It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why sleeper?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

Where do you get the "evil" stuff from? Me? I don't think so.....I've never said I think he's evil. I have said, I think he's full of it.

You and others on his threads, with a couple of exceptions, respond with such knee-jerk vitriol, it's amusing that you think you're the "enlightened" ones. For god's sake......people catch contempt and grief from posters there if they use "big" words and good sentences.

[Not] I can see how sleeper's advice and info is improving people's integrity and humanity daily. [/Not]

Now let's wait for one of my bird dogs to show up.......

[edit on 18-10-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
reply to post by dntwastetime

To the OP, I think that a big reason for people believeing in him is John Lear's support of him, as many hear support John Lear's views and opinions. To me they are just interesting stories, and I enjoy asking John Lear questions on his views and have had a few interesting exchanges from time to time in his threads, but sleeper tends to come off as spouting complete, if detailed and interesting, fiction.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Vector J]

John Lear even gave Sleeper a plug on Coast to Coast, that’s how I found out about Sleeper and ATS. That’s like being touched by the Good Ferry. John’s information is all mostly second, third, fourth person information, where Sleeper is first person. I read Sleeper’s story on ATS and it’s out there. Sperm collectors? Living a past lifetime on another planet in an alien body? A great story but a little to theatrical for me to think it’s true, but the local heavy hitter around ATS seems to think otherwise.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
I agree with the OP of this thread.......Sleeper offers NOTHING other than a story...

Speaking as someone who views sleeper's story as a crock, and a badly written one at that, I have to disagree.

He brings more than a story, he brings a perspective.

I have seen him make points on many occasions that I find myself agreeing with. He seems to me to be an intelligent, rational person. I doubt that any of his alien story is true, but then perhaps he is using it as a "spoon full of sugar" to go along with the real message: We don't know nearly as much as we like to think we do, we don't think half as rationally as we should; perhaps by taking a look at ourselves, our rigid belief systems, our limitless arrogance, and the quite idiotic ways in which we are capable of acting as a species, we could bring about a better world for us all.

[edit on 18/10/07 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sorry, a ferry is what I take to work from my Isalnd home, I ment the "Good Fairy".

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is unnecessary to take sleepers thread seriously, from both believers and skeptic side. It is just a therapeutical meeting for new-age-guru-anonyms. It should be in skunkforums though, i agree.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by commodore64]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

"I don't know what was more disturbing... his description of the inner core reincarnated souls sex orgy... or the fact that the whole thing is written in screenplay format."
- Jose Chung
X-Files: Jose Chung's "From Outer space"

After reading some of Sleeper's blog regarding his personal account with his alien friend Milton and realizing it was in screenplay format I just couldn't help remembering that line. Why is it in screenplay format anyway?

My favorite episode by the way.

I don't know what to make of Sleeper and his claims, since I haven't read through the entire thread. On one had this could be simply a publicity stunt, in which case it's working quite well...but on the other it could be just his opinions based on an actual series of experiences. I've heard a lot of it already from various sources and theories on the subject.

My only question would be even if it's real, what's the point?

What changes are his answers on this forum regarding the inner workings of extra-terrestrial life making? Did alien beings divulge this information to him so he could post it all in a thread? What's the deal, they too lazy to reach out to the rest of the world so they have one or two people do it for them?

Has it changed my view on life outside of the planet earth?

Meh...I still gotta be to work by 8pm.

However if you want to ask a question about aliens and have it answered by Sleeper then I say go for it. People seem to enjoy it.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would like to see a picture of this Sleeper guy, haha. I bet he is just a fat computer-geek without any friends. Yeah, I'm being rude now, but spreading bull# like he does is rude too.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
He reveals only his experiences. Its not like he is the only one with visiting friends. If not him then somebody else would step forward. Even if half of what is said is slightly true then many who read will at the very least have an awakening. Why people even 2nd guess that we are alone is beyond logic.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
He reveals only his experiences. Its not like he is the only one with visiting friends. If not him then somebody else would step forward. Even if half of what is said is slightly true then many who read will at the very least have an awakening. Why people even 2nd guess that we are alone is beyond logic.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sleeper is a member just like the rest of us and if he wants to tell his stories than so be it! If you don't believe the stories then forget about it and go on to another post. As long as he doesn't break any rules then what's the problem? Points don't make a person anymore intelligent than one who has none. That was uncalled for in my opinion. But back to Sleeper and his post. I see that alot of members are interested in his stories and his opinions from the amount of replies he gets when he post. I'd like to say that I don't know Sleeper personally and have read a few of his post. I enjoyed the read about Milton and his journeys, but is up to the person reading it to agree or disagree with it. If he was on the radio and I didn't like what he was saying then I'd change the station. If you don't like what he's saying here then don't go into his post. I'm not trying to stand up for Sleeper because I like him or not. It's just that I don't see what he's done wrong and his stories are about aliens & ufo's.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Book? What is the name of this book? How can sleeper sale a book if nobody even knows what it is?

I demand answers NOW! for I am Lady-X ruler of planet sleeperian, Sperm collector of the Neither-realm, and bored human of earth.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
After reading some of Sleeper's blog regarding his personal account with his alien friend Milton and realizing it was in screenplay format I just couldn't help remembering that line. Why is it in screenplay format anyway?

It isn't. It may be presented as a screenplay, but it certainly isn't written as one.

Originally posted by Lady-X
Book? What is the name of this book?

His real name is posted on this site more than once. Check the tags on some of his threads.

I believe this is the book in question.

[edit on 18/10/07 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I havent followed any of it in the last years. I am less bothered by someone saying he had alien contact, because I have had that myself. I am more concerned about people who dont believe they can have it themselves and need to rely soley on others for information.

Since I havent been following sleeper: Does anyone know if he particpates in other threads than his own?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Originally posted by Skyfloating

Since I havent been following sleeper: Does anyone know if he particpates in other threads than his own?

Rarely. I'm pretty sure that he reads many of the threads but limits his responses to his own. Once in a while I ask him to come over and comment on something but he will usually weasel out of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Out of interest John, why do you support sleeper? Are his ideas in line with yours, or does just something about him ring true with the same sort of things that you post about here yourself?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

You make lots of FALSE assumptions in your opening post. Why would we have deleted or moved anyone else's post? We didn't know who sleeper was at all when he started his thread.

This reeks of jealousy of sleeper's popularity which happened ALL BY ITSELF with ZERO "help" from the staff. It amazes me how people assume sleeper must have got some "special treatment" in order for his thread to have grown so large. I guess it helps them rationalize why their thread didn't? Who cares? Threads are strange entities, Ive seen some I thought would go away with barely a reply grow to astronomical size and I've seen others I thought were brilliant fizzle out very quickly. That's what happens when the PEOPLE (Membership) drive the content.

Maybe, just maybe sleeper hits a chord with certain people. Maybe, just maybe he is a good writer and people enjoy having a friendly conversation about the amazing possibilities of what he presents.

Nah, couldn't be that simple could it? Well, IT IS that simple...

Springer...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So who wants to be the first to let me in on this sleeper secret...?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What's so special about Sleeper you ask?

For me, anyway, it's that he doesn't come across as somebody "special." He is no more "special" than anybody else.

I view him as just an average, everyday person doing time on planet earth just like everybody else.

I think he makes it clear, also, that he does not care whether anybody believes him or not.

I for one don't believe all of it, but some thought provoking questions and answers have been discussed.

People seem to be enjoying his humanistic approach to his answers for an unusual experience he has been through.

Not everything can be explained by science.

If you were approached by a little blue alien telling you that you had to put an experience like Sleepers out to the public, how would you do it?

Would anyone believe you either?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the real problem most people have with sleeper's story is that,in investigating a subject such as UFO's we're all asked to provide proof,and/or look for proof.Proof and evidence are the only way to be sure that we're not being duped.People need more than a script/story to believe something a wild as what sleeper claims.

If you want to say it's a New Age Metaphysical metaphor.....well,shouldn't we just start calling it that instead of making it seem as if someone is writing a tell-all about their Physical UFO experience.Seems to me like the right thing to do.

Now,having said all that.....I'd just like to say that sleeper as a person has been nothing but cordial and respectful,at least to me.One time I joined a UFO channel on IRC and told some guys about sleeper's story (around the time the thread started) and they asked if i could get him to come in there.I sent him a couple of U2U's,and he said he'd be happy to.Unfotunately due to the other guys being in drastically different time-zones nothing was ever worked out.Still,sleeper seemed nice enough to me.Not at all like someone with malicious intent.Take that for what you will,

Doc

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey, who deleted my post ? I had a perfectly long and plain reply to one of the posters here. And now i cant find it. Was it to down to earth ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join