It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Hunt for Teacher Who Fled With Boy, 13

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Police Hunt for Teacher Who Fled With Boy, 13

www.abcnews.go.com

Authorities are searching for a female teacher from Nebraska who they say kidnapped a 13-year-old former middle school student with whom she had a relationship.

"Right now, there's a warrant we got for the arrest of Kelsey Peterson for kidnapping, child abuse and contributing to the delinquency of a minor," said Paul Schwarz, a criminal investigator for the Lexington, Neb., Police Department, to ABC News
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ketv.com

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
These teacher/student relationships have gone way out of control.

Here is your chance to stop this Teacher.

I am posting this for awareness in the hopes that one of our members just might spot this pedophile and get her where she belongs.

Behind bars.

Here is a photo from the OP article.

www.abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oh please, this is stupid, she looks in her 20ies, when I was 10 I wanted to have sex with an older woman. obviously if it's a teacher/student thing both consent to it, I don't see a problem with them doing wtv they wanna do, if anything, that kid is one lucky sob. I think laws in America are ridiculous, there's a difference between crazy stalking pedophiles who rape kids, and two people who consent to sex. Probably the reason they ran off is because their affair was being found out, and both knew the implications of it. Anyways, I admit it's irresponsible of her to have done what she did, but, eh, can't turn the clock back now can we?
People should take a chill pill and look at these things with a clear mind.

Edit: I just read the article, wow, what do you know, I was right.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Radekus]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

As a mother of a 13 yr old boy, I'd have to say, I'd kill this woman. No 13 yr old boy UNDERSTANDS the implications of this type of thing.

Also, a woman, that age MUST have a screw loose. When I was in my twenties, I'd never even IMAGINE having a "relationship" with a child. There is not even common ground to "build" a relationship on.

It may fit right in with a boy's pubescent fantasies, but that does not make it ok. And reverse the roles, a male teacher and a 13 yr old girl, what do you get?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

No wonder this is becoming so prevalent.

A teacher is not employed to pick up partners.

A teacher is employed to teach.

The boy is 13, a child, still learning

A prime target for these predators.

Whether or not it was a school boy fantasy or not

The teacher is (or was) expected to know better than to get involved with her students.

I guess, for some, school isn't about education anymore.

Very sad.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

Some years ago I was employed by the local county jail. We had a fellow who had a thing for small boys, and this same line of logic and reason seemed to spew from his lips. He couldn't understand that it wasn't ok ot have a relationship with a young teenage boy.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Running off with the kid was obviously stupid from her part, best thing she can do now is come back and face the music, they'll find her sooner or later anyways, she might as well bring herself in and face less charges.
Now, seriously, common people, these things happen, people break social rules everyday, I sincerely don't see anything wrong with this. Thinking about reverse sex roles now, I still don't see much wrong in it, as long as both consent. Common, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like it's gonna scar anyone for life if they want it in the first place. Besides, consent would have never occurred if sex wasn't so popular on television and magazines. Blame media, not the victims there of (I wouldn't be surprised if the kid had initiated the whole affair).
No common ground to build a relationship on? Are you kidding? You know what happens to a male adolescent once puberty hits? Ever wonder why the bed sheets are always dirty?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
reply to post by Radekus

Some years ago I was employed by the local county jail. We had a fellow who had a thing for small boys, and this same line of logic and reason seemed to spew from his lips. He couldn't understand that it wasn't ok to have a relationship with a young teenage boy.

lol, the difference is big, I'm not about to defend homosexuals since I'm opposed to that kinda stuff, but it's humorous you should mention that.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Teachers need to go through Phscological evaluations, background checks, college courses no matter what grade they teach. These 20 year old young teachers are not what we need in our schools. The sad thing about all these teachers is that if it's a woman they give her a slap on the wrist, if it's a man all hell breaks loose and the noose comes out for the hangings.
Parents also need to talk to their kids and found out what's going on behind closed doors. It's really not that hard. Be nosey and spy on them if you have to. If they're coming home late and you don't know why, then you better find out. Our kids are the most precious of us all and are easily taken advantage of. Don't trust anyone. Especially government teachers.
I'll keep an eye out for this piece of trash. I really hope she goes to prison, not just jail. It's time for these judges to stand their ground and put a stop to this crap!! I have six kids and if someone messes with one of them, they won't have to worry about the police. It's sad to say but I'm totally serious. I hope I never have to go through something like that as a father. but I know my wife will care for them just the same if I had to go to prison for protecting my children.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

Yes. NO COMMON GROWN. Did you notice I said to build a relationship on. Not "to screw on". Obvioulsy it's a physical thing. I'm saying no common ground to go "long term".

And consent from a 13 yr old for sex means nothing. A 13 yr old does not understand what it means. Will they be scarred? I'd venture to say yes to that question. No 13 yr old is mature enough to consent to sex with someone of ANY age, even their own. Anyone who says that they were at that age is not only lying to us, but to themselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
. Thinking about reverse sex roles now, I still don't see much wrong in it, as long as both consent.

Most parents, and prosecutors, would argue that a 13 year old, of EITHER sex, cannot give meaningful consent. It's because they are children, minors, and not adults.

Thus, sexual conduct with a child is by definition NON-consentual. In american jurisprudence, non-consensual sex is considered a form of rape.

Common, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like it's gonna scar anyone for life if they want it in the first place.

Not true at all. Children below about age 15 or 16 who have been sexualized tend to OBSSESS about pleasing adults sexually. They often help their molesters recruit other children, in their attempt to please the adult. How is that healthy?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have to agree with Radekus here. Yes he is a boy and yes he fulfilled what most of us could only fantasize about. But, running away isn't the answer. And for those saying what if it was a girl? Hell, what if it was a monkey or a bar stool we could what if this forever if you like thats what ATS is all about I guess.

It happen, return the boy and let her lose her license to teach. 5 years from now they can get married and all is happily ever after. Anyone see a pic of the boy? He may look and act like a 20 year old, may have lied and said he failed 5 grades? What if, what if, errrrr it happen! Let the system deal with it. Id rather see this headline then teacher kills 13 year old boy or the other way around. Those are more disturbing IMO.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie
I have to agree with Radekus here. Yes he is a boy and yes he fulfilled what most of us could only fantasize about. But, running away isn't the answer. And for those saying what if it was a girl? Hell, what if it was a monkey or a bar stool we could what if this forever if you like thats what ATS is all about I guess.

You can agree with whomever you like, it still doesn't make it right. It doesn't matter if it's a girl or boy child, it's the teachers I was talking about. The teachers are adults and a child is a child no matter what they look like. There's laws that we have to abide by and the teachers need to abide by them too! I don't care about fantasies, it's that teachers need to be professionals, not petifiables. And there are no what if's about our children.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
She is a Paedophile - and the more mainstream news actually reports these stories the more awareness of it increases - male and females adults are near parity for who actually abuses children the most , the sadness is that when you see the that word `paedophile` you automatically assume a man and a girl , when in reality of 2007 - the truth cannot be further away - there is near parity of both men and women doing this.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
argh, it's so hard to argue here cause I see both points and agree with both, it's weird. putting myself in the parent position, I wouldn't want this kind of activity to occur, putting myself in a young adolescents body, I'd be thinking with hormones. putting myself in the teacher's shoes? Uhh... she should get herself a 25 year old boyfriend...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You can agree with whomever you like, it still doesn't make it right. It doesn't matter if it's a girl or boy child, it's the teachers I was talking about. The teachers are adults and a child is a child no matter what they look like. There's laws that we have to abide by and the teachers need to abide by them too! I don't care about fantasies, it's that teachers need to be professionals, not petifiables. And there are no what if's about our children.

Never said it was, bad teacher lucky student who got a great sex ed class! I don't make the rules neither do you we just follow. You don't know the details nor do I so I take it at face value. I believe there is a lot more to the story than one headline for someone trying to fish stories and make a living like most things.

If she "did" do this and "run off" what is going threw their minds? A teacher has to know the laws probably more than we do in this case so whats up?

You cant answer it neither can I. Like I said let the law deal with it for the rest of us we are only human and watch fox and believe everything they say right?

Chill out until I guess it happens to you. Then I read a worse story about a parent taking revenge on a teacher in a school massacre. How sad.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
argh, it's so hard to argue here cause I see both points and agree with both, it's weird. putting myself in the parent position, I wouldn't want this kind of activity to occur, putting myself in a young adolescents body, I'd be thinking with hormones. putting myself in the teacher's shoes? Uhh... she should get herself a 25 year old boyfriend...

She also has an 8 yr old daughter. This kid is only 5 yrs older than her own child. So, she's 25, he's 13. I wonder what she'd think if a 20 yr old teacher took up with her 3rd grader? "Consensually" of course.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you Radekus.

I was a boy once too, and raging hormones were there. But teachers should know better. That's why laws are made. And they shouldn't be broken by someone who is supposed to teach your kids intellectually, not sexually.

[edit on 11/1/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
She also has an 8 yr old daughter. This kid is only 5 yrs older than her own child. So, she's 25, he's 13. I wonder what she'd think if a 20 yr old teacher took up with her 3rd grader? "Consensually" of course.

at 8 years of age you're talking about a child, not an adolescent,
a child becomes an adolescent after 12 years of age. Thought I'd clear that up.
I'm against adults having sex with children, mainly because of the arguments
people mentioned above. There's a big difference between children
and adolescents though, the mind begins to make somewhat intelligent decisions. anyways, as I said before, putting myself in the shoes of the parent, I wouldn't condone such activity, but I do understand it, that's why I'd try to use reason with both parties if I faced such a dilemma in my future as a parent.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Then prosecute her to the full extent of the law, after the facts are in please! Maybe they went for a field trip people! Or we can go on the little info we have now and make our own conclusions right now.

Too many predictions without enough facts always love these posts. But I could be wrong never though a astronut would drive 2,500 miles in a diaper but thinking about it that was pretty smart in a fuel economy vehicle

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join