It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Speaks During Controversial Appearance at Columbia University

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Their saying that Bollinger's challenge that he didn't have the "intellectual whatever" to answer the questions was accurate. I don't think so. He answered quite well imo.

Agreed, and not only that, I think there was a lot of CYA as far as Columbia was concerned. Bollinger had to do that whether he wanted to or not. He was probably under a tremendous amount of pressure IMO.

Anybody with a brain can easily see that Ahmadinejad is far from "not intellectual". The people without a brain are currently waiting for the media to tell them what to think next.

Peace

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Can you imagine if he just said, : "No in not calling for the destruction of Israel as as state, I love Israel and his people, all of that about me saying that is propaganda by the war mongers that want to justify war with Iran, all we want is Israel and Palestine to leave in peace"

How about that for a change. Like the other poster said he would not even mention Israel by name.

Actually that other member was me. I think we can infer from what he said was that he wants the Zionist gov't of Israel gone. You can get points out of what was said but you can also get them from what is not said.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Dr Love

Please don't try to spin it, he was ask the question that many people here on ATS refers to as been misinterpreted. He did say he don't hate Jews I give him that. But he was ask if he calls for the destruction of Israel as a state and he decline to answer plain and simple. There is no spining in that.

He had the chance he had the forum to give a clear and sound answer and he fail miserably.

looks like some jew's share his view.... Jew's with Iran view mabey he's not as hated as we all think. heres another little tasty vid Anti-Zionist Jewish Protestors

[edit on 24-9-2007 by KINGOFPAIN]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

NO, he has on many occaisions called for the destruction of Israel, regardless of what you have been led to believe! He didn't answer, probably because he feared the reaction he would get from the people, the same reaction you would get on with your outspoken generalizations about christians! Perhaps, you are an apologist for terrorist, maybe you admire them and want them to create as much pain as possible for the US and Israel, while you sit safely pining away at your computer mocking good people who have never done a thing to you!

------------------------------------------

Mod Edit - removed personal attack

[edit on 24/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The unfortunate thing is that by no giving an answer its just going to add fuel to the fire of his ramblings about destroying Israel.

In regard as him been intellectual or not, I can't say may be if I speak the language I guess I could make more about it. With the translation is more about getting the point across than anything else. Is not like hearing this politicians here first hand that you can easily tell who's what.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Decorum folks.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle
NO, he has on many occaisions called for the destruction of Israel, regardless of what you have been led to believe!

Can you please quote where he actually said such things?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

NO, he has on many occaisions called for the destruction of Israel, regardless of what you have been led to believe! He didn't answer, probably because he feared the reaction he would get from the people, the same reaction you would get on with your outspoken generalizations about christians! Perhaps, you are an apologist for terrorist, maybe you admire them and want them to create as much pain as possible for the US and Israel, while you sit safely pining away at your computer mocking good people who have never done a thing to you!

People like you make me sick! Sir, you are as ignorant as you are stupid!

Oh come now, are you saying that Christians everywhere support homosexuality? Many a politician has pandered to the Christian Right by portraying an Anti-Gay agenda. Many Clergy members, whilst preaching that homosexuality is plain wrong have been outed as child molesters and homosexuals.
Try not using the tired old "terrorist apologist" tag, it's a bit lame and generally used to stifle debate by those unable or unwilling to engage in civility.

As for mocking good people, I make no excuses for pointing out hypocrisy when I see it. I can't see where I mocked good people, who do you mean exactly?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

NO, he has on many occaisions called for the destruction of Israel, regardless of what you have been led to believe!

Can you please quote where he actually said such things?

I think that at this point it does not matter, I can find you many links with those quotes but like many other people you will probably said that it was misinterpreted.

The fact is that here today, he had the chance to set the record straight once and for all and he fail to do so. That's the fact.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Also, did you notice that all the "questions from the students" were all identical to the questions asked by Bollinger and Boatright?

It's funny how that worked out isn't it? Surely somebody in the audience had another idea for a question? I'll go out on a limb and say Ahmadinejad had more of a right to answer than the students had a right to ask.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In answer to your observations Dr Love, perhaps he should have been asking the questions instead of the students and Bollinger.
Maybe he could have asked them where they get their information on Iran from and what evidence they could present to back up their answers

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You see the way the Columbia president, told the people to let him have his speech but none of you listen. What point is letting him speak and tell his students none of you listen.

Whats that about, lol. Yep thats a free country where free speech is real.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, the questions were definitely scripted. As far as the students being able to ask questions, I'm sure they all had to be submitted beforehand with the understanding that they all would have been considered.

I could see some kid asking a question like "Mr. Ahmadinejad, what are your opinions about who exactly was behind 9/11?".

Cameras would have started falling over and feeds would have been cut!
Our TV's would have gone poltergeist on us.

Peace

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
You see the way the Columbia president, told the people to let him have his speech but none of you listen. What point is letting him speak and tell his students none of you listen.

Whats that about, lol. Yep thats a free country where free speech is real.

Are you serious? I was watching the entire thing since the beggining and DID NOT hear such a thing.

You know that intentionally misleading a debate is against the TAC of this site. I will check on the transcripts to see if he did say such a thing.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You know that intentionally misleading a debate is against the TAC of this site. I will check on the transcripts to see if he did say such a thing.

Come back to me on this, and i will discuss with you what the man speaking before the iranian president, implied whne he spoke.

sorry mods, edited now.

[edit on 9/24/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have not find the transcript yet but been following the events in a blog from someone from the university a pretty liberal bolg to say the least and they don't mention to anything even closely related to what you mention and they will be on that if indeed something like that was said.

That and the fact that I was watching a live feed from my PC that cover the event from the start and did not heard such a thing leads me to believe that you are either incorrect or trying to mislead.

That's how misinterpretations and propaganda is spread so sorry that I had to call you on it and don't think in anyway I mean this as an attack on you, just trying to keep the fact straight.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
OK, let's all go over to FOX and watch the childish spin!

Why? You are doing a great job.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This just proves how much of a lunatic Ahmadindoofus is.
Let's see......
There are no gays in Iran.
Woman have rights like in the U.S.
The holocaust did not happen.
Does not answer in regards to the destruction of Israel. Hmm.....Wonder why?

This guy is just crazy and every threat that comes out of his mouth needs to be taken seriously. What he said today was not spin, this is what he really believes which is really scary.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
This guy is just crazy and every threat that comes out of his mouth needs to be taken seriously. What he said today was not spin, this is what he really believes which is really scary.

Interesting how you got to this conclusion. Did we watch the same thing? I think he answered every question clearly and to the point. I understood what he meant and agreed with most of it. He did not evade the question about the destruction of israel, he just refused to give a simple answer to a complicated topic. He, however, said he likes jews as he likes everyone else and that Iran has never followed expansionist policy and does not plan to attack anyone. He also said that Palestinians should be given the right to decide their own future by a referendum. This is only democratic and the least they deserve, since noone asked them whether they accept the creation of Israel on their lands. Hence the Holocaust explanation.

it was pretty clear to me. Why is it not for you. Maybe you are 'preconditioned'? Or maybe the audience also needed 'preconditioning', i.e. the 'welcome speach' by the president of the school?

EDIT: Btw, I find your avatar distasteful and racist.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Jgruh4e]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jgruh4e
He did not evade the question about the destruction of israel, he just refused to give a simple answer to a complicated topic.

Right......way to spin!!

He, however, said he likes jews as he likes everyone else and that Iran has never followed expansionist policy and does not plan to attack anyone.

Come on, I know you have to be smarter than this. Don't you realize this is propaganda. Everybody knows he is lying except you.

it was pretty clear to me. Why is it not for you.

Because I can see through his rants of propaganda. Don't you realize he says just the opposite when he is talking to his own people.

EDIT: Btw, I find your avatar distasteful and racist.

How can it be racist? You cannot be racist against a nationality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join