It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl gets detention for hugging friends

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Girl gets detention for hugging friends

www.stltoday.com

A 13-year-old junior high school student was given two days of detention after school officials spotted her hugging friends after school last Friday.

Megan Coulter, an eighth-grade student at Mascoutah Middle School, was hugging her friends goodbye after school Friday when vice principal, Randy Blakely, saw her and told her she would receive two after-school detentions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Standing in the hall and making out with your girlfriend/boyfriend = PDA

Feeling up said bf/gf at school or school function = PDA

Hugging friends at the end of the school day is NOT PDA, at least not of a level that should be freaking punished.

Am I the only one that is fully convinced that there is some plan to totally desensitize our children and teach them that caring for others is wrong?

In what way, shape or form is hugging a friend at school legitimate reasoning for detention?

Jasn

www.stltoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
And here is another example.

Mother says student disciplined for hugging/consoling fellow student.

Ridiculous.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There has been a lot of "buzz" about schools going anti-hug as of late. Why is it so bad even durring school to just give your buddy a hug? I understand that one school "outlawed" hugging because it was getting out of hand, people getting hugged who did not want it, holding up the halls, ect. What ever happend to human contact = good? The kids in school right now are going to be so messed up it's really starting to scare me. A big
to the education that our kids are getting.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
What does PDA stand for?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It stands for Personal Display of Affection.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Listen... I dont know what it is about America these days, but you are seriously going nuts. This is the kind of stuff that nobody in Europe would even think of.

I even have a hard time believing this is for real... seriously. Have they gone completely mad? Is this a christian thing? I dont get it. This is absolutely insane.

I cant even express how sick this is using words. Kids being prevented from showing affection? Are they kidding me?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Actually, it's Public Displays of Affection.....but you were close though

hehehe

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Strange, strange news. So hugging is not allowed in American schools now? Damn, the world has flipped upside down. In conservative Malaysia, kids are now making out in class while the teachers turn a blind eye.

Times are changing...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
It stands for Personal Display of Affection.

Isn't it Public Display of Affection?
Its like PMT... or is it PMS

That is totally ridiculous, people need to show affection at some level or we are going to end up with a generation of emotionless over PC robots

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

It's going to "hell in a handbasket" (hence, the title of one of my previous threads).

It's freaking pathetic.

I understand them cracking down on kids making out and feeling each other up in the halls and such, but HUGGING? C'mon!

It's gotta be some system for desensitizing them to others. I swear, it HAS to.

Hell, the school systems are already trying to ruin the parent/child relationships in this country; Apparently they are tackling child/child relationships as well.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As long as no-one's being assaulted, robbed, or abused then kids should be allowed to learn about life their own way. Some are huggers some aren't and it's nobody's business if you cuddle a pal or kiss a bf/gf. I think it's time to get the kids out of school and provide the education yourselves parents. The world is going mad. All these new rules floating around makes it look like 'the powers that be' are slowly trying to turn us humans into a race of obedient hive insects. No-one does anything without the permission of the"queen" and the "soldiers" are making sure of it. Don't put up with it, and when it happens to someone else, speak up for them too.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

you are so right about our world turning upside down. I have been talking to my husband about this just a few days ago.

It's crazy what they are considering right and wrong now days. Actually, it's more than crazy, Its down right SCARY!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just a story to add some emphasis to how far things are going in this country.

About two years ago, there was an article in the paper about a 6 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY being suspended from school for hugging another little girl his age and kissing her on the cheek because she was being nice to him. (the teachers even admitted that this was all he was doing)

2 days later, there was another front page article in which it was said that the DUMB ASS PARENTS of the little girl were filing SEXUAL HARASSMENT charges against the little boy and the teacher and school were SUPPORTING the sexual harassment charge.

A freaking 6 year old child.

I assume the case got thrown out as nothing else was ever in the paper about it, but the parents of other children of the school were up at arms about the whole ordeal. Unfortunately, most of them were mad because the school didn't EXPEL the little boy.

What in the hell is this country coming to?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If you think about how our lives are these days, our minds and bodies are exposed to such unnatural things it is unbelievable. I bet back in the stone age, people were much happier and stress free. What did they have to worry about other than that mountain lion or a disease. They didnt have to worry about what people would do if they hugged their friend or said crippled instead of disabled. They wouldn't have had bills or a 'property ladder' to worry about or have to work all the hours of daylight just to feed themselves or their families... i want t be a caveman! lol

Our lives are controlled to a frightening point and its showing no sign of getting any better.

Heres the follow up to the smoking ban..

As of June 2010 you will not be able to look at, touch, speak to or generally have any contact another person indoors, at a bus stop, in a field, from a vehicle, at a place of work, at your nans, up a tree (or other organic structure), on a boat or any other place where people may be around.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Ok my bad on the PDA

What ever happend to the days were you could run around on the playground with your "little girl friend". I know in 1st grade I had one, and I know that im not the only one. The only thing we ever got in trouble for in school was probably hitting on another. Now kids not only get expelled/suspended for fighting, but now being NICE to eachother?! God I wish I were Canadian....

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
exactly.. i remember playing 'kissy cats' haha, i bet that would be frowned upon now though, probably get the death sentence

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What type of adults are these kids who are banned from showing affection going to turn into?
Well adusted?or screwed up?
This is disgusting-the government knows this will damage the children and yet gos ahead.
The kids in that school should all line up in front of the teachers and start hugging each other in a show of solidarity for the girl who was punished.

Who wants to live in a society where you cannot hug another person,for whatever reason you so choose?

Good thread Simius-got me angry already and i've only just got up.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
What type of adults are these kids who are banned from showing affection going to turn into?

I know the answer to that - indifferent and apathetic. SimiusDei is on to something here. It's gotta be the ultimate goal.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
heh

a bit of over-the-top reaction here from school authorities seeing as there couldn't possibly have been any malice involved nor intended in this innocent display of affection.

i guess we can't touch/hug/hold our fellow humans in public anymore.

Edit: otherwise all those human-like robots won't be sold; which begs the question: are american schools conniving in secret with robot/android manufacturers to desensitize/dehumanize the youth?

[edit on 11.7.07 by toreishi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join