It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Hunt for Teacher Who Fled With Boy, 13

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Im sorry, but if a 10 year old is wanting to have sex then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that child.

With that said. I cant believe ANYONE would ok an adult to have sex with a child - and yes 13 is JUST a CHILD.

No wonder so many adults have issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The teacher is being "hunt" by the police because of a kidnapping, at least for now.

Being only 13 years old does make the boy (in the eyes of the law) not responsible for his actions, that is why his parents are responsible if he breaks a window or something like that.

He may even be full aware of the consequences of his actions (both in the case of running away with the teacher or even in the case of having a sexual relation with her), but the law must be written in a way that can be applied to anyone in similar circumstances, and the law says that a 13 years old boy is not responsible for his actions, the judges will interpret the law in their way if it gets to court.

Also, I don't know what the law is like in the US, but here in Portugal the law says that the sentences should be higher to people who commit crimes (and this is considered a crime (kidnap) because a 13 years old boy is not considered old enough to be responsible for himself) against other people when they (the criminal) are in a position to be considered an authority by the victim (parents, teachers, priests, chiefs, some adults when dealing with children) and when the criminal is responsible for the victim.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
so many people support paedophilia its disgusting

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's an update,

The teacher has an 8 yr old daughter believed not to be with the two who are on the run. They are reported to be in a white Pontiac.

Regardless the views expressed in this thread, I hope that they find this woman and kidnapped child soon.

Police searching for Nebraska teacher and boy

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - A Lexington middle school teacher believed to be on the run with an alleged 13-year-old lover has a young daughter, but authorities don't believe she is with her mother and the teen.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus

I think she wasn't all that pretty, I have a similar experience, except I was drunk and 16.

Well that says alot right there. I guess some people don't know what head to use.

To Armap: It's about the same here in the US. This teacher is gonna get charged for kidnapping, contributing to a minor( give a 13 year old boy some beer or liquer and he'll do anything
, and I forget the other one right now. There might be more before it's over).

[edit on 11/1/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I think laws in America are ridiculous, there's a difference between crazy stalking pedophiles who rape kids, and two people who consent to sex.

Even if you ignore the legalities surrounding this issue, at the very least, it's conflict of interest. The teacher is employed to teach.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
No 13 yr old is mature enough to consent to sex with someone of ANY age, even their own. Anyone who says that they were at that age is not only lying to us, but to themselves.

In most cases you're right, but people are having sex at shockingly younger ad younger ages. When I was 14, im 25 now, some kids had had sex, but only like, 1 in 10 if that.

But now I hear about it being more like 3 out of 10 would not be virgins. Thats crazy and I hope these numbers are indeed wrong n way off the mark but I'm not holding my breath either.

But, you do have to factor in those who have done it unwillingly at the age of 13, theres a small but surpisingly large for what it is community of people who wee raped or coerced by friends, family, and strangers.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Has everyone missed my post about me stating this was a problem, the fact kids are getting more and more sexual? Or did I just imagine posting that? Didn't I blame mass media and the education system?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is what happens as more and more children are raised in an environment that shuns God, morality and the law. The further you push God away from society and drive prayer and references to Him from the schools the more it allows for this crap to creep in and take hold.

Children today are raised on saw movies and realistic killer video games. They are being told on a regular basis that there is no God and that is being reinforced by the school system. They start committing violent felonies at younger and younger ages and get little punishment. Not to mention that parents want to be friends to their kids and "cool" with them. A simple old fashioned spanking is more likely to get a real parent thrown in jail than to teach a lesson to the child. These kids grow up with this twisted morality and then everyone is so surprised at some of the things they do as adults.

This teacher is just another example of a failing Liberal sensibility running rampant thru middle America.

As always it's JMO.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Latest Update

Police: Lexington Boy, Teacher Just Crossed Into Mexico

OMAHA, Neb. -- A Lexington police investigator said the car owned by a female schoolteacher who authorities suspect is on the run with a 13-year-old boy has crossed the California border into Mexico.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Damn shes one ugly bitch (is bitch a swear word?)
dont know what the 13 year sees in her,

sorry i couldnt resist

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Radekus

As a mother of a 13 yr old boy, I'd have to say, I'd kill this woman. No 13 yr old boy UNDERSTANDS the implications of this type of thing.

And you've tested every single 13 year old boy on knowledge and awareness of the implications involved in this type of thing?

Also, a woman, that age MUST have a screw loose. When I was in my twenties, I'd never even IMAGINE having a "relationship" with a child. There is not even common ground to "build" a relationship on.

And because you'd never even imagine having one it's wrong and she MUST have a screw loose?

It may fit right in with a boy's pubescent fantasies, but that does not make it ok. And reverse the roles, a male teacher and a 13 yr old girl, what do you get?

If they both gave consent, you get the same situation as above, with genders swapped.

However I think you're fishing towards the ''pedophile rape'' side of things.

Originally posted by jbondo
This is what happens as more and more children are raised in an environment that shuns God, morality and the law. The further you push God away from society and drive prayer and references to Him from the schools the more it allows for this crap to creep in and take hold.

Children today are raised on saw movies and realistic killer video games. They are being told on a regular basis that there is no God and that is being reinforced by the school system. They start committing violent felonies at younger and younger ages and get little punishment. Not to mention that parents want to be friends to their kids and "cool" with them. A simple old fashioned spanking is more likely to get a real parent thrown in jail than to teach a lesson to the child. These kids grow up with this twisted morality and then everyone is so surprised at some of the things they do as adults.

This teacher is just another example of a failing Liberal sensibility running rampant thru middle America.

As always it's JMO.

Lets see, do I believe in God? No, I only believe in a possibility.
Have I been raised by saw movies and realistic killer video games? No, I've seen and PLAYED them, but I've not been ''raised'' with the ethics in those games.

Do I commit more violent crimes and the such? Actually, not at all.

God, you must be living on an other planet compared to me. lmao.

If he's truly aware of what love and all that crap means and he didn't get kidnapped or w/e, then I think though the law forbids it, there's nothing ''wrong'' with it IMO.

[edit on 2/11/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thi is no doubt not a sex oriented issue; that would be a minor part of the dynamic here. Look at it calmly: In virtually ALL cases like this, with a female teacher and a younger boy, it is an emotional attraction, that to them transcends time and age..and thus jutifies the romance and heart felt love that they develop. It is an emotional crossing of the line, it is illegal, and dangerous as all acts have consequences, whether intended or not.

13 year olds cannot emotionally handle the issues and responsibilities of an adult relationship; therefore they are technically victims regardless of the willingness to go along with the scheme. kids cannot make informed decisions, especially under the influence of an older woman, perhaps sex, and the natural urges and such that this age always has as a feature. It is taking advantage of the kid at the least, and perhaps worse. We will see.

But, the pedo angle is not likley, and all the sex stuff is really not the major play here: It is a desperate need for love and acceptance clouding the judgement and senses and common sense. There eis NO power stronger than LOVE, whether real or perceived. People go nuts over relationships, and now and then we get another report like this. As long as there are emotionally fragile people out there ready to believe in dreams against all odds, there will be things like this happening. It is a manifestation of the human condition under certain circumstances and nothing more.

I hope the kid gets home soon and gets counseling and help in seeing whats what.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

SO if the roles were reversed and it was a 13 year old girl - would love `trancend all boundries etc etc` or would the media be screaming for his head?

reality check - the woman is a pedo.

end of.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
wait, she was being looked for, they knew what car she drove,
and they just let her drive to Mexico? Am I the only one who sees
something wrong with this story?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

wait, she was being looked for, they knew what car she drove,
and they just let her drive to Mexico? Am I the only one who sees
something wrong with this story?

She probably crossed the border before US LEO could get her/find her. They probably know the time, etc based on witness accounts. I dont believe they "let" her do anything.

Now she is in a foreign country which just compounds the issue.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yes, but they knew the car and license plate.
The border guards should've been on the look out.
Anyways, just to show you guys need more border control.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

yes, but they knew the car and license plate.
The border guards should've been on the look out.
Anyways, just to show you guys need more border control.

I totally agree with you. Our border security SUCKS

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Let us be honest, a grown woman having sex with an adolescent boy it is not exactly the same when a grown man has sex with an adolescent girl. This does not mean that a grown woman who has sex with an adolescent boy is doing the boy no harm, though.

Men who have sex with girls (and do not use force) manipulate the girls' emotions in order to get sex. Women who have sex with boys use sex to manipulate the boy's emotions. This story is a perfect example of the harm that a woman can do to a boy.

If the woman just indulged the boy's school boy fantasy by just sleeping with him and sending him off on his merry way, no harm would have been done and we would have no news story. This woman did not do that. She manipulated his emotions and is now getting him to run away with her. The boy does not have the sense to think straight because she is making him think with his penis, and penises are stupid.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I see this two different ways.

In one way I see it - why the hell would you want to do this with a 13 year old? The thing that makes this wrong is the fact that she wants a 13 year old. Is having sex with a 13 year old as bad as a 7 or 8 year old like some people in here are comparing it to? No. But if this woman wants a 13 year old instead of someone her age, there's a screw loose, and that, and the "kidnapping", should be of a concern here more than the sexual activities.

In another way I see it - what is it about turning 18 that automatically makes you capable of consenting? So because you reach some invisible mark in time, that makes you more mentally capable of making such a decision? Or are all of you defending the 18 consent mark because society has told you this is politically correct?

If this was my kid, I'd probably beat the hell out of this person. But that's just a natural parent reaction, and that parent reaction has been conditioned by society and political correctness.

I'm not condoning this. I personally think 13 is far too young to consent and this falls under statutory rape, regardless of what the kid wanted and didn't want.

We can sit here and debate how "cool" it is for a 13 year old boy to do it, and how "lucky" he is, but the fact is, he's 13, and she's 25.

I also think there's hypocrisy in society regarding this issue. A 13 year old boy having sex with a 25 year old woman is looked upon as 'not as bad' as a 13 year old girl having sex with a 25 year old man.

This is really a difficult issue to grasp a logical opinion around. I'm really debating deleting everything I've typed here because I don't even know if it makes sense.

Basically what I'm saying is, I think it should be somewhere in the middle. There's nothing about 18 that automatically gives you the mental capacity to consent. But there's nothing about a 13 year old boy's fantasies that makes the situation any less wrong.

So I think the consent/legal age for sexual activity should be 15 or 16, as long as the person that teenager is seeing is within five years of age of the consenting teenager. Then, when you're 18 and get all your adult privileges, have sex with an 80 year old if you want to. Who cares.

I think that's a fair law, because I don't see what it is about 18 that makes you capable of such a thing that 16 doesn't. It'll also make society ease up on their political correctness. I think there are people out there, especially parents, that are truly disgusted with this type of thing. But I think there's also a lot of people who react with disgust because they think that's the acceptable reaction.

On another note, she's ugly and I wouldn't have done such a thing with her had I been the kid.

[edit on 11/2/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join