It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl gets detention for hugging friends

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ohhhhh... my blood pressure is off the scale!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ok, i really dont want to do the wole "anti-american" thing, but, come on!
do you people see whats happening to your country? you cant all be so brainwashed that you wont do a thing while your government does anything it wants.

you know what would happen in europe in this case?
well, first of all, hugging isnt outlawed, but even if something like this did happen, you would have a million human rights organizations on you in a second! its insane!

and how about the fact that everyone in the world hates you? did you ever stop and try to figure out why? or you just dont care? thats probably it, isnt it? you have everything you need on your little continent, and to hell with the rest of the world...

well, as you can see, it doesnt work that way. you found out the hard way on 9/11.

but it looks like you didnt learn anything.

i feel kinda sorry for americans.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
reply to post by pai mei

You want to know my twist on it?
First you stop the study of creation in school.
Then you stop kids from praying in school.
Now they stop kids from hugging.
You know what happens during Christian interaction? A great deal of hugging.

Odd, you know what happens during a lot of Satanic interaction? A great deal of hugging too.

religion has nothing to do with it. I mean seriously. I want my kid to go to school to learn the skills needed to function in this society, including social interaction. This does not include someones religion or their precolored concepts of reality due to their religion.

Please keep your god to yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The next time foreign guests visit the Whitehouse, if I so much as see them kiss on the cheek..or hug..or in fact, show any forms of affection in public you can bet I'll be calling for the President to be kept behind in detention. And I’ll also be reviewing footage of the 911 incident to make sure that, when those two towers fell, nobody - and I mean nobody - was allowed to get away with hugging anyone else. That goes for our brave firemen, as well.

Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree. This has to stop. People are gonna have to stand up and say ENOUGH!!!! . Unless people take proactive action against the PC Brigade then the world will go to hell in a handbasket. Mind you if the PC Brigade can make War socially unacceptable i would'nt mind that !
But jpoking apart this is getting quite sinister now. Everheard of Think Police? George Orwell springs to mind, 1984. Animal Farm and all that jazz. The brave men and women who died in WW2 for our freedoms would be horrified if they saw what was happening now with freedoms being eroded not just politically, but it seems now socially. Hugging is banned, what next ? Freedom of speech ?

It's time we all stood up and shout STOP before it's too late.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
In some schools, it seems any physical contact is against the rules, and also it's not just here in America...

In Fairfax County, Va., Kilmer Middle School has banned not just hugging, but all physical contact — including high fives.

*snip*

“You get into shades of gray,” Kilmer Principal Deborah Hernandez told the Associated Press earlier this year. “The kids say, ‘If he can high-five, then I can do this.’” It’s not just in America, either. Last year, a school for children 11-18 in Great Britain told students to stop hugging so much.

“Hugging was happening extensively and becoming the norm. We were worried it might become inappropriate. So we nipped it in the bud,” headmaster Steven Kenning told “The Times” [of London].

*snip*

As with everything related to school, some parents like it and some don’t.

“It’s a highly hormonal age, so for me, I’d rather she didn’t go around hugging,” Antonia Fernandez, a parent, told NBC.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

But, we ALL know what happens when you tell kids they can't do something...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
It stands for Personal Display of Affection.

Well, it COULD, but I was always of the understanding that it stood for Public display of Affection...a subtle difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
wow that is such bull, a principal should have no juristiction after school, if that happened to me i would file a huge complaint, also was it a catholic school ?

because i go to public (grade 12) and we dont even have detention anymore (of course it must be different in the states.

Also hugging isnt that bad, in my school we have peole making out in class (and they dont get in trouble)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When I read the article I began to think. After having read some other random articles on the net.

Could this restriction of this girls public display of affection be just another layer of control in the indoctrination, i mean education system. A system where the education authority/government is the supreme arbiter of what you can and can not do from a young age.

If you show any kind of individuality, compassion or behaviour that is considered non compliant to what is dictated no matter how preposterous. You are considered defective and must be punished and/or re-educated in your ways.

To get on in the indoctrination, I mean education system, you must comply fully to the doctrines of the educators/government and be able to parrot the syllabus and recall information in an instant because it may be on a test. You must also be docile so you can be molded into a useful unthinking, unemotional, isolated, unquestioning Economic Slave Unit for the future.

The education systems in many countries in the west tell you what to think and not how to think. To quote Mark Twain "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
When I think of what we got up to in school... The favourite game between the boys and girls was called "Kiss, Cuddle, and Torture". All the girls, (dozens of them) would chase the boys and they got to choose one of the above when they were caught. When they were all caught and "punished" it was the girls turn to get it. There were the notorious ones who you would never kiss but would never ask them for torture either 'cos they'd half kill you with a strangle or a chinese burn but it was FANTASTIC fun. We played this under the noses of our teachers and we played it for years. Nowadays we'd be taken out of school, it would be in all the papers, and we'd probably be on world-wide news as a wierd kiddy S&M cult. Life isn't fun any more.Schools are strange places now. When we weren't chasing each other for a kiss or a fight we had skipping ropes, hopscotch, ball games and singing games, but nowadays they do nothing but play on their mobiles and stand around. What happened???p.s. I'm talking about junior/primary school by the way, not secondary.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by wigit]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I hope we are not all just sitting around rambling on about it but actually sending complaints to the school, to the police and to the authorities of the town. I hope the principal is overwhelmed with unwanted publicity.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thier teaching our children not to love or care for one another.
This is the saddest part of the ongoing globalist plan. What they are trying to accomplish by not allowing children to touch one-another, is start having a generation of children who are not allowed to care for each other therfore less likely to care about other people when they start starving and such. There trying to raise a generation of children who will feel like it is a bad thing to hug your fellow man or offer any kind of love and understanding by way of a hug or a comforting arm around the shoulder. This is not the only case of this kind. There were two boys recently who simply high fived each other and were sent home.
FOR A HIGH FIVE.
There are some schools who don't allow the children to even shake hands.
I hope this sinks in very good folks, and the outrage simmers on high.
For there will be no forgiveness for this kind of assault on our children. Teaching children not to love or not to care is a horrible act without redemption and those who are innitiating this part of the global plan should consider this.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'd say for anyone seriously worried about what their kids are being taught/or not taught at school - make some other sacrifices in your lives, instead of the kids, and get them home.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

at one of the schools i went to when 14 or so one of the boys bought a handgun one day so all the rest of us little war lords went out back in the fields behind the school and started blasting away-----the fad caught on and others found their dads guns and brought them as well till we had a regular mini terrorist training camp going on-------till we ran out of bullets so the novelty died off------no one got hurt and none of us got caught at school although i imagine some dads wondered where all their ammo went----------and today they worry about some friendly hugs?--ha ha ha!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah it's getting sad here in America. People would never hand over their guns to the government to care for; for eight hours while they go to work, but they gladly hand over their children to the government, And I wonder, did any parent of that school take up for those students and say " hell no that student isn't suspended, you put them back in school now or all our kids are going home. " Nah! People to busy doing what governments want you to do. And that's making them money while they control and manipulate our children. When are we Ameicans ( parents ) gonna say " enough is enough!!".

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

First of all .. Go to the poetry website and find Sunshine in the Circles of all Eyes by Denise Marie King and that is how you can see a world without war...

Last of all about the girls being arrested... i pay 37% in taxes each paycheck.. isn't that enough not to hear about silly arrests nowadays while there are deceitful innocence in the world creating criminals while still trying to "look good" ==???==

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A question we need to ask ourselves is "where do we draw the line?" Children, especially small children tend to spontaneous when it comes to shows of affection. Who hasn't witnessed three, four or five year-olds freely passing out hugs to one another. It's part of childhood innocence.

As far as the 13 year-old girl is concerned, at least it was just hugging. It wasn't as if she was liplocking or doing drugs.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I am totally with you solarskye, the educational system is just a means for brainwashing future generations into submission.

Regards,
Trustnobody

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
[sarcasm] C'mon folks, Oceania's Junior Anti-Sex league would not be as successful if they allowed such rampant displays of effection. Do I need to contact the Ministry of Love for your thought crimes!?[/sarcasm]

I will never bring a child into this pitiful society we've crafted for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
All I'm doing right now is shaking my head.I'm speechless.
America is headed up the proverbial river in the worst way.
Wasn't there another story not too long ago about a little boy hugging his female teacher.I believe the boy was suspended or the teacher thought it was of a sexual nature.
My faith in humanity has slipped another notch.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join