It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin touts new nuclear weapons against US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It would be really cool if Bush and Putin were playing out scripted roles to move Iran out of the spotlight back to its proper place as a stagehand. If Russia, which has experience in the role as global counterbalance to the United States, takes the lead, then Iran is left to be sidekick at best.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A nuclear war with Russia could be disastrous. Unless we have come up with something bigger then the Russian Tsar Nuke.....here is a video of the test

www.liveleak.com...

Very big Boom. Not only are we gonna all gonna fry on earth but at what we target won't be as big of destruction as this..... One thing to think about before we go to war with Rusia. We are the last two superpowers and I gaurantee you they want a chance to be like us. Our sphere of influence is huge. Theirs right now...not so big. I really hope this ius all just poppycock.

could tthe start of cold war 2???

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Timmyboi23]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I agree with SpeakerOfTruth, Putin has always scared me. He is smart, very smart, but there is something suspicious about him.

It's just the deadness in his eyes. He looks very cold, like he could murder his own children...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I am Russian decent and that is a natural look for all of us...... must be the vodka.

I think Gorbechov was kewl but this guy scares me too. He would push the button when the time presented itself without a second thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

It's just the deadness in his eyes. He looks very cold, like he could murder his own children...

Yes, that is exactly what it is... A person's eyes and demeanor tells you a lot about the person. Would you ever mistake a stern faced person like Hitler for a nice person? I wouldn't. He wasn't a nice person... His appearance not only displayed it, but his actions matched his appearance.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

Yeah, I've noticed that with eastern europeans too. At least with communism nobody pretended to be happy like we do here up to our ears in debt, lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If anyone knows what modern day russia is like after the fall of communism, they would know that russia is in ruins. It literally looks like a bomb went off back in 1988-91. When communism fell, so did russias sense of direction, its pride, etc. Now that russia is getting back on its feet (for god sakes, it could only go up) russia sees this problem, a country that could break a part due to nationalism being at a all time low for a once proud ppl. Putin is trying to restore the 'glory days' by painting the US as 'evil' again. It is to unite a devastated populous that has no sense of direction, that has no purpose.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
If anyone knows what modern day russia is like after the fall of communism, they would know that russia is in ruins. It literally looks like a bomb went off back in 1988-91. When communism fell, so did russias sense of direction, its pride, etc. Now that russia is getting back on its feet (for god sakes, it could only go up) russia sees this problem, a country that could break a part due to nationalism being at a all time low for a once proud ppl. Putin is trying to restore the 'glory days' by painting the US as 'evil' again. It is to unite a devastated populous that has no sense of direction, that has no purpose.

You are so correct. In fact, I visited Russian in '91. The stories I have of the people there. Wow.

And Putin has always seemed very very sketchy to me. He doesnt come across has a nice man, or a man who can be trusted. I would hate to be married to him...or have him as my father...or my president

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Doesn't the political bickering back and forth, and the BS threats, get a little old and tiresome?

I mean, if you're going to nuke the hell out of each other - do it and put us all out of our misery. If you're not - shut the hell up.

How'd that get so many stars? Seriously? I would rather have tiresome bickering rather than the majority of earth's population vaporized because some sort of misunderstanding amongst a few rich men. "Quit talkin and nuke." Yeah... That's rational.

Political posturing is a staple in political affairs. This goes to show that even Russia is nervous about the United States and all it's imperialistic qualities.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

If I recall correctly, the Tsar Bomb is a conventional weapon, not nuclear. Still though, its not a pretty thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

no no.... the Tsar was nuclear.... We Russians have a passion for naming sh** for past influences..... It was big. It was nuclear. and I really hope they don't use it on us USA folk who hate the admin

Edited because i used a bad word and I don't know how that worx on here. sorry

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Does anyone remember when Bush used to call Putin "Pootie-Poot"?

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah...what happened to those days.

Seriously, what did happen? I know you can probably list a million things, but it seems there was an abrupt switch somewhere in there. I mean, does Putin even smile anymore? He looks like someone killed his dog and he's mad at the world. Or is it just the US?

I am NOT a Bush fan, but Putin does seem like he has a bug up his behind.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why should Putin be happy? He has allies he can't necessarily trust, an enemy who's trying to invade a loose ally, and is just a gernation off of corrupt communism that left his country in ruins. To be a leader of Russia, you have to be cutthroat. A lot of decisions as much as they should be moderate ones, aren't. Black or white. You have to choose for the stability of a nation and those decisions require you to be "cold."

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I understand all that, but he at least LOOKED "happier" at one point.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

The biggest, baddest nation is at his property line with it's nuclear arsenal on it's back. It also wants to install state of the art anti-missle defenses in his backyard.

I'd be a little "on edge" myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmyboi23

no no.... the Tsar was nuclear.... We Russians have a passion for naming sh** for past influences..... It was big. It was nuclear. and I really hope they don't use it on us USA folk who hate the admin

Edited because i used a bad word and I don't know how that worx on here. sorry

Yeah, you're right....I just looked it up.

My bad.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clownshoes
C'mon - It's all part of the plan, Nothing drives the economy like the never ending warmachine.

Exactly.

Apparently the media's constant talk of "imminent terrorist attacks" isn't enough to keep us in a constant state of fear anymore so the powers that be have asked Putin to rattle his sabre a bit by sending a few dilapidated bombers our way and threatening us with his shiny new nukes. Knowing that it will increase his popularity back home, I'm sure he's all too happy to oblige...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Tzar bomb was the biggest nuclear weapon EVER detonated. It yielded 50 megatons. However, it is huge and not very usable, since in order to use it, one would have to bring a bomber right over the target.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Bush in 2001:
I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue.

McCain in 2007:
When I looked at Putin's eyes I saw 3 letters: K, G & B

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Putin's words sounded like a standard political response to a question. It was more for his own people and other countries than it was for the US. He is expected to say nothing less.

Why would he need to saber rattle at the US? We know how strong they are. IMO there is nothing he said that was particularly different than similar talk in the past.

As for how he appears, I work at a Russian owned company and his appearance is pretty standard. Most Russians are very serious although I know a few that would rather laugh and drink vodka. Russian features tend to be a bit stern and blank.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join