It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater drew weapons on American Soilders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What been volunteer has to do with privatization of the military, have you look lately around in the military bases in this nation?

It seems that when the American forces now in big number in Iraq comes home it will be not jobs for them to do in their military off war post.

They have been replaced by private contractors.

Unless they fired all the contractors so troops can take back their positions it seems that somebody was thinking ahead of time and making sure that either our troops will not be home for years to come or they will be without a job after whatever is going on in the middle east is over.

Even my husband wonders what will happen if the troops now oversee will come home to their bases, It will be not room for them and the civilians filling their positions now.

Even base housing has been given away to private contractors in my neck of the woods while military are forced to find housing elsewhere to support the city's economy.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Makes you wonder exactly how many false-flag ops that Blackwater has perped on us - hostages, executions, "terror attacks" etc... I think that every single one of those pigs should be tried for war crimes! You would think that the day of the merc had ended over 100 years ago!

Why, they're just trying to make a living at what they do? Shouldn't it be those that HIRE them that should be tried?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Even base housing has been given away to private contractors in my neck of the woods while military are forced to find housing elsewhere to support the city's economy.

That is unthinkable Marg.

Do you mind if I ask you what military installation? I would like to verify that claim?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
regardless of whatever was in the suv....they shouldnt have disarmed the soldiers...let alone pull the guns on them....
that was prolly an abuse of power....they know that if the soldiers fired on them, it would get the soldiers in serious trouble...but they could do whatever to the soldiers and blame it on something and get it covered up....

p.s. to cav...to my knowledge almost all af bases have gone privatized..... but that only means that the contractors build the house...and some company owns it....

[edit on 12-10-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

[edit on 12-10-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
I dont know why they would need to draw their weapons and force the soldiers to the ground while they untangled their vehicals. Unless there was something in that SUV they didnt want the troops to know about.

One military contractor, who spoke anonymously for fear of retribution in his industry, recounted the story of a Blackwater operative who answered a Marine officer's order to put his pistol on safety when entering a base post office by saying, "This is my safety," and wiggling his trigger finger in the air. "

This is like that conversation in Black Hawk Down in the mess hall between a Ranger commander and a Delta force troop. Unbelieveable.

This is my safety *wiggles finger

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wenfieldsecret

p.s. to cav...to my knowledge almost all af bases have gone privatized..... but that only means that the contractors build the house...and some company owns it....

Well, rents it would be more accurate.

And that is standard.

Marg made sound like there are civilians living in them and soldiers being denied housing, however. The only cases of that I am aware of are when a soldier dies and the spouse can remain in post housing for a year.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

I will not give you the name out because personal reasons, but I will tell you this, the base where my husband works now after retirement closed all the main housing in the last past 5 years, the only housing available is in the military base itself and littler by littler since the base has gained status as a major depot in the south the majority of personnel is now civilian, many civilian contractor been hired and relocated has been given housing accommodations in the military housing.

Most of the reminding military families are encouraged to move off base but that has been happening even when we moved here 11 years ago.

We were told to get housing outside due to my husband rank and what he could afford.

We have been hearing about civilian contractors living in the base housing but that is not new, what is new is the amount of them compare to military that happens to be relegated to just a few numbers.

This is weird and I find it disturbing, I knew that the bases has been privatized when it comes to personnel but this is serious.

Every time a position that used to be run by military comes open is turn into a civilian position.

Even my husband job before he retired is now a civilian position, many people are just retiring and falling into a civilian job without moving out of their chairs.

But occurs this is in our local base that is now a main depot since other bases has closed around in the state and surrounding states.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will not give you the name out because personal reasons

Hey, thats understandable. Just have to take your word for it.

That is disturbing. Can you tell me if they pay rent and if the housig is controled by the military or by a private company? And is actually on-base or is it military owned off base?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

The base used to be a air force and Marine combine at some time before we got here, the air force moved out and the Marine took over, the housing or main housing was in the outside of the base and half of it was still run by the military when my husband got orders to the base the other half was closed and not in used because it was the part that used to belong to the Air force and the city wanted the housing.

We were encouraged to move into the community because the it was no room in the off base housing and withing the base housing, due to the reminding off housing been closed as the military moved out.

Now 5 years later the only housing available and still in use is in the base.

I know for a fact that is private contractors living inside the base after been relocated.

Occurs if you are in the military you get housing allowances and living expenses.

The base used to have rooms for temporary housing but those has been closed also.

So I guess due to that the base housing is been used for that now.

My husband tells me that they do pay a fee of about 12 dollars per day for the housing and is supposed to be until they find a place to stay off base.

Now I find disturbing how reduce is the military personnel in the base and how many positions in the base are all run by civilians contractors.

Only when is some kind of exercises you may see military personnel but they stay in tents build just for them.

Now what you find very weird is the amount equipment in the base, due to been a depot but not military to match.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
wow, is all i have to say. I am against blackwater from the first place. When i first heard of them i was confused. Shouldn't the US army use its own personnel to protect diplomats and basically take care of the current blackwater missions ? You would atleast want to involve a "government" agency if you don't want the army dealing with it.

Now to hear that these "agents" drew their weapons on American soldiers is mind blowing. The Army should have arrested the blackwater agents. Obstructing justice charges maybe ?!?! i am sure the government could find something to charge them under.

Yes they are brave and all but so are the soldiers, so that does not make them any more special than the US Military.

best resolution for future balckwater problems: Cancel all contracts in iraq, let them help the national guard in rebuilding N.O.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I could't see anybody disarming me as a fighter for any army. Unless it was of higher order. If something like this happened to me.. I don't see how I couldn't give in to my natural emotions, death or not. Bang bang.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Doesn't the U.S. pay blackwater to be in Iraq?

Dont mean to be rude but maybe you get what you payed for.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Illegal war, illegal use of "contractors aka mecs" and you expect them to follow any rules, shameful.
As for Blackwater, hold them accountable to the Nth degree.

I severed for 26 years, the military doesn't need Blackwater to do their job for them. Our boys are the best and can do any job assigned with professionalism and honor.

I feel so sorry for our troops, they have been lied too and told they can't come home. Sent to die by an
administration that could care less, unless its for oil and money in their pockets.

Bring the boys home, send the politicians over in their place, let them fight for the oil if they want it so bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Okay, I guess I will be the bad guy here so far.

Does anyone here notice that the "source" was anonymous? Notice how since Blackwater shot those "civilians" (thats what's reported, not what Blackwater says.) that BW has been drug through the mud in the media? I've seen a few stories so far in the news here in U.S., that are painting BW in a bad light.

Here's a theory, things aren't going well in Iraq with our occupation, so, WAG THE DOG. Get the media attention on someone else. Seems like it's working.

Listen, I am not an ex-commando, green beret, SAS, whatever these guys used to be, but I know these guys gotta be bad*ss, tough, smart, EXTREMELY well trained, combat hardened in order to survive over there on a daily basis, they aren't going be stupid about how they handle their weapons, their job, their Life in a guerrilla war zone. It doesn't jive with me, these guys are in the frying pan every day. They have unreal challenges to deal with, I watched a special on cnn or Dateline about the day to day of a Security Contractor (Read Mercenary) outfit and it was crazy, these guys deserve a modicum of respect for what they do. These guys have families that they want to go home to, just like you and me.

These guys do the jobs the U.S. Military won't TOUCH.

I think this is a smear campaign to turn attention away from the lack of progress happening day to day in Iraq as far as stemming the violence from foreign militants (that's Iranian Terrorist's to us laymen) not the social and economic progress. Blackwater is simply the Fall guy. And the media is working us,US, you and me. Just look at all the replies that are negative and condemning these guys based on an ANONYMOUS report in this thread. I am all for putting blame where it is deserved, but I won't jump on the bandwagon on this one.

Guilty until proven innocent is becoming the norm, and this just makes me upset, I don't get worked up too much about some of the stuff I read in here, you can denigrate my job, my looks, my religion, my politcs, I don't care, but I couldn't let this just ride. Deny Ignorance, please, people.

Walk a mile in their moccasin's and then tell these guys how horrible they are. Ugh.

Here is the link to the Nat'l Geographic special I watched, it's worth it, very telling, I love Nat'l Geo.

"Security Contractors in Iraq"

This is part 1 of 5? I think, really worth a watch.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Blackwater = Secret Police/Army

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

What jobs won't our army "Touch?"

I'm not being a smart a* either. I'm curious as to what would restrict us from doing over there that a private contractor would need to do for us.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by Springheel Jack

What jobs won't our army "Touch?"

I'm not being a smart a* either. I'm curious as to what would restrict us from doing over there that a private contractor would need to do for us.

Wel murder of inocent civilians for no cause (i could be worng on this but lets hope so)

Disquise as terrorists and shoot at US soldiers to trick the peoiple overthere that there's a huge terrorist treath

Security of companies wich are making a lot of money overthere and demand security if they need to wor in a warzone.

Just 3 toughts dunno if it's true but it are 3 good reasons in myy eyes

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Those traitorous, black hearted b*stards!!

As if the US troops haven't got enough to deal with, they then have to suffer the humiliation of being pushed around by these over priced murderers....

Get them out, shut them down....

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have a question for cavscout regarding his (or her?) original post:

Why wouldn't POTUS have secret service protection instead of Blackwater?

Someone else said something about the lunatics running the asylum. No truer words could be spoken... Secrecy/Black Ops is God among those pathologicals, for sure. Ah, the curse of interesting times.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am still trying to wrap my head around this bit of news.

It does make me feel a little better about the common soldier though. At least our insane government heads are having to contract "private soldiers" to do their dirty work, instead of our volunteer soldiers that are just trying to survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join