It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photo Thingy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Saw the new photo thingy (I don't really know what to call it.
) but anyway I like it alot. No more huge pictures stretching out the page.

Good idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What picture? I don't notice anything different, apart from the new buttons at the very very top of the page, which look good. But the 'You have U2Us' button flashes when I'm in the Gear Store.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Look at a thread that has pictures in it, like this one. You'll see it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I like it. Looks sharp and definitely easier on the eyes.

Great addition.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately I'm getting Access Denied messages because those images are hosted on Imageshack, but otherwise, I can see what you're talking about. It looks like a good method to limit image sizes, no matter how large thy are. But does this mean the restrictions on sizes are still in place?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here's an example:

[edit on 2007/10/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok, so how does that work can you just post an image and it is automatically presented in a scroll window or is there some BB code to achieve this.

I have got to admit I have been a bit nervous of posting images of late because of size restrictions so if this restores my confidence I am all for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The same image code as always produces this effect.

You can hit "quote" on my post to see for yourself.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hmmm. Why not have a feature that can just resize pictures automatically (without any scrollbars)? It seems to me that there is no need for the scrollbar, as there isn't much need for scrolling after the picture is resized. Am I right?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
Hmmm. Why not have a feature that can just resize pictures automatically (without any scrollbars)? It seems to me that there is no need for the scrollbar, as there isn't much need for scrolling after the picture is resized. Am I right?

Well, this way, you can scroll if you wish or click on the link and see the photo in the same size it was posted.

That's an asset in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The same image code as always produces this effect.

You can hit "quote" on my post to see for yourself.

Thanks GradyPhilpott in that case it takes a lot of worry out of posting, I am all in favour.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hmm..small query here when I tried to post using external image from photobucket and then previewing all I got was page not found.

However when I use news source the images appear but not in the scroll window, confused now.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Try posting your image in this thread, there may still be some bugs in the new code.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok, here's one

Ah.. works in post but not in preview
And that's what I get.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Ok, here's one

Oh goodie, no scroll bar (unless I click on the image to make it bigger). Now it is way better!

EDIT:

Well, this way, you can scroll if you wish or click on the link and see the photo in the same size it was posted.

That's an asset in my opinion.

Not true, my friend. The "(open full image in new browser window)" link is under the image, not in any box with scrollbars.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Hmm..small query here when I tried to post using external image from photobucket and then previewing all I got was page not found.

I got this, too, but when I posted the post, the picture was there, so it's not really a problem for me.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes I know a lot of people don't preview but I very often do particularly when posting images to see if the links work.

Not a big prob I guess but ideally I would be happier if I had preview.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, since I use Photobucket, when I use the preview feature and I see the Photobucket Logo, I feel comfortable that the picture is there.

If I see a little "x", then I get worried.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh heck no! This feature is going to ROCK!
That means no more editing the high res photos I have for an upcomming ADVISOR Exclusive.....

Yeah, that's right you read the above line correctly, here is a hint for those who are not in the know.

It starts with an I and ends with q. Keep on scanning the forums for more that will follow on this up comeing ATS special, the 5th of November is not the only thing to look forward to.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, since I use Photobucket, when I use the preview feature and I see the Photobucket Logo, I feel comfortable that the picture is there.

If I see a little "x", then I get worried.

Ok, that's cool I no what your saying.

I will probably get used to it, although privately I like the big pictures especially moonscapes.

Damn, the cats out of the bag now, don't hate me

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join