It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could muslim terrorists be behind the multiple forest fires in greece

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just watching the news today, and I am wondering what the investigators will discover about who is behind the arson in greece, is this the new technique by muslim fanatics of causing western world damage by burning our forests. I have a feeling if this were the case, there will be a big hole in iran a few years from now. Strange that there is so much arson to californias forests aswell. Just speculation for now, but to tell you the truth, it wouldn,t surprise me at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oh come on man. Not every "evil" act perpetrated in this world is caused by "muslim terrorists". What's next? Oh yeah I wouldn't be surprised if hurricanes are caused by muslim terrorists using some kind of weather manipulating machine! Give me a break. More than likely it was some jackass who threw a cigarette out his window, or lightning, or kids playing with fire, could be a hundred different reasons why fires start.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You could well be right , theres a lot more large scale forest fires nowadays , im sure we will hear about it soon that Muslim terrorists are now setting fire to our countryside.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In the USA they just lump it together as "arson". A guy could make a case for economic terrorism by burning a forest.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Could be the american terrorist just as well

they burn a lot of stuff down in the world to, and there are many americans going there.

Might well be blaming anyone like that, musllims beeing the scapegoat of today, maybe you are next ?!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
More than likely it was some jackass who threw a cigarette out his window, or lightning, or kids playing with fire

Actually, it's "more than likely" that these fires are a criminal conspiracy of large scope, not just some "jackass" or kids.

www.cnn.com...

"So many fire fronts in so many locations in the country can't be a coincidence," Karamanlis said. "The state will do its utmost to find the culprits and punish them.

Greek authorities and counter-terrorism squads are investigating whether arsonists started some of the forest fires.

The blazes have destroyed numerous homes and put a damper on political campaigning ahead of next month's national elections, authorities say.

Many firefighters have told CNN they are suspicious of the fire's source, given several witness reports that the blazes cropped up simultaneously along a 20-kilometer (12 mile) front of lush greenery in southern Greece.

Hmmm... Elections coming up, eh? Where have we seen this before?

I'm not going to pin this on any group but don't blow this off as some sort of accident. It's a mass murder and absolutey a terrorist act.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I am not fond of muslim fanatics, but its a sure sign you have been american-media-influenced when you start seeing muslims behind every burning tree.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
when it is a very hot summer things get realy dry.
It is very possible that fires start everywhere whitout the help of any terrorist.
And it has been a very hot summer in that location.

Coulb be a logical explanation

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm not saying some of the fires were not deliberate, but wouldn't extremist Muslims have put out a few thinly veiled threats in their usual fashion, sat in a nondescript room, face covered brandishing a sword (or in this case a Zipo) ranting into a video camera.

Or did I miss that episode?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for your comment I attack people, it looked real fishy to me watching the news about these fires lighting up at the same time, who is the culprit behind these fires hopefully will be discovered. But I agree, its definately economic terrorism, I believe this is only the begginning of a new terrorism technique, its only a question of time now, but fasten your seatbelts, we are all going to war soon, I dont know if anybody feels like I do,
but I,ve had it, our enviroment has enough problems as it is, this is my main concern, hopefully the war thats coming wont hurt our enviroment too badly, thats the only thing I worry about.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
You could well be right , theres a lot more large scale forest fires nowadays , im sure we will hear about it soon that Muslim terrorists are now setting fire to our countryside.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by The_Coo]

"I'm not paranoid! They're just out to get me!"

I saw an old lady drop her shopping today... Maybe it was the unified group (
) that is Al Qaeda and Iran teaming up to target western old people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

'takes a breath'

...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi

Total BS.

Italy,Spain,Portugal and Greece always suffer forest fire in summer time.
Portugal has lost many more acres of forrest.
Most of them are lighted up by fireman that will loose their job or people that can´t handle their BBQ.
And besides that greece had her third heat wave of this summer temps above 40 degrees.
Unfortunatly many died in Greece.

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I understand well your point ppl wakeup, but it seems very unusual according to greek authorities at the moment, and besides this is only day one in a sense, lets see what comes out of this, its to early to claim that these were natural fires or an act of terrorism.
I just know Im watching this issue closely, Im thinking a little in the future of the possibility of this happening elsewhere on a more wider scale. If that does prove to be the case, you wont believe the uproar it will cause in the western world. In my mind it works like this, ir wollt krieg, dann ihr werd krieg habben, verdammt nochmal.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If the fires were set by Islamic terrorists, Osama Bin Laden or whomever ordered the attack would consider the attack a failure. Terrorism is about sending a message. When a terrorist takes out a sky scraper or sets a bomb off killing dozens of people, a message is undeniably conveyed.

When a forest fire occurs in a hot and dry area, no real message is conveyed. We do not see the fire and immediately thing a terrorist is at work because the cause of the fire could be explained by a number of phenomeon including: someone being careless with a cigarette butt, an arsonist setting a fire to collect insurance money, someone being careless with fireworks, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
is it muslim started i can't say. but it was probably people started whether from some dumb ass thumping his cigarette out a car window or some wayward youths ,or some butthole crim unals or terrorist i don't know. but i am willing to bet it wasn't a couple of goats rubbing their horns together and i don't beilieve 2500 year old marble will spontaneously combust.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
My auntie goes to greece alot, well an area near there, and she tells me that alot of the places have been prtoected, you CANNOT build upon them as long as there is some form of life or planet on there, so if you want to put up a 1,000,000 dollar hotel, you have to wait untill those trees arnt there. Sounds like a fire might open up some land, could make millions upon millions.

Thats all i got

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Proteus 33, I dont know if you are talking about the same marble, but theres a german one on the loose hidden now in area51, only that one comes from the sicilian dwarf elephant fossilized over 5 million years now with a little dragon carved on the side, the secret of that marble can rip this world apart, good thing hitler didnt get his hands on that one.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

Just what I was thinking Vixion-local farmers where I live in Wales have been known to set fire to forests/heather just as a cheap way to clear land that would otherwise be protected.Of course its very hard to prove arson,so fires are often blamed on the weather conditions.
As there seem to be a lot more fires than usual in Greece,this is a possible explanation.
Those suspecting radical islamists should ask themselves-Why Greece?
Do they have a big part in the WOT? Soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan?
Do they actively repress Islam in Greece?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
you racist? this is crazy what every thing bad happens because of muslims grow up maybe its a christian arsonist or maybe he dropped a fag on the grass blaiming muslims for every thing and stupid things tells me alot about you.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is more then likely an act of eco-terrorists like the ones that ran around burning down newly built housing developments here on Long Island in the late 1990s or who blew up that ski resort in Colorado a few years ago.

I would be shocked if it turned out to be anything else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join