It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Hunt for Teacher Who Fled With Boy, 13

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

Granted in this article, child is 13. But what is said child if 5 or 6, you still think that is ok? How can anyone under the age of 18 be able to consent to anything? In most states they cannot even enter into a contract to purchase a car or obtain credit or such. A child of 13 does not know what they are getting into, they like to think the do, but they don't. They are no different from a 5 or 6 yr old.

Consent, a child cannot give consent. What's next the child who gets kidnapped because a stranger asked if he wants to go get ice-cream and goes with this stranger never to be seen. But the child consented, he went with the stranger of his own free-will, to get ice-cream.

Get real. You stated in your thread you wished it happened to you. Do you really know what happens to a child psychologically? If not, you may want to do some research on the subject, I have, and it is not good.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, if the person having a "relationship" with my kid couldn't get the message through after a long talk with me, I would press charges, yes.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

Adolescent, meaning, having reached puberty, correct? Let's say her kid was 9 then. Many young girls are starting there cycle at this age these days. What then?

It has less to do with hormonal age than maturity level. I stand by my previous assertions that a 13 yr old CHILD, yes, child, again, being mother of a 13 yr old boy, he is mentally a child, regardless of how much he sweats, cannot consent to such acts, in full understanding of what said consent entails.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishLass

Read the entire thread please. The answers to your questions have been posted.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

I did read the thread, but as I was writing my posts, other posts came in. I replied to your first comment, not the additionals ones made after.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by IrishLass]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

I'm just saying I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but like I said, if the person involved didn't get the message to [go away], then what else is there to do but to press charges? I said it before, I'm full heartedly against child exploitation, and I'm not taking the ages according to puberty, it's accepted by sociologists that adolescence begins after 12 years of age. What you should worry about now is the media telling your kids to dress and act [provocatively], I have a theory the people in charge of media and the education system itself are pushing for sexuality, pedophilia and homosexuality. but that's another debate...
You should worry about that more than arguing with me about a kid
fulfilling his [fantasy]. Anyways, I'm off, I gotta write an essay.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Radekus]

[mod edit... language]

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
from what im reading here (which upsets me btw) its `ok` for a boy of 13 to do this

so , what if it was a girl of 13 - that makes it different? how?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
On this problem, student/teacher relationship is a no no. Teachers are there to teach students, not go make love, and would definitely break the trust with parents/schools relationship. Granted there is somewhere in the world where older people and younger ones may love each other, but that should be like 40 years old marrying 20 years old, not 40 years old marrying 5 year olds. If she loves that little kid, she should wait till he's 18 and graduated high school. That little 13 year is just a little boy still learning and growing up, don't understand the consequences, however she does and will be arrested for breaking the law which she should know.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

But, see, I don't have to worry about that, because *I* have more input into my children's upbringing and moral system then the media does. If my children are not in school, they are with me. The media they are exposed to is controlled by me. That said, we automatically put a "trust" in the adults that we send our children to be around all day long. We don't control what they are exposed to at school, we simply trust that these adults have enough sense to behave approriately and not take advantage of our childrens fragile minds. I'm sure that the childs mental recovery from this will be far worse then from anything he has seen "in the media".

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
doesn't understand what he's doing yet goes along with her for a joy ride, and now no one can find them. interesting... Sounds like he knew damn well what he was getting himself into.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

I'm gonna home school my kids, I don't trust in the education system.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Don't attack just wait for the facts they it will speak for itself however we may never know the real facts in this case. Hopefully she did something good for taking him maybe a bad family gosh I have no idea.

Speculate all day but like we said 10,12,13 is wrong and should be dealt with by the laws you and I don't make but the Government does. We are simple folk trying to live everyday and come home and b*tch about it here, a relief I guess from the other "simpleton" people who dont understrand what we do.

Only opiinions no facts but good ole ATS conversations so please dont be haters in this just open your mind a little mmmkay?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
doesn't understand what he's doing yet goes along with her for a joy ride, and now no one can find them. interesting... Sounds like he knew damn well what he was getting himself into.

You don't seriously believe that do you? Because you do something, you automatically understand the concequences of it? Because he went for a "joy ride", he knows exactly what is coming down the road for the both of them? For all we know, she could have told him they were going to DisneyWorld!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

Good for you. I wish I had that luxury. Unfortunately, I do not. Therefore, I must trust that some teacher will not take advantage of one of my kids.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You've never had an affair with an older woman have you?
I speculate the situation went along the lines of:
Girl : oh crap, we've been found out, quickly, let's escape and
continue having our wonderful relationship.
Guy: (thinking: more sex before it's over? ok.) saying: Let's go.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have it was awesome have you?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
You've never had an affair with an older woman have you?

No, nor an older man, which would be more my style
However, my sons father did have his virginity taken by an 18 yr old, at age 13 as a matter of fact. He would tell you that in fact, it did scar him, it did affect his life, and put him on a path that he wouldn't necessarily have gone on. Very sad.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

I think she wasn't all that pretty, I have a similar experience, except I was drunk and 16. You guessed it, she wasn't so pretty either. But you know what? I don't care, scared for life... pffft, scarred for life is when you look around you and all you see are zombified spoiled brats who seem to be old but act like little children, now that's scarred

As for Keebe, yea, I did, I was 18, it was fun while it lasted

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry to here that scared him. I had sex at 13 but with a 17 year old no scars except for not knowing what to really do.

I was 23 with a 40 year old and OMG very nice! I know it's different in the laws eyes and experience level I agree with you on that one.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Position of people who lived through similar things:
What's the problem? It was cool.

Position of people who weren't in such a position:
Omg, it's wrong, how could you even suggest that.

Sorry, I had to add that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join