It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl gets detention for hugging friends

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Good thread Simius-got me angry already and i've only just got up.

That's what I do best amigo. Why do you think I'm a legend? I have a legendary ability to piss people off.

hahahahahahahah

Now, on a serious note, it's only getting worse. I actually am of the belief that this restriction on kids will have an opposite effect as they get older.

IE: Turning them into whores who can't maintain any sort of long lasting relationship because they never developed a true sense of "caring".

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: Sorry guys, "whores" seems to be my word for today. Forgive.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Well I guess that could be one reason for all this BS, or could the schools just be trying to cover theit butts from sexual harrasment suits? No toutchy no suey?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
It's gotta be some system for desensitizing them to others. I swear, it HAS to.

I think you are right. They want the kids to grow up without self confidence so they make excellent workers that never questions authority. Their feeling of value will come from what the authority says. Like in the military. Is it a coincidence that the US is becoming increasingly militaristic? I think not.

This is so sick... and it must be fought. Why arent parents rebelling against this? Are there parents who agree with this policy? Or are they just afraid that their kid will get expelled if they do something?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

There MUST be parents that agree with this, otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to continue.

Hell, look at how easily and quickly Christmas and Halloween have almost fallen apart as being "fun" holidays.

What was yesterday's Halloween carnival is today's "Fall Festival" and Merry Christmas is now "Happy Holidays"......it's all got to be tied in some how.

I'm in the middle of town and do you know how many knocks I got Halloween night? 4, yes 4!!! 5 years ago it would have been 400.

Everything that makes being a kid fun is being taken away and parents are falling right in line with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Yeah... this is not good. Just look at China and how their kids grow up under extreme authority and become worker bees for the rest of their lifes. They even commit suicide when they commit severe mistakes on the job because they take it so seriously.

This trend of the government owning people must stop. The government are there to serve the people, not the other way around! Have people forgotten that?

You have no freedom if the government can do whatever they damn please without anyone reacting to it. I know that in France, they have regular large scale demonstrations that stop traffic for days to keep their government in check, and it works. Maybe you should try the same in the US.

Just one example from 2006... 3 million people demonstrating against the "easy hire, easy fire" laws: Link.

"We have the government on the run," said Sébastien, 21, a history student from Paris 5 University. "But we must not give up in the final straight. Chirac may think that he can come back with a new law which is not much different than the first one. We are here to show him that he is wrong."

And that law is NOTHING compared to the oppressive laws the US is creating.

Wake up America!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I agree 110%, once again Copernicus, you are speakin my language.

If you can figure out a way to really mass organize these sheep over here, please let me know.

It seems the only place any rallies actual garner any semblance of success is in the HUGE cities like NYC, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I dont know... I think its a attitude thing. People in the US would probably become angry if fellow Americans demonstrated for something in a way that disturbs their way to work or whatever. From what I gather from France, its not like that there. Everybody knows that demonstrations are good for the country, and they accept it and take part if they agree. There seems to be a feeling of pride in being part of making a difference. The entire POINT of a demonstration is to make it difficult for the government to ignore, hence it MUST disturb the peace and order!

I dont know how to reach everybody in the US... your media is so controlled and on the side of the corporations. They didnt even report the peace demonstrations I think... its ridiculous. They are not on your side, like they should be. Like they are, in other smaller countries. I know Russia and China have propaganda press too though, but now that America is going the same way, people dont react.

Its very difficult to reach the masses when the mass media is so controlled. The Internet can only go so far.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
Well I guess that could be one reason for all this BS, or could the schools just be trying to cover theit butts from sexual harrasment suits? No toutchy no suey?

Good theory. I like it better than my own. It's much simpler.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yeah... this is not good. Just look at China and how their kids grow up under extreme authority and become worker bees for the rest of their lifes.

You wouldn't mind telling me where you got this info. Someone has fed you a lot of BS. I live in PR China and I don't mean Hong Kong or Macao, the mainland. Here the problem is that they spoil the kids.

Please define "worker bees". The work week generally consists of 8 - 10 hours a day 5 days a week. However, a lot of the little factories also work on Saturday. They do have labor laws too and they are enforced.

They even commit suicide when they commit severe mistakes on the job because they take it so seriously.

They change jobs around here faster than you can change your BVD's, so its not to serious. It is hard enough to find a good employee let alone one that will stay. They have the"grass is greener on the other side of the fence" syndrome.

Please don't believe what the US gov tells you about China. They are not poor people, the standard of living is very good. Little to no crime, however they are working on the corruption problem.

[on topic] It is sad that the US has come to this point. What once was a free country has now become a police state. When a student can't even give a fellow student a hug without getting in trouble, the country has gone to the dogs.

I said it could never happen, I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I know Russia and China have propaganda press too though, but now that America is going the same way, people dont react.

As for China, not so much anymore, it is now keep-um in the dark. The internet has provided the people with a valuable source of independent information so they try and block the sources. As for the televised news, they block any bad press thinking the masses won't find out. They play the population for a fool but thy are only fooling themselves. The population already knows.

Thank God for the net.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
You wouldn't mind telling me where you got this info. Someone has fed you a lot of BS. I live in PR China and I don't mean Hong Kong or Macao, the mainland. Here the problem is that they spoil the kids.

Please define "worker bees". The work week generally consists of 8 - 10 hours a day 5 days a week. However, a lot of the little factories also work on Saturday. They do have labor laws too and they are enforced.

Please don't believe what the US gov tells you about China. They are not poor people, the standard of living is very good. Little to no crime, however they are working on the corruption problem.

Thank you. Yes, I do confess that my knowledge of China is very poor, and I havent even been there so I shouldnt really jump to conclusions. I think you are right - most of my knowledge of the country does come from the US media and Hollywood movies...

We dont hear enough about how things really work in China I think. Thanks for your post.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When I see stories like this one, I feel very happy that I already have my children out of school and out of the BS system that we have in our society and within our public school system.

Why so much outrage at news like this my friends?.

You all know that the only reason this so call Rules and regulations in schools are the product of parents no paying enough attention of what is going on with the self appointed authority groups that rules our society and our school system.

Where are the parents when the School boards were voting on this type of ridiculous rules?

People this are no laws just rules, you as a parent can fight back and make a big deal out iof it.

Are you too busy to file complain and visit your school board and demand attention?

When my children were in school the school board knew me by name because I was always making a big deal when something was bothering my children.

I bet they are very happy to have me and my children out of the school system.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Another classic example of how rediculous things are getting. God I wish I'd been alive in the 60's!

I don't blame the teachers though, they must be as confused as us, with so many new rules being thrown at them that they have to enforce, I bet they don't know whether they're coming or going. Suspend a student for hugging, or get the sack for not suspending the student? Amazing choices

I blame the authorities in charge of education who are so out of touch with today's youngsters its unbelievable. Excellent thread

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
School teachers today are idiots.

I've had many dealings with the school system here in NM and I'm appalled by not only their lack of intelligence, but their lack of honesty and integrity, as well.

Before anyone goes ballistic, this is not true of all, but idiotic rules such as the one cited here and the many other incidents we hear of in schools on a regular basis in the media are not the result of a school system that is manned by intelligent and honest people.

More accurately, however, the best term for these people is desparate, which in some way impairs their cognitive functioning and their judgement.

Most are not that smart to begin with, but when they are beaten down by an oppressive bueraucracy, what faculties they have are diminished dramatically.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hmm. If someone lucky enough to be on a watchlist (that of course would only happen to a confirmed terrorist) needs to be detained by Homeland Security, they could just come onto any public place and do a detainin', and no one would do anything or even care. Why? Because there is no substantial relationship, so there is no big loss.

If all your friends are just icons, well, that is just another one to delete with the junk email.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

maybe he wanted a hug too but didnt get one

political correctness is just ridiculous now a days

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No argument from me at all. I think there IS something fishy going on here.

Hugging is a part of human bonding. Appropriate touch should be taught in said school so that there is an understanding between teachers and students.

Suspending a person from school for hugging their friends goodbye is like court marshaling a solider for hugging their family before they go off to a mission.

Did they find this head master in the trash can out back?

[edit on 11/7/2007 by TheExaminer]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is Ludicrous. I am glad this didn't happen when I was in school. I would have probly got in trouble so much they would have expelled me......

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

haha.

Visit this thread to see my opinion on political correctness.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sounds like more of this zero tolerance crap that I was hoping the schools were starting to get away from.

I mean seriously, detention for a hug? some people have to get with it, and those that are against people actually being nice, well, I know what they badly need to get, but saying it in a public forum would be indiscreet.

makes you wonder though about the little 6 year old boy and if the girls parents were put up to it. I mean, really, it defies logic.

forget about turning kids into robots, if its this far, the parents already have been and now they're just instilling it onto thier kids, and letting teh schools help it.

dang sheeple make me sick

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join