It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows never to stop pursuing atomic plans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Iran vows never to stop pursuing atomic plans

www.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Iran pledged to pursue its disputed atomic program as Europe's top diplomat met Tehran's main nuclear negotiator on Friday in a last effort to avert tougher sanctions.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said late on Thursday that nothing would deflect the Islamic Republic from its pursuit of nuclear technology and that Washington had "lost" in its attempts to stop them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ukpress.google.com

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What do you think? Is some kind of military conflict with Iran now inevitable? They have clearly stated that they will NEVER back down on this issue. Something's surely got to give here.

I really do hope that we can avoid conflict... But sadly, I don't think we will.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
They have every right to obtain Nuclear technology in My Opinion and I'm glad they're not letting other countries dictate to them.

The reason Iran has taken this stance is because of the bully boy tactics employed by the West. These tactics have backfired dramatically and only made Iran more stubborn and determined.

There will be no war with Iran. The Iranians know it, the west knows it and there's nothing nobody can do it about it.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together

[edit on 30uFriday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Thanks for your response, Paul.

But what makes you so sure that there won't be any military strikes upon Iran? I wish I could share your confidence!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T
reply to post by paul76

Thanks for your response, Paul.

But what makes you so sure that there won't be any military strikes upon Iran? I wish I could share your confidence!

I don't believe a war will be instigated with Iran for a number of reasons.

The most important reason of them all is resources and money. The Americans and the U.k are already up to there necks in Iraq and Afghanistan.
There is no way either country could sustain a full on conflict with the Iranians. They simply don't have the resources, the will or the money.

Also you have to take into account the Russians and the Chinese who are allies to Iran. Neither of these two countries will take kindly to the West invading Iran and gaining a stranglehold on yet more of the Worlds oil.
Relations are already strained between the West and Russia in respect to the missile defence saga.

Another factor is people opinions. I don't think the Wests propaganda machine has had the desired affect on the people. I don't believe the people of this world would accept another war with Iran. The World is fed up with war and if you take a look around the World you will see a lot of elections are being won on the basis of non war or withdrawal of there troops.

I don't believe the good people will be fooled twice into an illegal war fueled by false propaganda.

There are some crazy people who would love to go to war with Iran but fortunately this time sense seems to be prevailling.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I hope you are right Paul.
The US have got a problem whatever happens-If they have a war with Iran they must surely know it will wreck their teetering economy,like what happened to the Soviets in Afghanistan.If they back down now extremist elements in Iran will make out is if they have beaten"the great satan,"which could drum up even more support for anti western groups in the region.

Thing is,if the boot was on the other foot-say if China started threatening us with annihilation if we carried on building nuclear technologys/weapons(which we really do have),How would we or the Americans react?

Would we do what we expect Iran to do-back down,get rid of all nuclear stuff?

Or would we raise the finger and say "hell no-who are you to tell us how to behave?"

I believe it would be the latter.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Letting the Iranians obtain nuclear weapons is suicide, they have made it very clear that if they obtain nuclear weapons they will use them on Israel. Not to mention they have also made it clear on more than one occasion they would use them on us.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Letting the Iranians obtain nuclear weapons is suicide, they have made it very clear that if they obtain nuclear weapons they will use them on Israel. Not to mention they have also made it clear on more than one occasion they would use them on us.

Why would a country with such a proud history use Nuclear weapons knowing the consequences would result in the end of the countries existence?

No country in the world would use Nuclear weapons in this day and age as it would result in the beginning of the end, apart from a few fat cats and the elite of course who would be residing in there bunkers.

The only reason for the West not wanting Iran to have nukes is because they would be on a even keel. They would be a major power with technology to defend themselves against the superpowers of the world.

This is all about keeping Iran toothless and it's not going to work.

The quicker the West realises that times are changing the better.

Please give me a source of where the Iranians said they would use Nuclear weapons against Israel, U.k, USA etc, etc.

[edit on 30uFriday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

Where and when did they make it clear that as soon as they got a bomb they would use it on Israel?The Jerusalem post perhaps?

Wouldn't they be more likely to just sit on their bombs and tell the world they have them,so as to prevent further western meddling and aggression?

I have heard many media outlets say Iran will destroy Israel-but I have not heard anyone from the Iran gov say the same thing.

"Iran supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country"

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't here of them being constantly persecuted,and if they were it would be all over the news I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

No country in the world would use Nuclear weapons in this day and age as it would result in the beginning of the end

Iranian President Mahmoud's Ahmadinejad's mystical pre-occupation with the coming of a Shiite Islamic messiah figure – the Mahdi – is raising concerns that a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic could trigger the kind of global conflagration he envisions will set the stage for the end of the world.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Where and when did they make it clear that as soon as they got a bomb they would use it on Israel?The Jerusalem post perhaps?

Ahmadinejad sparked widespread international condemnation in October when he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

[edit on 30-11-2007 by JadePhoenix]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
AHA,good ol worldnetdaily-I was nearly right...

That thing about "wiped of the face of the earth"

"Our dear Imam (referring to Ayatollah Khomeini) said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine."

from the 2005 "world without zionism" speech.

en.wikipedia.org...

Was the quote in question I believe.Well read it again.
Israel wiped off the map-I think not.
Occupation kicked out of Palestine as stated by Khomeini,not the iranian pres-I think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
There will be no war with Iran. The Iranians know it, the west knows it and there's nothing nobody can do it about it.

Is it me or you have a biased view regarding this event (or non event depending how you see things)

O.k Iran never signed up anything so yes, they're in their "plain right", I grant you that one.

But, if you imagine one second there will be no war this is wrong.
It will be "official" involving western countries or passing through black ops all that masterminded by yours truly...the cia. It's just a matter of which kind of war it will be.
The "story" will certainly not remain as is. I bet all my money on it.

There are few clues to come to this conclusion: economic state of the us/"the world", China growing, Russia rumbling, natural resources about to be "rare".

At this point in time and after assembling the few pieces of the puzzle I would bet my money on the second option.Considering America has an empty bank account and that Europe is more on the friend-to-friend type of debate.

An official war would cost a pretty penny that's all I mean hence the 2nd option. Just a guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

We will go to war with Iran.
I would like for you read my thoughts on this subject. I think you might find this thread useful.

How Wars Are Born

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Was the quote in question I believe.Well read it again.
Israel wiped off the map-I think not.
Occupation kicked out of Palestine as stated by Khomeini,not the iranian pres-I think so.

Ahmadinejad sparked widespread international condemnation in October when he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

www.cnn.com...

Notice the word HE in that sentence-I think so.

One of his most criticized statements was one in which, according to some translations, he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map,"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If the the West were going to attack Iran they would have done so by now in my opinion. The time has passed I'm afraid hence the reason the Iranians are rubbing salt into the wounds of the West. The West response is to keep the pressure up by going through the UN to give the Iranians more sanctions which is nothing new to them and wont affect them in the slightest.

Make no Bones about it a war with Iran will be a proper war, not some exercise like the Iraq war where the army fell to bits from the beginning.

This war will be ferocious resulting in many many thousand of your soldiers dieing. Coalition troops in Iraq and others based around the middle east will be sitting ducks. It will be a savage war and a massive mistake.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He never said `wiped from the map` in his speach - stop posting the cnn / fox words as , well there wrong.

what he said (in Farsi)

Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Pay attention to what was said - he is talking about a regime change not war.

there have been regime changes without war - The removal of the Shah of Iran and the collapse of the Soviet Union are 2 such examples.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well posted Harlequin,
Indeed-the imam said regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.

Slightly different to "Israel must be wiped off the map"

Media hype really works on some people I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
They have every right to obtain Nuclear technology in My Opinion and I'm glad they're not letting other countries dictate to them.

The title to this thread might just as well be "Iran vows never to stop pursuing plans to turn significant parts of their country into green glass"

Why should iran have nuclear weapons? The "just because other countries do" is hardly a valid answer, when the world needs less countries with nuclear weapons.

So what can the reason be? Oh wait, could it be the hidden agenda of all these proponents of iranian nuclear weapons that this is their best hope for the destruction of Israel, and perhaps even attacks on the U.S.?

I wonder ...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the first link goes to a news page about todays talks in the EU...

anyway

www.reuters.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - Iran's main nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili said it was unacceptable to expect Tehran to abandon the enrichment of uranium.

"Iran is a member of the NPT (Non-Proliferation Treaty) which means it has the right to enrich uranium. It's unacceptable for Iran to abandon its right to enrichment when it is carrying out its obligations," Jalili told reporters.

[edit on 30/11/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If U/S comes in war with Iran, that would cost quadrillions or quintillions of dollars, don't you think?

That would suck...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join