It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why sleeper?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The logic of it all escapes me. What is so special about sleeper?

If he is truly being visited by beings from outside this world, why would they allow him to speak his mind?

My logic goes like this. Basically, a person comes onto ATS, makes a topic about coming clean on extraterrestrials, and goes from there. He offers no proof whatsoever of his claims. He offers no visuals, no specific data, and no real reason to believe in what he has to say. If I were to make such a topic, or most anybody else, it would be moved to the General Forum, or deleted outright. There's this whole "I know, and I will say, but you can never convince the nonbeliever" attitude with some of the users on this site that really irritates me. How do you feel when you actually convince somebody that what you are saying is truthful and have done so with little proof? What does it say about a person who's beliefs are swayed so easily by an online Internet story? I know a lot of people, if not most, do not believe in sleeper's claims and stories, but I want to know about the people that do.

To the people who believe that what sleeper says is the truth, why do you believe? Is your belief logical? If so, what is your logic? If not, what makes your belief any different from any other illogical belief? I want to know why people believe in what sleeper has to say and why his topic is flourishing on this forum, when a similar topic by a different user would be deleted quickly. And to sleeper, if he wants to respond, I ask why you, of all people. If it is indeed the truth, then you would want other people to experience, to know, what you do. Was you being chosen a random coincidence, or is there a specific reason? Contacts cannot happen for no specific reason. If you were contacted, you have some sort of purpose, and I seriously doubt your purpose can be something as silly as posting stories on ATS.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm surprised they still let him post here. To me his threads are both comical and sad at the same time. Comical for obvious reasons, and sad because it shows how hopelessly gullible so many people are...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There has been plenty of these anti-Sleeper threads, and i agree with most of what you are saying, but it isn't the way to go about it.

He has the right to post his stories and have them read over, i think they should be moved to Skunkworks however.

The UFO forum just got purged of the reptilian bunk and hopefully some of the other baseless topics will be removed as well, or at least moved to Skunkworks. See, here i go ranting again!

My original point was if the mods and staff thought there was reason to ban Sleeper, he'd be long gone. He hasn't broken the T&C, what he is posting cannot be proven, but it also cannot be disproven, so technically it is ok. Still, i'd love to see it moved to Skunkworks.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i'm gonna be brutally honest here......

Why sleeper?

Because sleeper is trying to sell books plain and simple

if a new poster posted a topic like his blog ..with no evidence whatsover they would be laughed at , hounded and not taken seriously at all .. i wonder why sleepers story slipped the net

[edit on 18/10/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

if a new poster posted a topic like his blog ..with no evidence whatsover they would be laughed at , hounded and not taken seriously at all .. i wonder why sleepers story slipped the net

Because he has shown videos of him and his alien friend Milton hanging out in his living room.

Oh no, wait... that isn't how it is, that is just how it SHOULD be... lol... Don't hold your breath.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
He does have every right to post what he wishes within the T&C...However, I concur with you Foofstarr, they belong in SkunkWorks for sure...

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

for the first time tonight i agree with you diplomat 110%

remeber the guy with strange faces in his closet he produced many photo's of ..cough masks but people demanded he took better pictures and even video tape it ..

i guess sleeper does not have to coz milton is camera shy and says its not allowed, however milton will allow sleeper to spill the beans and be open to ridicule without so much as a shred of evidence.

Edit: your all right it should be in skunk works as a speculative theory only , then it could be taken as it should be with a pinch of salt.

XL5

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maybe in some odd way (if it were all 100% truth) that Milton got him to do this for a dose of humility. Maybe Milton wants him to reveal more hoping it will be unbelievable and see if he's doing this to sell books or for the truth, a test.

I believe SOME of the stuff he posts but its the stuff about how to live your life. I'm open to the rest but he's giving no proof, he could at least get Milton give people REAL feeling dreams of human/ET contact (with or without hot alien babes). He won't even offer personal proof thats solid to the person but questionable to others. Not even tech info that can be tested even if its a tiny advancement nobodys thought of (something technical). Coming clean means spilling the beans and thats why every one hopped on and wanted to believe, some are still holding out that he will come clean when he's given "the word". I just read it out of bordom.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

It didn't. He has been laughed at, hounded and not taken seriously at all. You'll find all of your objections in the first 50 pages of his thread. Try reading it.

Sleeper doesn't work for you?...find something that does...create something that does...there's plenty of room & opportunity here. If the purpose of this thread is to inspire a sincere response from those that understand and enjoy Sleeper...maybe check the tenor. On the other-hand, if the purpose is simply to challange, demean & bemoan other ATS members, their beliefs and contributions...good luck with that

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
OP I think your just jealous of Sleeper, because he has many friends on ATS, as well as many many ATS points. I think your jealous that John Lear endorses him and talks about him instead of you.If I was a new member with very little input into this site, I would not be so fast to attack mega members like sleeper.Who are you to say he is not who he says he is? You have like 10 points, I do not think thats enough posting experiance to go shooting off your trap.Your lack of points, and posting input shows limited knowledge to me, and therefore I simply graze past your words.

GO Sleeper!!! Thanks for all the great storys, and information.I think your thread should stay right where it is, and by the way how can I order your book??
DWT

[edit on 18-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I can only hope that what you just said was a joke. Otherwise that's a frankly pathetic response to talk about points and jealousy. *EDIT* Which is to say I find your point baseless. *EDIT*

To the OP, I think that a big reason for people believeing in him is John Lear's support of him, as many hear support John Lear's views and opinions. To me they are just interesting stories, and I enjoy asking John Lear questions on his views and have had a few interesting exchanges from time to time in his threads, but sleeper tends to come off as spouting complete, if detailed and interesting, fiction.

In honesty though, I have not read all that many of sleeprs posts/threads, and so will not make any sweeping judgement against the man, but in my opinion it's just a nice read....

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Vector J]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
OP I think your just jealous of Sleeper, because he has many friends on ATS, as well as many many ATS points. I think your jealous that John Lear endorses him and talks about him instead of you.

Thats great, lets make it about the OP rather then his points. Typical for the UFO masses. What exactly do you have to say about his valid points rather then attacking him for being relatively new? Is this it? Because if it is, ya better do better then that...cuz right now you look like a rabid defender rather then a critical thinking individual.

Ya know what I think, if John Lear endorses him thats enough reason to ignore it. Thats just my opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I agree with the OP of this thread.......Sleeper offers NOTHING other than a story...sure its up to you to believe it or not but the title of his thread is misleading....he is not coming clean on anything....he is just telling his story.

coming clean means offering proof one way or another.

I view sleeper in the same way as Dan Burisch....no proof but what a tale !!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by jritzmann

Ya know what I think, if John Lear endorses him thats enough reason to ignore it. Thats just my opinion of course.

Sleeper, forgive jritzmann, he knows not what he says.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

You offer no proof, no visuals, no specific data, and no real reason to believe what you have to say. How about we move this thread to the general forum or delete it outright.

Why are those that participate in Sleeper’s threads labeled gullible, ignorant, and blind?
Don’t confuse belief with exploring a possibility.

If you find a treasure map and the X is close by. Do you toss the map in trash because there is no proof anything is under the X? Or do you at least walk over to the spot and have a look? And maybe even dig it up.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
If you find a treasure map and the X is close by. Do you toss the map in trash because there is no proof anything is under the X? Or do you at least walk over to the spot and have a look? And maybe even dig it up.

No, I'd question the source of the map.....

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Are you suggesting that if the source can not be confirmed that is reason enough to “believe” there is nothing under the X? If it’s all the same to you I think I am going to go have a look.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ive always believed that what a person understands within their own mind is sacred to them, its not for me to say if they are telling the truth they are allowed to believe what they want, sometimes what people like sleeper post here is interesting and worth a read even if i dont take it to heart, imagine if you where torn apart for every thread you posted?

we all have things we want to talk about and debate, because a lot of us dont have proof does not change the fact that what we know is the truth to us.

Its sad that sleeper is having this done to him yes maybe sleepers posts need to be in skunk works, but creating a thread to say you dont believe him to me is a bit sad, its almost like you are afraid of sleepers posts?

just imagine if this was about you i doubt you would like it very much

and that is my opinion.

[edit on 18/10/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

No, I'm suggesting the motives of the source may taint the "treasure". I don't get involved in curb-side 3 Card Monty games for that reason.....The treasure is never where you expect it. If you expect to find it here, anonymously on the Internet.....power to ya' brother.....

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Ahh, do enlighten us on Sleeper’s evil motives. And please don’t drag out that sorry “to sell books” theory.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join