It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NEW deep space objects filmed through a telescope, amazing. What Lays Above?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm leaning toward hoax with fake videos. I'm not sure why more information cannot be presented about these videos. The only reason I can think of is that they are fakes, the author knows it, but did not prepare a back story or a story that sounds legitimate. If anyone posts this type of material and expects to have it taken seriously then they need to be able to answer very basic questions.

What type of telescope?
Where was this filmed from?
What was the date and time?
What was the position in the sky?
How did they find this object in the sky?
How was this object recorded?
How was it that the person filming this was able to find two of these objects?
Where they filmed on the same night?
What is your relationship to the person who filmed these objects?
How do you know these objects were filmed through a telescope?

There are many basic questions that need answered. So far the OP is just dancing around these questions which is always one of the tell tale signs of a hoax. There is usually the fear of making up too much that is not true because someone might use their words to prove the hoax. Lets hope that is not true and that the OP will start answering questions about the topic that they started and claim to know more about.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hang on didn't these video's appear some time ago under someone elses name and turned out to be the ISS and other objects in the upper atmosphere ???? And how deep space are we talking here ???? I'm all for new and intersting footage but re-showing somone elses footage under a different name is hardly kool.... come on OP here's your chance to put all the quetsions to rest....

Where
when
With What
Is it still there

I'm not here to roast people, but as previous posters and MOD's have said b4, If your going to put up video's like this you need all the relevant information that goes with it if you want poeple to take it seriously...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If the purpose of this site is to encourage people to post their experiences, photos and videos, so that they can share them with open and like-minded individuals, it's failing miserably... judging by the relish and verocity with which a large number of posters jump on even the most innocuous of posts, and accuse the posters of being hoaxers, idiots, trolls, viral marketters, etc.

If the purpose of this site is to discourage people from sharing their experiences by doing all of the above, and creating a hostile atmosphere, I suspect it's succeeding magnificently.

I've been a member for a few weeks now, and lurked for a few months previously. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that if I had a UFO or alien experience happen to me (it hasn't yet), or if I had photos or a video to share, I would not do it here at ATS. The amount of posts I've read (particularly in the UFO forum) in which the 'pack' have jumped on OPs with cries of 'fake', 'troll', 'hoax', etc, all with as little evidence by the pack, as presented by the OP, has been really discouraging to see.

When the site owner (I believe it was Springer) has to jump in and remind people to be courteous and stop abusing posters, I know I'm not imagining it either.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Dagar]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So, just any youtube video is now considered news? This is madness!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

When a new member joins to share an experience.
Thats what we expect..for them to share.

If it's a photo, they share the events that led them having possession of the photo. Maybe they took them photo themselves. If so, there is a story that goes with it.
OR, someone gave them the photo, there is still a story, either second hand, or just some limited information.
Whatever it is, put it out there.

The members here can tell the difference between sincerity, and when they're being toyed with.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I agree with all the people asking for more information. They could be telling us all the details of the equipment, places in the sky etc. It seems like they keep filming things over and over again, so if they told people how they were doing it, people could try and reproduce it, and either get more evidence, or disprove it. The way the seem to be working looks to me like they want to cash in on their vague pictures, and are not really interested in helping people uncover the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To me it looked like a tall ship image being distorted and lit in various ways .The basic image is of a18th or 19 century sailing vessel. I don't think it belonged in space but someones pleasant sounding yideo.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridkeeper

"Fallen Angel" is the title of episode 9 from the first season of The X-Files. It's an episode where Mulder gets a tip about a crashed UFO and goes to investigate. He goes to the scene and witnesses a UFO cleanup and salvage operation, and meets a fellow believer, Max Fenig. Great episode!

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridkeeper

Given your objections to all of the querying going on regarding the video in your OP, what should we do? Should we just go, "Oooooohhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wowwwwwww!" Hmm, seriously? If we don't know what we're looking at and are not allowed to ask questions about what we are looking at, what is the appropriate behavior that we should be displaying? Just because you say "deep space objects" doesn't necessarily mean that others are experienced observers of the same kinds of deep space objects that you are familiar with. Don't you think that a little curiosity satisfied by some straight answers would be good in this case?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have to agree with Dagar; we are way to quick to jump on to any new post that purports to show filmed UFOs. But, with the amount of deliberately concocted footage out there, each and every one designed to fool, can we really be blamed?

Gridkeeper, forgive me, but if these vids are real, I don't blame you for not supplying the relevant information after the way you've been savaged. Though, as you no doubt realize, it would help your case no end if you did. I fully believe it wouldn't be construed as giving in to the debunkers, or seem as if you've been forced into a corner, in fact it'd further your case and standing as an experiencer. And we need as many of them as we can get. The choice is yours, ultimately, and noone can force you.

Maybe the plethora of filmed UFauxs has managed to turn the ATS arena into something slightly gladitorial, and surely this could put folks off from posting any interesting phenomena they've captured. Those who do post are obviously of the braver type, or excrable attention seekers. (Personally, I've photographed "spheres" and only recently too, in the Ailwee caves in Co. Clare in Ireland. One photo spheres, next photo taken seconds after, no spheres. I won't put them on ATS, as I know they could well be a natural glitch, but I won't accept anybody telling me that I've faked 'em. 'Cause I didn't).

We all want evidence, we all need to know. For all we do know, these images of eerily beautiful, Gigeresque "ships" might actually be the real thing.
If they are, they're stunning.
If they're not, they're still stunning.

But, Gridkeeper, they're a lot more important if they are the real thing. And if you know they are, please please help us.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The image in footage reminds me of looking through a cheap microscope. You know the kind you can get from a toy store in a Science kit for about thirty bucks. I went through about six of them as a kid.

I don't understand the defensive posture of the Op. If I had been able to catch something amazing i a pic/vid and would boasting it all over the net. Most happily sharing every detail I could about the whole experience.

Also, something gives me the impression that our mysterious 'FallenAngel' is none other than the Op himself.

Originally posted by Gridkeeper
Eva Cassidy has one of the most beautiful voices ever heard, she died before anyone ever really knew of her, since her death many albums have been released.

Which Telescope? One that you can buy from a shop.
Looking Where? Looking toward the stars.

When? The other day.
Who? Does it really matter?

GK.

I've never hear of Eva Cassidy before.. (that doesn't mean anything)

BECAUSE CERTAIN PEOPLE WISH TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS. SHAME ON ME! WTF! What makes you think this is all so easy? OMG.

Dude chill, what's with the hostility... (how does detail concerning equipment, especially store bought equip., and situation detract from anonymity?)

I don't like using the word lies, only when someone is telling lies, I suppose you have a problem with that also, sounds to me like you have a problem with a lot of things. I have plenty of information about this video, thanks for your concern it's greatly appreciated.

Aweful concerned about 'lies'.... Why the unwillingness to share said plentiful info???

So far the whole things seems fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I don't think that the OP was savaged. The first six people to post six different questions on the first page of this thread all asked valid questions. They did not attack the OP. Maybe they were a little sarcastic responding to the footage of the video, but that's about it. Nothing nasty. Nothing that someone who was willing to share information about how they came across the footage would be worried about, anyway. It's strange that after that first page we still don't have answers to those basic questions. The OP could have just said, "Gee folks, I don't know much about this video. I'm just posting it to see what you think of it." Or he or she could have answered a few or all of the questions. It's the OP's reactions and responses that make it seem like he or she was given a hard time. Read that first page and you'll see that the OP steadily avoided questions. Not to mention the pages following the first page.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Isn't this the same vague stuff discussed in this thread?

Personally, I won't bother looking at what the OP has offered. His/her/its demeanor and style is enough to tell me that there is some chain-yankin' going on here.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
OMG, a youtube vid with no facts to verify WHATSOEVER. I would have never guessed. Why even bother posting this utter rubbish without any supporting facts.

Never mind, I'm sold. If it came from youtube set to background music I am compelled to forgive common sense and just believe.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

I agree, the OP did get a relatively favourable response, although I think you hit the nail on the head when you said he/she recieved a certain amount of sarcasm. But don't you see my point here; posting vids on ATS invariably stirs up our professional nest of resident debunkers, and maybe knowing that will happen puts people on the defensive straight away?

And who knows, maybe he/she reacted badly to what was undoubtedly a situation that wasn't helped by either side. This place can be daunting. Heck, I've been lurking/a member for several months now, and it still scare me!

I may be wrong in this, and I hope when the OP decides to return to the thread (if they choose to), then they have seen that it's not such a bad thing to reveal the relevant info. At the end of the day, we might have, right here on our boards, a legitimate piece of footage. That is what is important after all, what that blurry few minutes of film might be, not how the OP behaves after posting it (or his/her grammar.)

As to the lack of information forthcoming; we have a duty on ATS, both OPs and those who reply, to do as much as possible to find the truth of all things...weird. That's why I'm here. Undoubtedly that's why you're here. Surely the easiest way to do that is it in a calm, responsive and inteligent atmosphere, without sniping or sarcasm.

Of course, and with apologies to the OP if this isn't true, we could have a minor troll infestation.
Again.
If that's the case, then we can bring out the .50mm debunkers and let rip...

Edit: Notes and the usual typos...

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Beamish]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by Areal51

But don't you see my point here; posting vids on ATS invariably stirs up our professional nest of resident debunkers, and maybe knowing that will happen puts people on the defensive straight away?

Crap, you mean I could be getting paid for having common sense, where do I sign up for professional debunker class? lol.

How come anyone who uses common sense and doubts something that is posted with no background info, set to background music, by an anonymous source is classified as a debunker? What about all the people who can come on here and tell you matter of fact how aliens reproduce, how their starship work, and what the galactic hierarchy is?!? Can they not be classified as a woo woo? The door swings both ways. And anyone who dares to question them about something as trivial as facts gets blasted as being a paid shill or something. How convenient that you all circle the wagons around each other so fast so as no to get hurt by reality.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
....although i wish these were some sort of alien craft, they look like 'space junk' that you hear about all the time, maybe some satellites that don't work anymore that are just drifting around. there doesn't seem to be 'life' w/ these objects....

.... as per the 'interstellar' movie, some of that seems the same and they have the ISS in the video for numerous angles////

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The only thing I can say is that a debunker will say right off the back that what is presented is not true. That's what a debunker does. "Swamp gas!" Or something like that. Folks asking questions isn't harmful in anyway, in my opinion. And it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't believe what they are presented with, it could mean that they just want more information. Some folks have created their own personal archives of UFO and extraterrestrial reports, and so the more information they have about an incident the better. Anyway, not that two wrongs make a right, the OP was a little sarcastic also in the beginning of this thread. Whatever, when shopping for fresh fish, does one not ask a few questions concerning the catch of the day? The seller doesn't get bent out of shape if the buyer makes a few wisecracks about watching his mercury intake. Everyone knows that oceans, lakes, and streams are polluted.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
yuefo, since I'm wasting your time why don't you stop talking to me and watching the videos.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To everyone, maybe I have my reasons for the way this has been presented, maybe I have waited longer for this than any of you could ever imagine. And just maybe I want this to come out to the entire world. i've been watching these for five years (no I am not JLW), you've known of it for just a few weeks. Now that I've said that, many will now tell me how it should be done, well maybe I ALREADY KNOW the way to do it. Maybe that doesn't make sense to some. You want to see this for real I presume? Then what would you ALL say if I set up a live link with multiple webcams and video cams which can show you this being filmed live through a telescope and broadcast it live to the world. Would that still be enough to silence the sceptics once and for all? Or have i missed something?

Gridkeeper.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join