It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photo Thingy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Testing...

Very Cooool, SO!

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It appears to have broken my sig piccy.

Gonna try switching the host.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Just, had, to try another one.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Going back to my previous post on page one, if no on has figured it out yet, here is a teaser for the soon to be thread chock full of details and much more.

It sure ain't the road to Baghdad.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Switching the host source worked temporarily, then it broke again.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

This sounds very, very interesting!!

Is this going to include any video's ADVISOR?

This won't be done on the fifth eh? Before or after? Must be after. Will this be the first exclusive for the "new" TAN? hmmmmm...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes, I have videos but still have to find a secure place to host them so the files don't get leaked before I want them seen. Also of the stuff I have, I'm still going through it all to narrow it down.

But there are plenty of videos and even more photos.
As for the tan, in 130+ degree temps we stayed out of the sun as much as possable. So only a slight tan can be seen, most obvious when compared to my watch tan line...

Not much of a tan as it used to be, not safe to get those in the summer, but it is cooling off here rather fast now.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's a great idea for threads, but it also happens to pictures on profiles that did not mess up the page formatting.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's nice for some purposes, but it broke my signature picture until i uploaded it to ATS. for some reason it does that function no matter how small the image, so it did it for my signature picture, and broke it somehow.

I suppose it's good for a big picture though, but surely the entire image needs to be downloaded first anyway, so the size stays the same, even if the size on the screen does not.
Now does my signature pic work without being in signature?

Interesting it leaves a huge gap, but otherwise works.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by apex]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have to say I really don't like it. If we are posting are images and they have been sized to the proper diminsions there would be no problems. hmmm actually I think I have had a idea just now.

Skeptic do you think you could increase the size horizontally? If you did this to say 639 px wide or 650 px wide it would take up a better size of the normal post size and eliminate the need to horizontal scroll as long as you are resizing images to the correct size? The high right now is ok at what I assume is close to 325px high and its easier to vertical scroll or more natural to see the rest of the image then to the side.

Anyways what do you guys think? I'm just really throwen off by the whi right now as the intire site is dark(in the dark option which I like best). Maybe the background colour in the scroll box could be black for the dark site option? I understand the reason for these changes to lower the load on the Mods work but I think these options would help to make the viewing of the images a bit easier.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Open up this image and you will get a idea of what I'm thinking for horiz size. The hight is the same as before. I think this would be easier for most people and images since most photography etc are more landscape then portait or a square.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Implosion

I like what it did to my profile, as now it's all more compact and, as always, you can click on the link.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

I'm with you on making the scroll box as wide as possible. Won't take up more space.

Also if the background of the images less the size of the box display in the colour of the thread it would get a more uniform look. A problem in light mode may come in here, but does anybody use light mode anymore?

I understand that it's not yet fully implemented, images posted by mods don't come in a box for instance. I guess it'll all display equally when done.

Although there's a thread www.abovetopsecret.com... were images display without a box on the first half of the page, then on the last half they are in the scroll box.

Images do look 'cleaner' without the box, but to get the white background toned in the thread colour would help a lot.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Saw the new photo thingy

Is that what it is? I thought my computer had a bug of some kind

I think it looks alright in a thread, but it sure makes a mess out of my profile, due to the fact that the slider window is larger than most images posted in my profile, in return, I have huge area of white space with a little picture in it with most of the tags! Don't like that part, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I like it, I have been using the site a lot lately, and all changes that I see being made has made this site more user friendly for me. I say keep up the great work.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think it's a great addition, one of my pet peeves is images and links that blow the page format. I would also imagine this has freed up some time for Mods do to other things around the board.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's cool but...

I posted an image-based link to my friend "motherofsquirrelkiller's" profile, and now the link is broken.

Will we still be able to post image-based links in, say, our siggy lines or profile comments?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I think it's a great addition, one of my pet peeves is images and links that blow the page format.

I can't stand that either. I think it's the only thing I have ever sent a complaint in about

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

If you read eariler I've had a couple ideas to help fix some problems but maybe this action could be defaulted if the image posted is too large?

This would help because the more I look at thing today the more the scrolling annoys me. Honestly I don't see the intire image I miss things. If I want to see it all I have to open another window.

Defaulting large images to this would be helpful instead of making us all "suffer" sorta speak with scrolling. At the very least a increase in the horizontal is needed.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just found out the scroll bars only come with the [im] tag, not the [ats] tag. Explains why mods' pics don't have scrolls, they have unlimited and free upload space. That's fine, they should have.

For ordinary members upload space not only has to be purchased (with points), but is also limited. I have used up my max allowed space, thus I can only add new images by deleting old ones (which will leave the little informative red 'x' somewhere in a post of mine).

Also I thought about the colour of the background theimages appear on. Pics can appear in the post or within a news or ex snippets and they all come with different background colour. So maybe it is best to chose a black backgroud, and if the images could be centered in the box there would be an aesthetic balance in display, whether it's on the board background or within a snippet.

<< 1    3 >>

join