It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Hunt for Teacher Who Fled With Boy, 13

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
reply to post by Radekus

Yes. NO COMMON GROWN. Did you notice I said to build a relationship on. Not "to screw on". Obvioulsy it's a physical thing. I'm saying no common ground to go "long term".

And consent from a 13 yr old for sex means nothing. A 13 yr old does not understand what it means. Will they be scarred? I'd venture to say yes to that question. No 13 yr old is mature enough to consent to sex with someone of ANY age, even their own. Anyone who says that they were at that age is not only lying to us, but to themselves.

Sorry, not to condone or anything, but you have obviously not been a 13 yr old boy

Understand what it means? Depends on what you mean. I most assuredly understood "the basics", and I most assuredly didn't give much of a damn that "those models" in the magazines were in their 20's.
I would be willing to bet that now the attention has been focused on it, you will find as much young boy/older woman activity has been going on for decades as the opposite.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

In Portugal, the age of consent is 16 for both sexes, regardless of being a heterosexual or homosexual relation.

The crimes committed against minors between 14 and 16 that resulted from the exploitation of the minor's inexperience have heavier sentences.

If the minor is younger than 12 years old there is no need for pressing charges, the state can do it.

The maximum sentence for such crimes is, I think, eight years, but we have small sentences for all crimes when compared to most countries.

I would like to point once more that she isn't wanted by the police for any sex crime, she is wanted because she is accused of kidnapping the boy.

Although that is what most people think in cases like this, there is no evidence of any sexual behaviour between the teacher and the boy.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
there is no evidence of any sexual behaviour between the teacher and the boy.

That doesn't matter. Here in the United States, all they have to do is make you out to look like a monster, which is easy with these types of cases, and you're in jail for 15-20 years and on the registered sex offender list, I believe, the rest of your life.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Anyone who says that they were at that age is not only lying to us, but to themselves.

And you come from an unbiased position? Right..

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Unbiased, in what way do you mean? Do you care to expound? Instead of just throwing out a one-liner and "rolling eyes".

I stand by my position that any ADULT who claims that when they were THIRTEEN YEARS OLD they were mature enough to be having sex, with anyone else, much less someone in their twenties, is simply, lying. I don't have to have been a 13 yr old boy myslef to get it. I am a thrity yr old grown woman who has seen enough in her life to know it. And I know that if I ask and adult man I know who isn't disguised by an anonymous screen name, they'd agree. 13 is too young.

I'm not saying school boy fantasies are wrong, or don't happen. They do. Got it. What I'm saying is that a fantasy is one thing, and acting on it is another.

Does a thriteen yr old take into consideration STDs? Pregnancy? No. As a whole (and yes, there is ALWAYS an exception, I get it) but as a whole, no. a 13 yr old does not. A 13 yr old boy has NO CLUE what ramifications getting someone pregnant entails. THESE are some of the isues that cause a problem. Shoot, most adults forget these things in the heat of a fantasy about to be fulfilled!

All of that is just the abvious though. Someone said before that is sexualizes the children. This was a point that was skimmed over. I just don't understand how grown adults, especially those of you who have children, can condone, or say that his "consent" makes it ok. But then again, I'm guessing that most of the people taking the stand that it is, are males without children, but of course, that's just a guess.

And to Radaekus: She was not ugly (I've met her) She was his brother's girlfriend, who decided it'd be fun to "show" him how to do it. As if he needed to learn at that age.

Also I'd like to add, I don't think "18" is the magic number on "consent". There is no magic number, it all comes with maturity and understanding of the world around you. That being said, an average 13 yr old, has not seen enough life to be in that state.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bizarre ! This teacher should be jailed for a long time.

However, is there ever going to be a magic age of consent that we can all agree upon ? We have AOC's as low as 12 in some states, and 19 in others. A young person can get their learner's license at 15, but can't vote until 18, can't have a gun until 21, yet they can go into the military at 18, drive military vehicles, AND drink, AND have a gun and shoot the thing. (Yeah, I know...it's a controlled environment in the military, I don't need to be reminded of that, OK)

We've got to reach a "one age for everything", where a young person has to have attained a certain level of maturity, or else they must totally wait until the age of majority (again, something that varies from 18-21) before they get the whole enchilada. It's all in the parenting (or lack thereof).

For reproductive purposes, one is a sexual adult at puberty. Doesn't always mean that they're emotionally mature. So we're back to the question...is there an age of consent we can all agree upon ? And do the "kids" have any say in the matter ? Or are they just going to be pushed aside, as they always are ?

This boy is actually lucky, in a strange sort of way, to have such an experience, it will let him learn valuable lessons. Either he'll come out of it with a newfound wisdom, or he'll go down the road more-often travelled towards self-destruction. We shall see.

As for the teacher, tear-up her teaching license, and let her work as a stocker at Wal-Mart or something, IF she gets out of prison.

Or....it's all a conspiracy !!! Just my $0.0000000000000000000000002
DG

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I am a thrity yr old grown woman who has seen enough in her life to know it. And I know that if I ask and adult man I know who isn't disguised by an anonymous screen name, they'd agree. 13 is too young.

I find it strange that you seem to think you can speak for everybody else. Going by the replies in this thread, that doesn't seem to be the case. And you shall know I am one of the few folks on ATS that is not disguised by an anonymous screen name.

I'm not saying school boy fantasies are wrong, or don't happen. They do. Got it. What I'm saying is that a fantasy is one thing, and acting on it is another.

Agreed.

Does a thriteen yr old take into consideration STDs? Pregnancy? No.

yes. Perhaps yours doesn't. But there are many that would worry about such prospects.

That being said, an average 13 yr old, has not seen enough life to be in that state.

Most probably haven't, but to generalize and claim all is a huge leap, especially when other people are pointing out to you that they know otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The teacher is now in custody and the boy has been returned to his parents.

Teacher Is Arrested in Mexico With Boy From Her School

LEXINGTON, Neb., Nov. 3 (AP) — A teacher accused of running away with one of her former students, a 13-year-old boy, has been arrested in Mexico, a prosecutor said Saturday.

Great news, hopefully the boy can get counseling and put this behind him.

The teacher faces a host of Federal charges to go along with the charges filed in Nebraska.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not so fast....

A new twist to this tale reported today....

Runaway Nebraska Student Caught in Mexico Not Allowed to Re-enter U.S.

LEXINGTON, Neb. — A 13-year-old student with whom a middle school teacher is accused of fleeing to create a romantic life in the boy's native Mexico may be required to stay there.

An illegal immigrant while residing in the United States, 13-year-old Fernando Rodriguez may not be able to return to the rural town in the U.S. state of Nebraska where he was an eighth-grade student.

I obviously made an error in reporting the boy was returned to his parents, he was turned over to relatives in Mexico.

My apologies for this error.

[edit on 2007/11/4 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Now this woman has not only kidnapped, had sex with this boy, contibuted to the delinquency of a minor, charged of transporting a minor across state lines. She has not only ruined her life because of this but also the life of the 13 year old who now has to stay in Mexico and not get an American education.
Now I don't agree with illegal aliens coming across the border so he should stay in Mexico, but he was in America until they both ruined that oppurtunity. And what did these two accomplish? They will no longer see each other and if she gets 10 years in prison then that's along time to wait when she could of waited until he was legal age and went from there without all this trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join