It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela still alive after embarrassing Bush remark

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am a redneck,

I am making sure that Mirthful Me wasn't referring to my red-neck when he said a member wouldn't be participating in this thread.

If you can read this, then it probably isn't me he was referring to.

YEEEEHHAWWWW! it wasn't me!!!

carry on.....

[edit on 2007/9/21 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Would this be the OP?

(this post should absolve me) *fingers crossed*

AnAbsoluteCreation post again!!
just to check

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Come on guys I admitted my mistake!
Nobody blackball me for an honest mistake. Damn biased media got me!

1... 2... 3... NOT IT!

AAC

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Now then
the game is afoot!

AnAbsoluteCreation
josephus maximus
marg6043
Terapin
nickh
GradyPhilpott
scientist
JacKatMtn
Now_Then (me
)
kleverone
Mirthful Me (can't be merf!)

All posted here. Hmmmmm.

Myself, AnAb, Merf and Jac aside ~ who could it be?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Grady?

-Sour (I only point out 'Grady', 'cause I thought he was admin; and he's one, of a VERY few, who I actually agree with on most of the topics that he comments on.)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Yea its an obvious medaphor, I guess when people hear Bush use a well thought out medaphor they just assume it must be a gaff. Hard to give him credit for that thoughtful analogy. To bad they didn't think of that before the war.....

I wonder which speech writer gave him that one.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Now then
the game is afoot!

Myself, AnAb, Merf and Jac aside ~ who could it be?

It was josephus maximus.
It doesn't take a "red neck intellectual non-giant" to spot the "banned" in his profile. No great loss the the community as he's only a garden variety troll. Check his posting history... nothing but flame-baiting comments. Nothing constructive and hardly anything on-topic.

Case closed, shall we return to the topic at hand?

Yeah, I'm not what you'd call a bush fan, but I think he made an error in delivery rather than displaying ignorance as the the heath of Mr Mandella.
Still funny tho. Add it to the "Bush greatest hits" collection.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If Grady hadn't of beat me too it, I'd of asked the same, what does Mandela have to do with Iraq?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's the 'Mandela's' that sorts the entire issue.

He was asking for Mandela TYPE people.

Edit: for Iraq

[edit on 22/9/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
He was in-elegant in his his delivery of his point... he should have made it more clear that he was talking about people who could bring the people together, not that he was talking about a specific person.

I also don't really buy his point. He's trying to put off the blame of failure onto a deadman's shoulders. Bush took on the responsibility of rebuilding Iraq, yet he never had a clue as to how to actually do it. Personally, I don't believe that rebuilding Iraq was ever the goal. It's SO much easier to turn a buck off a destabilized nation.

SO:
Poor delivery of a questionable point for the purpose of deferring blame for something that was intended from the start

for Bush (again)

* When I use the term "Bush", I am actually referring not to the man, but rather his administration and those behind the scenes that really run the show... including his speech writers.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

do you guys really not know who Josehus Maximus was? I figured by now it was so obvious, even the mods had it figured out.

[edit on 9/22/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Not me, will read in to him a bit now tho.

vive au-dessus du secret supérieur.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think, maybe the metaphor was too intelligent for Bush.. and for what we have come to expect from him.
I have the vague suspicion that when reading that speech, or ad libbing it, as he is wont to do, that he was himself thinking, Mandela died? How come Dick didn't tell me? I wonder when the funeral is? I'll have to ask Laura what to wear...
Bad speech writer, BAD, send him to Guantanamo.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This is off topic and I apologize for it, but I feel the need to apologize to all of you about the "ignorant redneck" remarks. I think this person had gotten that from me in another thread when I was responding to him. So I want to apologize for all the problems it seemed to have caused. Thankfully none of us will have to deal with him anymore. I know I for one am very thankful!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Josepus Maximus was once upon a time, Dark heartrising, Infiltr8u Dr00PIES, DAD54002, Joey Velda and Josephus Maximus! Did you guys never see the paralell? It was always the same, say something about Bush, and she would whittle you down to size! And always the smart aleck! I think she liked getting banned!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Thanks for that - i recall dialogue with darkheart rising, got banned. Louisiana swamps was given location, also seemingly honest pics as avatars.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Thanks for that - i recall dialogue with darkheart rising, got banned. Louisiana swamps was given location, also seemingly honest pics as avatars.

yeah, she and i were buds, when she was darkheart, but she kinda went thru a personality change after that, or didn't want to risk taliking to me. She gave me little clues though. Little hints that only I would pick up on. She gave a hint to all of ATS on one of her old threads, and I think it went right over everyone's head.
It was an old thread started by Infiltr8U. Maximus got carried away and said, "I said this very thing in my opening post here!" My reply to that was, "Open mouth, insert foot, Maximus!"

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Ah, well... I managed to miss most of that psudo-drama.
I tend to focus more on the subjects of thread than member drama.
Still, she/he/it was still just trolling and will likely return with another alias to yet again become a pain in the collective backsides of us folk who want to engage in rational conversation.

I'd not contribute to the further derailment of this thread, but I think the actual subject matter has been rather well covered.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Well, other than when defending Bush, she was a pretty cool chick, but not many people were able to catch onto her roughshod tactics. If you go back over some of her old threads and really take a deep look, you might be surprised what you find.
I think a few here did catch on. I think the name of the thread is www.abovetopsecret.com...'
It's worth a peek.

Never mind! All of his posts were removed (Her posts) when banned!
here's the one where she reveals her identity for all to see, and they miss it!

Originally posted by janasstar

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by resistor

you must not have read my entire opening post. i was actually hoping RP would come back strong against O'rielly after Hannitty punked him out after the debate, so there i was cheering for him and unfortunately he came across as a flustered, confused old man, just like in the debate and just like with Hannitty. I was hoping we had a true leader and sadly, i found him utterly lacking in every respect.
thank you for your post.
JM

Talk about, open mouth, insert foot! You really did it, this time, Maximus! Just can't quit while you're ahead, huh?

This was in the Ron Paul, O'reilly thread. www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
First question is, if Bush even remembers who Mandela is.

Second question is, if Bush ever knew, that references to his death – Mandela is now 89 and increasingly frail – are seen as insensitive in South Africa. Well probably not. And that is the major point in this situation and that is why the hook has been bitten by the media, trying to push this story. But there actually isn't one. Bush has made some pretty dumber statements before this - so I think this does not fit into TOP20 cathegory.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join