It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KSLA TV test Chemtrail fallout and finds Barium

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
hi there ,

to add to the Chemtrail debate i thought i would add this :

"CHEMTRAILS: Is U.S. Gov't. Secretly Testing Americans 'Again'? "

www.ksla.com...
www.ksla.com...
click on chemtrail story.

"KSLA News 12 had the sample tested at a lab. The results: A high level of barium, 6.8 parts per million, (ppm). That's more than three times the toxic level set by the Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA.
Armed with these lab results about the high levels of barium found in our sample, we decided to contact the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. They told us that, 'yes,' these levels are very unusual. But at the same time they added the caveat that proving the source is a whole 'nother matter."

cheers

snoopyuk

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 10/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Barium thing is often brought up when people talk of chemtrails.
I am not saying these spraying programs don't exist,but I do wonder if Barium could :

A: already be present in the atmosphere for some other reason?

or

B:be a by product of jet fuel vapour?

Just a thought

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Since Barium is used in a crap load of stuff why would it be purposely used in a chem trail? Even at 3 times the set safety levels it means little when used high in an atmosphere as it dissipates. Even if a person is put in a closed room for long periods with 3 times the set safety limit there would not be any real effect other than a chance for increased medical problems down the road.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The other day I saw some chemtrail ...... and later in the day I discovered some snails in my garden.

Which can only mean one thing: chemtrails are actually snails!

(well, that seems to be the logic employed here
)

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

at the risk of being toldoff for a one liner post ....

nice one essan !!! pure chemtrail logic at its best !!

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I find chem trails much like the 9/11 conspiracies in that once you start to look at the massive logistics needed and the huge amount of people involved to pull it all off it starts to unravel. In the case of chem trail just imagine the 1000s of 55 gallon drums needed to transport all this stuff to the planes, and the systems that would actually be on those planes. I guess that is why unemployment is at an all time low.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I know one liners and posts just to agree arent really "kosher"....but Esan....that was just fabulous. hahahahaha

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It was also fabulous on the video all the experiments said to have been done in the past on the american public.

The news anchor also said that up until 9 years ago it was still legal to do secret experiments on the public, but due to outcry of citizens it was only allowed in special circumstances now.

I don't really find this a laughing matter, but those who must, must.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
The news anchor also said that up until 9 years ago it was still legal to do secret experiments on the public, but due to outcry of citizens it was only allowed in special circumstances now.

Special circumstances?!! What sort of special circumstances?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We don't get to know because they are both "special" and "secret"

But there is a confirmed increase in barium from somewhere and it has been implicated many times in the chemtrail debates.

I should do some research on it's qualities.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Scientific method...

I love how the "sample" was "collected."

Soon after a recent episode he saw particles in the air. "We'd see it drop to the ground in a haze," added Nichols. He then noticed the material collecting on the ground.

"This is water and stuff that I collected in bowls. I had it sitting out in my backyard in my dad's pick-up truck," said Nichols as he handed us a mason jar in the KSLA News 12 parking lot back in September after driving down from Arkansas.

www.ksla.com...

Mason jar? The Illuminati, Bilderbergers, TriLaterals and your local chapter of the Rainbow Girls must be in on this.

Those silly local "newsies;" playing "scientist."

[edit on 10/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Those silly local "newsies;" playing "scientist."

You know what they say?

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it!

Edit to fix something.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight.

Some dude, Bill Nichols, collects "something" into a bowl on the ground:

"We'd see it drop to the ground in a haze," added Nichols. He then noticed the material collecting on the ground.
"This is water and stuff that I collected in bowls. I had it sitting out in my backyard in my dad's pick-up truck," said Nichols as he handed us a mason jar in the KSLA News 12 parking lot back in September after driving down from Arkansas.

And he handed it over to a reporter, who in turn, turned it over to a lab.

Hmmmm.

So, there is NO WAY that Mr Nichols created this sample on his own, maybe in his garage? No way that this sample was manipulated at all, to proove an agenda he has?

Sorry, but this is NO PROOF IMO. Some dude collecting something on his own and having to take his word that its all legit.

This doesnt proove it for me.

Oh, and this little bit:

.... Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality....But at the same time they added the caveat that proving the source is a whole 'nother matter

Ryan told us ....that his Poison Control Center has seen no calls about barium exposure.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here are some interesting facts on Barium. I had no idea what it was and where it was found until now:

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

What is barium?

Barium is a silvery-white metal which exists in nature only in ores containing mixtures of elements. It combines with other chemicals such as sulfur or carbon and oxygen to form barium compounds.

Barium compounds are used by the oil and gas industries to make drilling muds. Drilling muds make it easier to drill through rock by keeping the drill bit lubricated. They are also used to make paint, bricks, ceramics, glass, and rubber.

Barium sulfate is sometimes used by doctors to perform medical tests and to take x-rays of the gastrointestinal tract.

What happens to barium when it enters the environment?

Barium gets into the air during the mining, refining, and production of barium compounds, and from the burning of coal and oil.
The length of time that barium will last in air, land, water, or sediments depends on the form of barium released.

Barium compounds, such as barium sulfate and barium carbonate, which do not dissolve well in water, can last a long time in the environment.
Barium compounds, such as barium chloride, barium nitrate, or barium hydroxide, that dissolve easily in water usually do not last in these forms for a long time in the environment. The barium in these compounds that is dissolved in water quickly combines with sulfate or carbonate that are naturally found in water and become the longer lasting forms (barium sulfate and barium carbonate).

Fish and aquatic organisms can accumulate barium.

How might I be exposed to barium?

Ingesting small amounts present in your food and water or breathing air containing very low levels of barium.
Living in areas with unusually high natural levels of barium in the drinking water.
Working in a job that involves barium production or use.
Living or working near waste sites where barium has been disposed of

Be interesting to find out the living/environment conditions of Mr. Nicols, where he works, etc etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

So, there is NO WAY that Mr Nichols created this sample on his own, maybe in his garage? No way that this sample was manipulated at all, to proove an agenda he has?

So here we go again, nothing to see here folks, just another "dude" with an agenda wasting his time collecting fluid in bowls to make the local news.

What some people won't do for attention!

I wonder just what his agenda might be?

But then again this isn't about Mr. Nichols, this is about potential barium levels collected by some average joe based on his concern for public safety and most likely lack of interest in agencies with resources to do high tech tests.

IMO

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Seems they have had a problem with this in Arkansas where Nichols is from...and it wasnt coming from thei air:

www.arktimes.com...

Cassat said soil samples from the cove also indicated elevated levels of barium

Also, some more info on Barium (in case anyone else is interested)

6.2.1 Air
Estimated combined releases of 2.51 million pounds (1,140 metric tons) of barium (0.35 million pounds)
and barium compounds (2.16 million pounds) to the atmosphere from 1,107 domestic manufacturing and
processing facilities in 2004, accounted for about 1.09% of the estimated total environmental releases
from facilities required to report to the TRI (TRI04 2006). These releases are summarized in Tables 6-1
and 6-2.

Barium is released primarily to
the atmosphere as a result of industrial emissions during the mining,
refining, and production of barium and barium chemicals, fossil fuel combustion (Miner 1969a), and

www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp24-c6.pdf

Basically there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that the barium he found in his water collection, came from jets.
[edit on 10-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 10-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
thanks greeneyedleo ,
for posting the barium data, hopefully people will now realise barium comes from many places and is quite common.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The disinfo agents and neocon nutbags are all over this site spreading their disease. I find it best just to ignore them no matter how seemingly intelligent they may sound.

They really are just tools for some incredibly mean people. This means they are not very intelligent and undeserving of our quotes and comments.

They are tools- so just try to keep that in mind.

Carry on....

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Is that the ONLY thing you have to offer here? Name calling? You have contributed nothing to this conversation except calling people names whom dont agree with you. Im sure that would never be labeled as "intelligent"

Im pretty sure that is against TOA here. Here, read up on common courtesy here: Play Nice

Good Lord.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 13-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Reply to greeneyedleo

What makes you think the poster was talking to you?

I didn't see reference to anyone in particular and as far as the statement the poster you referred to calls anyone names who doesn't agree with him..... well I see no opinion offered by poster to be disagreed with therefore your statement makes no sense.

I smelled disinfo agents all over this thread.

Some of you aren't doing a very good job of hiding your agenda.

Edit to add who I was replying to.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by interestedalways]

<<   2  3 >>

join