It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bounty Set Over Prophet Cartoon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Women have the right to vote, own property, and hold goverment positions. Now tell us, how long ago was it where women weren't allowed to do this in the US?

those women you mention that can hold positions in the gov...

does their voice carry as much weight as that of a mans?
do they play a 'second class' role to the men in the gov?

just curious.........thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
I bet they wouldn´t appreciate this pic either. Well tough #!!!

that pic is fantastic......
saved that baby....might put it on a hat

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

20 years? Where? I lived in Jakarta Indonesia since I was born, moved here to the states 10 years ago.

You want proofs of my citations about Islams? Okayyyy, you know, the fact that you asked for ref. tells me how little you know.

BTW, Aisha, the child bride of Moehammad was 9. NOT 15, check your facts, you lost credibilty right there.

I used to do this on Indonesian forums, arguing over the legitimacy of Islam as a religion. Those were the day, nowadays, I'm too lazy to do that.
If you want to give that evil religion the benefit of the doubt, be my guest.
It's your head and your family's heads that will be rolling when they come to town

I can cite many sources DIRECT from Arabic and Koranic sources, but many here won't read Arabic. So here is the WIKI version. You don't dispute WIKI do you?

1. CHILD BRIDE: AISHA 9 YR OLD WHEN BETHROD
en.wikipedia.org...

Aisha was six or seven years old when betrothed to Muhammad. She stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, when the marriage was consummated.

2. Promise of lustful materials in Heaven - 72 VOLUPTUOUS VIRGINS.
en.wikipedia.org...

The houri have variously been described as being "chaste females"[9], "restraining their glances"[10][11], "modest gaze"[4], "wide and beautiful/lovely eyes"[12][13][14][15][16], "untouched / with hymen unbroken by sexual intercourse"[17][18], "like pearls"[19], "virgins"[20], "voluptuous/full-breasted"[21][22], "with large, round breasts which are not inclined to hang"[23], "companions of equal age"[24][2], "non-menstruating/urinating/defecating and childfree"[25][26], "60 cubits [27.5 meters] tall"[27][28][26], "7 cubits [3.2 meters] in width"[26], "transparent to the marrow of their bones"[29][30], "eternally young"[31], "hairless"[32] with "appetising vaginas"[33], "pure"[34], "beautiful"[35], "white"[36], "revirginating"[37], "splendid"[1] and much more besides.

Yeah, it's for MEN ONLY. D'OH! Speaks of HYMEN and such? How can it NOT be for MEN ONLY?

3. The RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILTY to CONVERT AND PILLAGE AND KILL KHAFIRS AKA NON-BELIEVERS.
www.flex.com...

The prophet of Islam proclaimed that Allah has assigned the whole world to the momins. Not a patch was to be left for the kafirs to dwell. But it seems that Allah's knowledge of geography was not so good. It looks like Allah's Prophet Mohammed had not heard of many lands beyond Syria, Iraq, Persia, Ethiopia, and Egypt. Notwithstanding this lack of geographical knowledge, the prophet divided the world in two contending spheres--darul-Islam(the zone of peace where the mulsims were the dominant element) and darul-Harb (the zone of war where the kafirs or non-muslims held sway). Anwar Sheikh says,

Study Islam boy, and you will know what that religion wants. Join them if you are so inclined, it's your life
Many already have, such as the priviliged young boys of the Northern California Marin, like that American taliban, Walker Lindh. Go ahead, really.

And BTW, there are no such thing as MODERATE MUSLIMS, the RADICAL MUSLIMS ARE THE TRUE WARRIORS OF ISLAM.

It's astounding to me how many are willing to give this CULT such credibility despite all the things they have done currently in PLAIN sight. Maybe some people do deserve to get their heads cut off.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

BTW, Aisha, the child bride of Moehammad was 9. NOT 15, check your facts, you lost credibilty right there.

if moehammed had a bride of 9 he should have been locked up.

& since when was cutting a head off peaceful ??.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by pai meiYes Islamic terrorists exist. But they did not do 9/11.

Who do you think 'did' 9/11? Please don't embarrass yourself and say the U.S. government.

The U.S. government.

Who do you think 'did' 9/11? Please don't embarrass yourself and say Islamic terrorists.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
One of the points is that the leaders of the cults prey on the followers' desire to be accepted. The cult gives them a sense of belonging to something bigger than themselves. As some members stated, most of the radicals come from poor homes, and hopeless situations.

Thiis is true to a large extent, esp. in areas like Africa, but there are many well-educated members of al Qaeda also. Zawahiri is a surgeon, for example. There are many with engineering and scientific backgrounds.

The mullahs play a big role in the tribal regions of the ME; they influence the poor to join the cause. And let's not forget the many wealthy, educated financial backers of AQ.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
messiah, no answer?

anyway, i watched lifting the veil last night on cnn and i tell you what, it seems like women don't have it too good at least in afghanistan...

they don't have to wear the burkah by law anymore but they al still do cause their husbands and family members make them...

some of these chicks burn themselves with kerosene in protest of their marriage.....they get beat on...this one girl was sold by her father when she was 7 to her 'husband'..not she is 14 and her legs are all burnt up cause she burned herself in protest...

i forget where they went but this lady asked a small group of 'educated' afghan men,,,they were teachers or something...
they asked them how they feel about the women wearing the burkah and the one that started talking said he would never even let his friends see his wife.
the lady asked if he would like to keep her under lock and key and he said--lock, key, and password and then started laughing...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Originally posted by Boondock78
anyway, i watched lifting the veil last night on cnn and i tell you what, it seems like women don't have it too good at least in afghanistan...

In Iran a short while ago, a 16 yr old girl was hung because the judge said she had a "sharp tongue".

That's just one example of how women are treated in Islamic theocracies.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Actually this is the only offensive one of the seven images from the DANISH row. Nothing to do with the images in question in THIS OP.

BTW, I think the image you bring is not only offensive but artistic worthless.

Maybe you should relax a bit and watch out not to spread disinfo.

[edit: fixed format]

[edit on 15-9-2007 by khunmoon]

I think you should relax or rather get a dose of "sense of humour" since you seem to be sadly lacking in it. It is only offensive if you are a sad miserable brainwashed fundamentalist muslim whose only thing to look forward to in life is death by suicide! Is that an oxymoron?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

i was in on that thread....i remember that..

i want to know from messiah who seems to be the board know it all about the questions i asked...

also, i am very curious about the burkah.....what is the deal?

weather it is state law or ilamic law or no law at all, is it common practice for women of islam to wear the veil? if so, is it because the men feel like they will be too tempted to whatever so, the woman should cover up??

is this true or am i misinformed?

messiah, i am talking to you.....you bust into every thread and ley down your wisdom...please do it here.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So, what is the deal anyway with being offended over a picture? Do they have so little faith and confidence in their religion that it could be shaken by a lowly cartoon image?

Couldn't they, oh I don't know, NOT LOOK AT IT????? Who is out there forcing muslims to look at stuff they find offensive? What, no one is??? Then why don't they just stfu and go on about their business. The only result from this whole debacle is to make it look like the west is right to call them barbaric.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindzi

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Who do you think 'did' 9/11? Please don't embarrass yourself and say the U.S. government.

The U.S. government.

Who do you think 'did' 9/11? Please don't embarrass yourself and say Islamic terrorists.

I see, you are one of 'those' people.

Ok, I'll bite. What are you basing this assumption on that the U.S. government 'did' 9/11? What's your best argument?
I am holding my breath waiting......

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
messiah, no answer?

they don't have to wear the burkah by law anymore but they al still do cause their husbands and family members make them...

some of these chicks burn themselves with kerosene in protest of their marriage.....they get beat on...this one girl was sold by her father when she was 7 to her 'husband'..not she is 14 and her legs are all burnt up cause she burned herself in protest...

i forget where they went but this lady asked a small group of 'educated' afghan men,,,they were teachers or something...
they asked them how they feel about the women wearing the burkah and the one that started talking said he would never even let his friends see his wife.
the lady asked if he would like to keep her under lock and key and he said--lock, key, and password and then started laughing...

The problem with muslims in general is the fact that MOST women in Islam "don't mind" being 2nd class.

They seemed to think that it's natural and God's will for women to be subservient to men. And men naturally happy, so what you will have then is a society where noone really complains.

If you know Islam, you will know that they also allow men to have multiple wives (and they SHOULD since it's their prophet Moehammad has many wives one of whom is a 9 yearold).

Women also have NO inheritance right over men, and men practically OWN their wives, they can KILL their wives if she is suspected to betray him.

Many many more. It's a backward CULT and one created for the SOLE PURPOSE OF CONQUEST, not for PEACE.

I studied all 3 religions, Islam (mandatory at Indonesia) Budhism, and Christianity.

I know as a 1st hand account, YOU DON'T WANT ISLAM in your backyard.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
So, what is the deal anyway with being offended over a picture? Do they have so little faith and confidence in their religion that it could be shaken by a lowly cartoon image?

Couldn't they, oh I don't know, NOT LOOK AT IT????? Who is out there forcing muslims to look at stuff they find offensive? What, no one is??? Then why don't they just stfu and go on about their business. The only result from this whole debacle is to make it look like the west is right to call them barbaric.

In Indonesia, if you so much as BUMP a muslim's Islamic Hat off his head, you will TREMBLE with fears cause they will make a giant deal out of it and you will have to PAY to make it go away.

FACT.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
I studied all 3 religions, Islam (mandatory at Indonesia) Budhism, and Christianity.

I know as a 1st hand account, YOU DON'T WANT ISLAM in your backyard.

I wouldn't call Indonesia the best place to learn about Islam. Why you might ask?

• The general Muslim populace practices a strange interpretation of Islam, with many of their own personal interpretations. This is largely down to poor education on the subject.
  • The society isn't the most conducive for tolerance, with the rich and poor divide being very very wide. This leads to a lot of animosity between the haves and the have nots.
  • The population is large and the government is ineffective

Combine the three and you have a recipe for rampant fundamentalism and extremism. Can I assume that you were an expatriate there? If so that would explain their behaviour towards you, as describe in the second point.

How would I know what's going on in Indonesia? There are 5 million Indonesians (documented and undocumented) in Malaysia. That's a fifth of our total population. They're our Mexicans. They build our houses and work in our factories and as our servants. My maid is Indonesian too.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

That's kind of my point. What are these people so sensitive about and why?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

Because we allow them to. The more you give, the more they demand. They will never give in until their "Struggle" AKA Jihad ends with the whole world being muslims.

It's fascism at its best, since PC people won't dare to confront it, calling it "religious rights"

What they don't know is, this right, the right to yell: "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD" is, and WILL kill freedom as we know it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I guess the two of you didn't bother with my post. Alright then, continue your two-minute hate...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

There is NO EXCUSE for intolerance, you don't know what goes on In Indonesia, your maid won't tell you because she is, well, YOUR MAID.

The POLICE are scared of VIGILANTE muslims groups, that IMPOSE shariahs laws as they see fit. FORCED Collection of "donations" to built ISLAMIC MADRASSAS at your OWN backyard.

If you don't know any of these, than you never know Indonesia, period.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
There is NO EXCUSE for intolerance

You do see how this is kind of befuddling to me, since your posts on this page itself displays the same level of intolerance.

I live in Malaysia and I have been to Indonesia (not to tourist spot) plus I have Indonesian friends. But I see the underlying causes for their behaviour, and I look deeper into the issue.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join