It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons why America is Going to Hell in a Handbasket.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
5. Political Correctness - Not only has the "philosophy" of political correctness stripped us of our testicles in this country, it has also managed to make us feel bad about ourselves for using words that were perfectly commonplace several years ago. Hey, we've got the slavery and genocide carried out by our ancestors to keep us guilty for the next few centuries. Let's wait until then to worry about whether or not ordering our coffee "black" will offend someone.

4. Political Corruption - The system of checks and balances seems to have long gone out the door. This should have been confirmed for MANY when the democrats took a bit of control last November yet, nothing at all changed. While we are busy fighting to "spread democracy", we at home have to wonder if our votes even count when it comes to our elections.

3. Perpetual War for Profit - Still stuck in Iraq after 5 years and nothing has been accomplished. Unless you count a bunch of millionaires becoming billionaires and 4000+ American lives being lost as something. And for what? The only logical answer: MONEY..."OH! But we got Saddam out of power!" Bah, Saddam hasn't hurt any of us over here on American soil, at least the last time I checked.

2. The Federal Reserve System - Everyday we get to hear about the nation's "debt". And who are we indebted to? A small group of rich bankers who made a killing by convincing our government that issuing money that had no solid backing (such as gold or silver) was the good way to go. Our economy is rapidly falling apart and it seems as if nothing will be done about it. A guy named Kennedy tried to fix this mess once, though I hear something bad happened to that guy. Who owns America? The Federal Reserve Board, that's who. We could have our economy fixed by tomorrow morning, if the source of our economic problems weren't the ones in charge of our economy.

1. Apathy - The American public, as a whole, knows more about what happened on Big Brother or UFC last night than they know about the workings of their own government. The only thing sadder than that is, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A [snip]! The stresses of everyday life have become too much of a hassle for us here in the land o' the free. We have slipped to the point where we have forgotten that freedom is not just given away, it is EARNED. We have been fed more and more crap to keep us placated over the years so the crooks can run amok without us putting up much, if any, fight. It's time to WAKE THE [snip] UP AMERICA! What good are your television and cell phones gonna do ya when you are inside on of those FEMA run concentration camps? If nothing else, I guess you can always take pictures of your fellow detainees with your camera phone. Apathy is going to kill this country quicker than anything else. Unless us American's make a concious effort to get off of our collective [snip] and change a few things, violently if necessary, we stand as much chance as an ice cube in [snip]
Jasn

NOTE: Mirthful, proceed. (Just try not to make it Rant alright? That forum is dead as all [snip] and this isn't a rant....it's a commentary haha.)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by elevatedone]

Note: elevatedone, hell (as in the place) is a curse word? I must say, I am confused by this edit.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Once again, I find myself completely agreeing with you. There is really nothing I can add other than I think more and more people are coming to these same conclusions. Hopefully it is not too late.

There is a new book out which I think will add to your list. I intend to read it as I have seen several interviews with the author and the subject will be provocative to say the least. Here is a review.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Amen to that. The real question is how do we deal with all of this? I am having a hard time picturing the next day as is. Always turn on the news or talk radio waiting to hear how the stock market has collapsed, or we are now at war with Iran. At the moment I am trying to find the a nice isolated location to build a nice little farm on and settle there in a few years. Won't want to live in a major city in a decade or two.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Great post Simius, hopefully true Amercans will stand up and be counted when the time comes. All of the problems you mention are affecting us here in Australia. We are riding the coat-tails of a culture of dishonest euphemism, greed for short term profit, false war and apathy.

These are sad times, times when the greatest nations in the world need to stand up and lead but they are held back by corruption and rot from within.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Ya know, I read your whole post. Then, I went back and read it again. I read it a third time, trying to find SOMETHING I could argue with.

Nuthin.

So, being the gentleman I am, I starred it and I now say to you[snip]excellent post!

Fake wars for fake money by fake people giving fake reasons.

Fakin idiots!
Starred,
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalShiver

As far as the HOW....I honestly have no idea. I would personally like to lead "Jasn's blockhead (to quote Peanuts) thumping brigade" to wake people up. However, I'm pretty sure that knocking door to door and smacking someone in the head with any object (even if it's a newspaper) is considered illegal. That being what it is, I guess I have to work on plan 2, which is to be developed at a later date.

There are already radio and (limited) television shows out there that are trying to wake people up. Sadly, as much as we'd like to think they are working, they seem to have little overall effect.

I don't know if America has any good revolutions left in her...but I certainly hope she does because we are in dire need of one. However, if the next revolution is anything like the last (IE: A bunch of people getting [snip] I fear the cause may be lost. The only thng that really was accomplished during that last "movement" was some decent and some pretty crappy music.

Then again, maybe what we need is another John Lennon. This time though, a bit more violent and effective. The time for peace has passed.

As far as the other responses thus far, I thank you all.

Jasn

Edit: Spelling error. The one I caught anyway haha.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Addendum to "Political Corruption".

This two party system crap we have going in this country is for the freakin birds. Anyone that honestly believes there is a difference between a republican and a democrat needs their head examined. (Not to mention a visit from Jasn's blockhead thumping brigade.) As said by Lewis Black the one difference is, "The republican party is a party of bad ideas, and the democratic party is a party of no ideas." The whole ideology of bipartisan politics is one that needs to meet it's end. Until the day a third party candidate truly stands a chance of election in this country, I will consider our whole election system completely corrupt. The day a third party candidate does get a fighting chance, then my opinion will shift to just majorly corrupt.

This political system of ours has a [snip] long way to go before they have a right to ANY of our respect. Those that do give respect to this corrupt system, are giving it away far too easily.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
5. Political Correctness -
4. Political Corruption -
3. Perpetual War for Profit -
2. The Federal Reserve System -
1. Apathy -

SimiusDei, you hit these five nails exactly on their heads.
You have the guts to say it, as others stay silent.
You say in my opinion the truth, and nothing but the truth.
You know, because we don’t live in America, will not say, that we are blind for the things that are happening over there.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thank you very much. Those "guts" you speak of get me in trouble a bit here on ATS (note the little red warn devil under my avatar), but hey, that's why I'm the ATS Archvillain.

I wanted to go with "Resident A-hole" but they deemed that inappropriate.

Thanks again,
Jasn

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

(note the little red warn devil under my avatar)

I see it, I never seeing something like that before.
So, there is a change then, that I can expect it either, because I support you in this case.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

yep, the little red warn devils can pop up anytime around here at ol' ATS.....but...FEAR NOT! They are usually quite justified.

On to the topic at hand. Things need to change pretty quickly, or else we are all in for a world of hurt. Those of you outside the United States, I'm afraid it's your problem as well. You don't want this monster, that is the U.S. run by a corrupt government, after you as well.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to On to the topic at hand. Things need to change pretty quickly, or else we are all in for a world of hurt. Those of you outside the United States, I'm afraid it's your problem as well. You don't want this monster, that is the U.S. run by a corrupt government, after you as well.

Actually the biggest problem is we need to know about everything on hourly bases, and the news no matter which one will work hard to get it to us. We will fret daily for weeks on end over something that never happens. Everyone sees their world coming to some end in the near future but then time goes by and their world is still here.

Fret away my friend…

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am in no way an "end of the world" type.

However, the world is quickly becoming a mere shadow of it's once great self.

Unless we act things here will be forever changed for the worse.

Apathy is a killer.

Jasn

[edit on 9-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
removed by Jasn.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Five reasons huh, here's a few more reasons why America is going straight to Hell in a handbasket...

6. Gays, Lesbians and bisexuals have become as acceptable in modern society as Mom's apple pie. Anyone who dares to voice disapproval of such things is branded as a bigot and cast off as insignificant.

7. Black racism against whites is an epidemic. The NAACP is no longer for civil rights equality, they are now for the detriment of the white race. The organization has evolved into a legal and untouchable group of racists and black supremacists.

8. Women are being elevated to near God-like status. You can't watch TV, a movie, or even surf the internet without seeing women being glorified in some way while simultaneously, men are portrayed more and more as powerless simpletons.

9. Chastising and honestly disciplining your kids is now considered an archaic approach. These days most anyone under 18 is treated as a precious child, regardless of what a piece of crap they may be. Adults however are ridiculed and judged severely with a zero-tolerance policy for mistakes.

10. Free speech and individualism are shunned now by most of society. No one is remotely interested in hearing anyone else's views, everyone just put on their blinders and fall in line to graze with all the other mindless sheep.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
11. Society as a whole turning their backs on the foundations of Godly principles great nations where built apon.

I'm not talking about organized religion, but the upholding of moral guidelines for our own benefit. Turning our backs on these principles has made us morally corrupt, and cast us into the mess we find ourselves in today.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Actually the biggest problem is we need to know about everything on hourly bases, and the news no matter which one will work hard to get it to us. We will fret daily for weeks on end over something that never happens. Everyone sees their world coming to some end in the near future but then time goes by and their world is still here.

Fret away my friend…

Hmm, Xtrozero,

Let's see if I can sum up that post?...Ignorance is bliss, so don't worry, be happy!

But bad things do happen in this world, and societies do come apart from time to time, causing enormous suffering and destruction in their wakes. The Roman empire collapsed and I'm sure there were many Romans who thought as you did before their heads were lopped off in the Sack of Rome. The French and Russian and Chinese Cultural revolutions, likewise. History is littered with such societal implosions. Until the very end, many of those most effected simply could not believe history could snap like the San Andreas fault and realign itself so violently.

So, let's deny a little ignorance and pull our heads out of the sand and objectively analyze our situation. Forewarned is forearmed. (okay, that's the last cliche of the post.
)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
6. Gays, Lesbians and bisexuals have become as acceptable in modern society as Mom's apple pie. Anyone who dares to voice disapproval of such things is branded as a bigot and cast off as insignificant.

Well..they are human beings.
By understanding that, it's not a bad thing, it reflects a maturity of a society when it's no longer controlled by medieval arcane views.

And, I don't think America is "going to hell" for becoming a more socially acceptable and understanding to others.

It's something you should be proud of.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
11. Society as a whole turning their backs on the foundations of Godly principles great nations where built apon.

I'm not talking about organized religion, but the upholding of moral guidelines for our own benefit. Turning our backs on these principles has made us morally corrupt, and cast us into the mess we find ourselves in today.

Funny, the morally corrupt had a fair poke at running these 'godly' institutions didn't they?

If anything it is the abandonment of individual spirituality, communion with nature and the venal, shallow distractions offered to us by our slave-masters (who at times have included all monotheistic churches) that have led to the degradation of society in general.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
Five reasons huh, here's a few more reasons why America is going straight to Hell in a handbasket...

If by hell you mean world war three ( AKA Germany not so long ago) i suppose so.

That's a perception the media is trying to indoctrinate people with but it's far from the truth as you would know if you actually TALKED TO PEOPLE.

7. Black racism against whites is an epidemic.

No it is not. The racist system that leads to a great proportion of African Americans landing up in American jail speaks volumes as to who the real racist are. I know what racism is and i can tell you who is normally responsible for it.

The NAACP is no longer for civil rights equality, they are now for the detriment of the white race.

Detriment of the white race that still owns and runs this planet too such a massive extent? Your kidding, right?

The organization has evolved into a legal and untouchable group of racists and black supremacists.

Maybe you should think of a number 7 that corresponds with reality....

8. Women are being elevated to near God-like status.

Sex objects are deserving of god-like status? You think the largely American dominated media groupings are doing the women of the world any great favours?

You can't watch TV, a movie, or even surf the internet without seeing women being glorified in some way while simultaneously, men are portrayed more and more as powerless simpletons.

Well i don't think the first is true but i would not mind if men were more often portrayed as powerful simpletons that endangers their families and themselves by believing in so much of the corporate propaganda they see.

9. Chastising and honestly disciplining your kids is now considered an archaic approach.

Not really but i suppose you want the school teachers and other state agents to discipline your kids for you? Do you really believe that type of punishment should be meted out by anyone other than the parent?

These days most anyone under 18 is treated as a precious child, regardless of what a piece of crap they may be.

You should travel and go look at the third world and if not that simply look at the way western , and especially American schools, are destroying children's capacity to reason and act productively in their own best interest. The media illusion of well treated children is just a facade to cover up what is really being done to the children of this world trough public education and TV non culture in general.

Adults however are ridiculed and judged severely with a zero-tolerance policy for mistakes.

If that was so we should lock up every family who does not have a mother of father at home to raise the children to be actual human beings. Since this is not the case we know that the system will mostly act only against those parents who are in fact abusing their children ( so they may establish a legal basis for state ownership of children) or teaching them how to be unique people.

10. Free speech and individualism are shunned now by most of society.

Not true and don't know how you came up with that. There was a time when there were as many gods as people and people got along at least as well as they do these days; i don't want to hear anything about 'humanity' shunning individualism.

No one is remotely interested in hearing anyone else's views, everyone just put on their blinders and fall in line to graze with all the other mindless sheep.

I like to advise people who have a problem with humanity to pack their bags and find another species and planet as we clearly don't need any more fundamentalist fools around.....

Stellar

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join