It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C2C Image: Unidentified Animal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by keymaster
But again, there is distortion with the moving objects. They do not have clear outlines. You can see the dog's tail but there is blur all around it. You can't make out your hand at all, it's just a blur. The frog shape isn't distorted. If it was moving there would be a trail from where it previously was. That's what I'm getting at. Granted pictures of moving things can appear tranparent, but there is always blurring from where it started to where it is.

Quite right!
Thanks for your input on my thread.

You are right when saying that this thing has a clear shape and outline. What does this mean?

Logicaly the figure would be blurred if it were moving enough to appear transparent. What does this mean?

Logicaly this is either a hoax, which IMO doesn't look like one. The pixels are too consistant around the figure to say it was manipulated. But I am not an expert on this matter. Or, this is some type of unknown animal like the thread title implies.

I would love to see a picture that shows a clear outline of something and you can see right through it. Not some absolute blur that has no definition.

Now this camera operator was using a flash to take this picture, that means the shutter opened fast, thus anything solid would look solid, and vice versa. I am starting to agree that its a frog, but I still am not 100% sure what this weird thing is.......

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

What this means to me is that this picture isn't real, or if it is, it is an error in the film production. A magnetic error or something along those lines. An object cannot be alive and be transparent. Outside of the sea, that isn't possible. There are no air breathing creatures that are transparent. There is also no shadow behind it. That means it was probably superimposed onto the picture as it would have no depth and be only 2-d.
That's my take on it all. Convince me otherwise.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It could be that the creature is just really damn fast, and the dude got lucky with his shot.

If not, then I'll go with the photoshop hypothesis.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by crayak]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
About two years ago there was a thread with an eerily similar “creature”. For the love of me I can’t find the thread, but I still have the pictures in my collection; it really fascinated me!

Original:

Enlarged comparison:

Personally I have to go with fake. In both cases the “creature” feels/looks two-dimensional. Most likely an optical illusion, if not a doctored picture.

Edit: Fixed Links

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Gemwolf]

wow, i completely remember that older thread. my take on it then was that it looked to me like a cat mid jump, possibly swatting at a flying insect or whatever else that grabbed its attention.

my take on it now is a little different. where in this photo i marked where i thought the tail was, i think thats its other hind leg, with the tail at the rear on the ground. in either case, i still believe it to be a cat.

now this new photo in question, honestly looks to me like either a glove dangling from the ladder, or a leaf from a nearby tree. i dont see anything close to little man or even a toad. just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Actually, it looks my "Action Hank" figure. Thanks for finding it for me I've been looking for it for months now. Well, I hope he enjoys his new home

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Kinda a striped baboon looking head in the one picture. It looks almost puppet like or fake. Yes, possibly a jumping frog or cat is the best explination for now.

I did see one night, not a clear enough vision of them, but a group of small skinny animals, walking upright, with glowing red eyes. Maybe they usually travel in packs at night and are very fast.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
To be quite honest, the image looks real, as in, it is something not photoshopped, but it looks like a freaken` cardboard cutout propped up by something.

Thats really the only input I can give.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
it looks like elmo

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
to me, the subject for sure, looks 2d. like a metal 2d sculpt for your yard. i do not buy little creatures for my yard, so i have no clue how many different ones there are.

but i have for sure seen frog yard sculptures. so maybe this is just a yard sculpture, and the guy just wanted to start a hoax.

if it is real, it is WAY freaking cool. a little lizard looking creature who walks? classic pic.

i wonder if the guy who took the pic will ever answer us, to tell us what it was.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I seen this picture of an anteater, kinda reminds me of the thing in question...

Yes, wish the guy would answer.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
^ Awww so cute!

But anyway, I embossed the picture because it makes it easier to see the lines and details.

I noticed that the object is in fact transparent! If you notice, the lines of the background continue through the object. It is most visible in the bottom line that crosses through the "legs".

You might find it easier to see in the original version.

Here's a closeup. Notice the lines that cross through the midsection and continue on either side of the object. That would rule out the animal theories and leave only three options: Photoshop, ghost or transparent object

Also, another peculiarity I noticed was that there was no shadow. If you notice, the 2x4 has a shadow that's cast to the right. The object has no shadow at all.

I honestly don't know what this is, but I can't automatically debunk it like most of the pictures I see on here.

Good find.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
so its a tiny shadow person wearing a police hat, and off to taze unsupecting tiny shadow people. when people will the abuse stop. poor helpless tiny shadow people need our help...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Shadow police brutality!

Ahhhhh.

I still don't see where you're getting the police hat.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

i dont either. but its the best guess i have as to what it is besides a hoax. now i must fill space as not to leave a one line post. hmm what else can i use to fill space. well i think that covers it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I’ve seen that exact same shape show up on a different photo on this site before. I believe the final answer was that it was a frog caught on film mid jump.

Edit to add:
That description also seems to fit the fact that the original poster says that this showed up shortly after new ditches were dug in the area.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by defcon5]

Yep - that's what I recall too.

J.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i've seen many pictures on this creature known as the Dover Demon

here is another pic of the dover demon

Dover Demon

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ok people.....brace yourselves, I found out exactly what, or whom, is actually depicted in theses photos....

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
AHHHHH Froggy Fish Man on the loose

[edit on 30-10-2007 by NATRAsleep]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i think thats a frog XD

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Id say the black one looks like a baby reptoid alien (awwww) and the red one a clanger. And what the hells a dover demon?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join