully the Connecticut river seperates me from their utter lunacy.

This is the same town which doesn't have the testicles to ban public nudity in the downtown area. That's right bring the kiddies to Brattleboro so they can see these naked granola crunching unshaven beasts parade down Main Street expressing their freedom. Ahhh the things you see when you don't have a crossbow in the trunk!

www.ibrattleboro.com...

Let me give you all this visual as I have been in this town hundreds of times.

1. 90% of Brattleboro residents drive Subaru wagons for some reason.
2. 60% of those have the moronic "coexist" bumper stickers on them.
3. 80% of the males and 12% of the females have gray beards and pony tails
4. 70% of the women wear long hemp like dresses and bring their knitting everywhere they go.
5. And finally.....The residents there are 100% whacked out of their minds.

Take it from me, I live in Keene NH, 10 miles from this embarrasment.

Becker

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
And just a little further reading on the origianl post.

I did not want to post off topic with my visuals for everyone. Here is an article pertaining to the OP. You really must read the comments section from various readers. There is some classic material in them.

www.freerepublic.com...

Becker

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Becker44]

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Becker44]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join