It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bounty Set Over Prophet Cartoon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Well, I'm really done with my "opnion" here. Go and do what you wish in Malaysia. The debate over the merit of Muslim is good or not will not end with this thread or with me. There is no end to this, you go and believe what you want to.

Me and my family are blessed with the fortune and ability to move here with all of my families assets, we still have factories in Jakarta, but even those are now being regarded as colateral in case of riots.

Given a choice, I think you would too, unless you like to be a non-muslim in a muslim country.

Are you chinese malaysian or native malaysian incidentally?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater

Me and my family are blessed with the fortune and ability to move here with all of my families assets, we still have factories in Jakarta, but even those are now being regarded as colateral in case of riots.

Now it all makes sense. If you read my previous post where I listed the three points, you would fall under the category of "the haves" in Indonesia. In a country where the rich are a minority that gets richer, it's common for the poor to be resentful of the rich. I can certainly see how you and your family would have been targeted by "the have-nots".

And since communication is a transactional and reciprocal process, the constant assault would definitely make you start to think less and less of the "have-nots".

I've used this example before, but I'll state it again:

If Alice constantly shows affection towards Bob, Bob will eventually like Alice back. Conversely if Bob is resentful of Alice and makes this fact clear, Alice won't care much for Bob.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Now it all makes sense. If you read my previous post where I listed the three points, you would fall under the category of "the haves" in Indonesia. In a country where the rich are a minority that gets richer, it's common for the poor to be resentful of the rich. I can certainly see how you and your family would have been targeted by "the have-nots".

And since communication is a transactional and reciprocal process, the constant assault would definitely make you start to think less and less of the "have-nots".

I've used this example before, but I'll state it again:

If Alice constantly shows affection towards Bob, Bob will eventually like Alice back. Conversely if Bob is resentful of Alice and makes this fact clear, Alice won't care much for Bob.

Just one last post and I will leave this thread:
Just for your info: The "HAVES" are UNTOUCHED by the riots and daily incidents of muslim hate against chinese, since the "HAVES" DO NOT MINGLE WITH THEM.

The muslims CAN ONLY TARGET POOR AND LOWER MIDDLE-CLASS non-muslims areas.

READ CAREFULLY:

The riots became more widespread on 14-15 May 1998 and quickly turned into a pogrom targeting properties and businesses owned by ethnic-Chinese (Chinese Indonesian), who were made into scapegoats. Many shops put up signs such as "Milik pribumi" ("Owned by native Indonesian(s)") or "Pro Reformasi" ("Pro-reformation"). Otherwise, shops owned by ethnic Chinese were looted and burned. There were also dozens of documented accounts of ethnic Chinese women being raped. Comments the US State Department:

en.wikipedia.org...

THE HAVES have houses with 12 FOOT HIGH GATES and paid MILITARY TO GUARD their properties, so the only areas that are affected are the poor areas.

So in short, your theory of haves versus the have nots are not valid. If you are native malaysian, good for you, if you are chinese malaysian, well...good luck

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So in short, your theory of haves versus the have nots are not valid. If you are native malaysian, good for you, if you are chinese malaysian, well...good luck

You're forgetting another aspect I brought up earlier. Education, or lack thereof. Also, how many of "the haves" are ethnic chinese? The uneducated tend to generalize and not see the difference. Also from your previous post,

targeting properties and businesses owned by ethnic-Chinese (Chinese Indonesian), who were made into scapegoats

Plus, mob mentality is just that, mob mentality.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

This maybe is what explains your wrath and senseless hate.

You are one of the 'haves' and now you can't exploit the 'have-nots' to the degree you like or used to.

Have it ever occured to you that the sentiment of Muslims could have something to do with them being exploited for centuries by the likes of your family?

Have it ever occured to you that maybe they don't want your way of life and regard it as reckless, sinful and decadent?

Have it ever occured to you that maybe they don't want shallow entertainment, mp3s, xbox and other useless gadgets to divert their mind?

Maybe they wanna use their minds to concetrate on God is One, instead of indulging in pleasure.

That you can't demand respect from the ones you despise, has possibly never occured to you.

Oh, just one question for you: what do you mean by 'as colateral in case of riots' mentioning your family's possessions?

They'll be collateral for your lifes (or your strawmen's)?

I have a feeling we have 'talked' before, you where banned about a year ago ...eh? Now you're back under a new name. Same structure though.

Before I call out your previous name, I'm waiting for certain key phrases of yours.
----------

PROLETARIANS OF THIS WORLD UNITE!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think I'm going to start a web site that only posts offensive pictures and videos of the self proclaimed prophet. You know, the one who descended to heaven on someone else's true holy land. Leave my home address and wait. Every terrorist I kill that tries to come near my home will be a victory in the holy war, right? This is such B.S. A cartoon offensive? TOO BAD CRYBABIES!!! Maybe Westerners should kidnap all the muslims off the streets then post videos of them being beheaded. Then, maybe, just maybe they'll know what being offended is. I'll take responsibility for what my country (The United States of America) does in the Middle East. All the humanitarian aid, Liberating women and oppressed in Afganistan, Liberating an ungrateful populous from a murderous dictator (just so the morons can kill each other instead of forming a peaceful civilian run government) in Iraq, etc. Just give us your oil, and there will be no war. Look at Dubai. They're building their own Islands. Not nukes. This Politically correct BS needs to stop, too. We're bigger and badder, and no one in the middle east can even afford a car, let alone a mudhut to keep it in. We (the US) should give an ultimatum. We're more powerful. give us your oil or you no longer exist. It's simple. We get the middle east, Russia can have the arctic, and China can have the Oil reserves and take Taiwan. Everyone's happy. Whoever doesn't like it too bad soooo sad. Should have been a superpower.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I forgot to say, The whole reason? I refuse to pay that much to gas up my Tahoe. What happened to food for oil? How much food and aid have we given, and oil prices just keep going up. Sorry if off topic, just a rant.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesul69
This Politically correct BS needs to stop, too. We're bigger and badder, and no one in the middle east can even afford a car, let alone a mudhut to keep it in. We (the US) should give an ultimatum. We're more powerful. give us your oil or you no longer exist. It's simple.

Simple question for simple minds...eh?

You are among the most hateful of the posters I've seen here. Pity you, your governmet ripping you off, so you can't afford the gas for the rotten car.

Too bad, do something about your hipocrite government indstead of belittle your fellow man.

Good idea with your website. Go make it and leave us alone.

You are exactly the reason the world hates America. Be part of the solution or be the cause, it's all up to you.

Mod Edit: please keep it clean

[edit on 9/19/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesul69
I Just give us your oil, and there will be no war. Look at Dubai. They're building their own Islands. Not nukes. This Politically correct BS needs to stop, too. We're bigger and badder, and no one in the middle east can even afford a car, let alone a mudhut to keep it in.

:shk: Its EXACTLY this type of cowboy mentality that our current administration affected and look at how well it worked. I suspect its pointless to even try to have a rational discussion with you based on the comments noted above so I will not bother.

However to the rest of the thread readers who were subject to this misguided, juvenile chest thumping please understand that this mindless patritism is not the majority view of most US citizens. Please except my apologies.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sorry if anyone took that post the wrong way. Although my views on taking offense to cartoons are pretty much the way I said it, the majority of it was sattire and represents the horribly stupid thinking of the majority of the populace(not represented on ATS). The entire post is completely sarcastic. To even think that anyone could care enough about gas prices to let such atrocities happen is horrible. Oh, wait it's reality!! If you back up and look at everything going on in the world, that's what everyone's after: their own interests. Iraq? who cares. Cheney corp. needs oil. and all his buddies' private security firms need money. If it weren't for US interest in Taiwan, China would've taken over and would currently be drilling for oil in the vast reserves between China and Taiwan. And Russia with their flag in the arctic ocean floor. Good Greif. Sorry again if you took the last post a little too seriously. And don't insult my intelligence just because you don't agree with what I posted. My girlfriend is hotter than yours

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Almost forgot!!! Afghanistan? The US/CIA "War on drugs" Just like columbia and Peru, Now with the taliban out of control, they can control EVERY aspect of the heroin trade, from growing the poppies to selling the dope bags. Just like our influence in Columbia. If we oversee everything from growing coca to crack in the neighborhoods. Billions for the government. Sorry if off topic, forgot in other post.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I've excerpted your apologies, and my petritism is none of your business!! Test tube babies are human too !! Based on your senile tree hugging, and horrendous grammar, a rational conversation is definitely out of the question. Are you stirred up and thinking? then my job is done, and my post made you use your noodle!! Now, use accept, not except next time. you'll sound SMRT!!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Simple question for simple minds? Or from simple minds? Who are you trying to say has a simple mind? The mind of the writer of the question is simple, or the question is simple and made for the simple minded? I'm not the problem with America. America is the problem with America. I'm just the guy pointing it out. By the way, the website is theoretical, and I'll leave all of you alone. all of you as in "us" I don't know if that's a reference to all of the different voices you hear, your split personalities, or the group of people at your computer that make up your avitar, but you shouldn't speak for everyone by saying us. There was no hate in that post, and that is not my actual attitude or beleifs. I know the Muslim faith very well, and understand the way the M E feels after so many years of getting screwed by the west. But the radical Ideoligy needs to stop, because the points of view and hatred of the muslim comunity that are similar to a lot of the things in my previous post will not stop until the radical and extreme views of this religion are put to rest. I can go on for pages, but I'm tired.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
TBH that political cartoon isn't half as offensive or funny as this.

Sadly, no one has taken notice of it's inane yet poignant hilarity.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join