It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C2C Image: Unidentified Animal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It could be a frog or a toad. Probably a toad. Maybe not a cane toad, but there are all sorts of toads in the Northeast USA.

...maybe it's a toad wearing an oversized police hat?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am thinking along the lines of Gemwolf. I have seen similar pictures to this one. There is one in particular other than the one Gemwolf posted that was from Chile. Here is the picture from the "Chile" little alien guy, below. And, if there is no explanation. I don't know what to say other than these little guys are out there doing something. That is if they are not just some kind of error on film. By the way, how was this picture taken? Was it digital ? Or, was it film? Note many anomalies are believed to be camera or film error. I am not of that mind set, but it is something to note. I believe this is some sort of phenomena (if of course it is unexplainable).

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
IT lLOOKS LIKE A TOAD IN MID JUMP

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think the leaping frog is a strong possibility. To me at first I thought it was a cat playing/swatting at something in the building materials.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter

Oh sweet you found it!!!!
I was looking for that exact picture but didn't know what it was called!

Thanks man!

I was thinking of that exact picture when I saw this on coast to coast.

And no Defcon5, I didnt sift through photos to find that frog jumping. I saw that one and liked it.

To me, if you lined the board lying on the ground, it appears this thing is actually standing on the ground, and not above it like a frog would be in mid-jump. Believe me If I saw a frog I wouldn't be having this argument.

Is it me or when I adjusted the contrast and brightness, you can see right through this thing. The rung on the ladder behind it is apparent even though this thing is in front.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Dee duh duh dee(price is right wrong sound)

Distribution
The Cane Toad is native to the Americas, from the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas to central Amazon and south-eastern Peru. This range includes both tropical and semi-arid environments. The density of the Cane Toad within its native distribution is significantly lower than that of its introduced distribution. In South America, it is recorded at densities of 20 adults per 100 metres of shoreline, but in Australia the density reaches 1,000–2,000 adults over the same area.The Cane Toad was originally brought to Australia to eat the Cane grub.[8]

Hmm, Boston doesnt seem to semi-arid to me. Unless this is Boston Austrialia, (fart sound)

thefatlady replies:

Now, Now, enough gaseous emissions, or I shall have to introduce you to my ten year old!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i have to agree--its a toad--i saw this a few weeks ago and thats exactly my first impresion-im glad to hear it from others--there also a few pics very similar out there--ive noticed theres alot of blah blah pics on coast to coast's web site--with alot of silly stories---but hey c2c as a show rocks!!!----well george rocks that weekend guy totally sucks!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Three "creatures". All in the exact same position, barring a 180 degree flip. Some alteration in color and general outline, but all with the same stoop, one arm tucked, one arm out, "legs" at the same angle.

At least two of these three photos are hoaxes produced by photoshopping the first.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here's a question. Why is everything in this picture clear except for the "frog shaped" thing? On the close up, you can see through it. Pay attention in the middle of the shape. You can see the ladder through it, particularly the hole from a rung. Which to me would mean that it had no substance. That would rule out the frog or toad or fox or 2-d man in police hat or anything solid. If it was really there at all, then it was nothing more than a shadow or a gas.
I would have to say, HOAX.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by keymaster]

[edit on 8/21/2007 by keymaster]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'll throw a guess in too.

It reminds me a of a kitten, maybe from the back..doing that pouncy thing that kittens do whenever they see something move, or even THINK they saw something move.

a brown, or black kitten..You lose so much color info in the darker regions of digital photos.Hard to tell..

I can almost see some pointy ears there..

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It looks like maybe a scrap/shred of something. Maybe plastic that had been used to wrap some building supplies. That would also explain it being somewhat see through, and would certainly explain why it appears 2D. It may have been something the picture taker honestly thought was a creature due to the way it happened to be lying when the pic was taken. Wind, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

dude that is so fake i will stop typing now

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I agree probably a frog or toad. Its not as clear as the rest of the pic because its moving and everything else is stationary. Also it could look like its standing on the ground because the picture was taken right before its feet left the ground.

But at first glance it reminded me of my neighbors lawn ornemant, the tin man from The Wizard of Oz. Its actually the same color too because its rusted.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mannythepoolshark
I agree probably a frog or toad. Its not as clear as the rest of the pic because its moving and everything else is stationary. Also it could look like its standing on the ground because the picture was taken right before its feet left the ground.

But at first glance it reminded me of my neighbors lawn ornemant, the tin man from The Wizard of Oz. Its actually the same color too because its rusted.

So I guess it's a transparent frog? I've never seen one of those before. Must be a new species.

You can see right through it. It's not really there.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ive seen lots of pics of moving objects that looked transparent.
Hope this works: kidicarus222.blogspot.com...
In this pic of moving cars you can almost see the orange traffic cones through the cars.
*edited to add link*
[edit on 23-8-2007 by mannythepoolshark]

[edit on 23-8-2007 by mannythepoolshark]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have seen tht picture before on this sight.The picture was of that thing standing about ankle high in a crowded sidewalk in some city.For some reason that thing was not seen by anyone walking
. Anyway, i think it was concluded that it was a frog in mid jump

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Those vehicles are moving at high rates of speed. I wouldn't think a frog could move that fast. It is frog shaped. I will agree to that. But it doesn't look as though it's moving. It looks stationary. Notice how the image of the vehicles is distorted? The frog shape isn't distorted at all. If it was moving at fast enough speed to appear transparent, I would think it would be distorted as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've taken pics where a moving hand or my dog's head have seemed transparent. Particularly in a lower light setting where the shutter speed is longer.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Dogs tail wagging: i63.photobucket.com...
My hand moving in front of a planter:
i63.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
But again, there is distortion with the moving objects. They do not have clear outlines. You can see the dog's tail but there is blur all around it. You can't make out your hand at all, it's just a blur. The frog shape isn't distorted. If it was moving there would be a trail from where it previously was. That's what I'm getting at. Granted pictures of moving things can appear tranparent, but there is always blurring from where it started to where it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join