It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C2C Image: Unidentified Animal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Whilst searching www.coasttocoastam.com image gallery this image was certainly ATS worthy IMO.

Take a look at this photograph carefully!
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Im sorry, I am at work otherwise I would have properly posted this thread, including the picture in question.

When I have some free time I will try and enhance the pic and repost the image here.

What are peoples first reactions??? I definatly think this photo is real.
What the heck is that thing????

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I’ve seen that exact same shape show up on a different photo on this site before. I believe the final answer was that it was a frog caught on film mid jump.

Edit to add:
That description also seems to fit the fact that the original poster says that this showed up shortly after new ditches were dug in the area.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
That looks like a teddy bear to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Definatly could be a frog.
I could see how digging holes might disturb the surrounding wildlife.

I don't think that this is a frog though.

When I get back home, I will enhance the picture and see if we can see any frog-like features.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here are some anomalies I have noticed.

For one:
Frogs jump with their front legs/arms outward as such....

Secondly:
The creature(If I may call it that) seems to be directly on the ground. If this were a frog in mid-jump then it would appear to be inches above the ground.

Thirdly:
It seems as though the creature is bipedal. If you look closely the front leg is moving in front of the on behind, both "knees" are in line for walking forward. If this were a frog in mid-jump the legs would look like they were kicking outward not nonshalantly waking.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I just wrote the guy who posted the image on C2C via email. I will let you know what I asked him and what his reply is if he does so.

IMO
Not a frog!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am not gonna say that it's a fake... But it does look an awful lot like Michigan J. Frog to me. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe its a root. Looks like deck work, with a tree nearby..
Possibly a large piece of mishapen sandpaper?

Looks like it might be propped up against the ladder on the ground.
The object is brown, Michigan J. Frog is green and carries a cane,
and I don't think its a frog caught mid-leap, and if it was an animal,
its body and appendages are too asymmetric in my opinion.

I'm probably wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I had seen this photo on C2C last week and thought to myself that it just may be a Red or Brown squirrel. The leaning of the figure may just be it's tail with spindlely legs postured mid jump.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Every time I look at the image I think it looks more and more like.....
NOTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE!

You are seeing squirls?
You are seeing frogs?
You are seeing roots?
You are seeing sandpaper?

Really?

I cant see any of those things at all. Is this more like looking up at the clouds and seeing a clown or an elephant? Cause all I see is something strange WALKING on the ground. Then again....It could be a Chupa-sas-nessy-quatch.....or....a pink elephant wearing a police hat.

Speaking of a police hat. Has anyone noticed that the object in question resembles a police hat on top. The profile it almost perfect.

It looks like a teeny tiny person wearing an oversized police hat.

Oh well.....Its probably just the wind! Nothing to see here, move along folks.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am %100 sure that this creature is a fox, look at the face.
I was going to add a picture but you all know what foxes look like.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think it's a dead leaf, directly from the tree above.
That's my final answer.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lol

Thats all I can say!

Im still going with teeny tiny person with oversized police hat.

People are so funny when it comes to this stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
About two years ago there was a thread with an eerily similar “creature”. For the love of me I can’t find the thread, but I still have the pictures in my collection; it really fascinated me!

Original:

Enlarged comparison:

Personally I have to go with fake. In both cases the “creature” feels/looks two-dimensional. Most likely an optical illusion, if not a doctored picture.

Edit: Fixed Links

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Excellent job my friend!

Its about time someone put forth some effort to try and debunk this.
However, I believe the photographer's story when said he/she was taking a picture of his/her new porch and just so happened to catch this strange thing on film.

Your comparison is quite similar. The houses in the second pic feels like a UK scene. If so these images are taken with thousands of miles between them. They do look strikingly 2-D you are right. It may be the lighting, or it may be something we don't even know.

I can't even guess.

Still looks like a teeny tiny person in an oversized police hat to me!

Thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I would say with a great confidence that that is not a frog. It is a toad of some kind.

Seriously i live in Queensland AUstralia and well, There ar lots of cane toads around. That is a cane toad mid jump ;-P

It could either be in mid jump... or mid land...

[edit on 10-8-2007 by DaRAGE]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dee duh duh dee(price is right wrong sound)

Distribution
The Cane Toad is native to the Americas, from the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas to central Amazon and south-eastern Peru. This range includes both tropical and semi-arid environments. The density of the Cane Toad within its native distribution is significantly lower than that of its introduced distribution. In South America, it is recorded at densities of 20 adults per 100 metres of shoreline, but in Australia the density reaches 1,000–2,000 adults over the same area.The Cane Toad was originally brought to Australia to eat the Cane grub.[8]

Hmm, Boston doesnt seem to semi-arid to me. Unless this is Boston Austrialia, (fart sound)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
From a cryptozoological aspect? Dover demon. From a logical aspect? faked most likely. Looks too 2-dimensional and from the larger image, appears to be opaque.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It could be a teeny tiny 2-d shadow person with an oversized police hat!

HMMM......Isnt the Dover Demon supposed to be a bit bigger than teeny tiny?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Here are some anomalies I have noticed.

For one:
Frogs jump with their front legs/arms outward as such....

No, actually frogs front legs swing through several positions during a jump. They swing back on the initial jump, are about halfway at the top of the arch, and out in front to catch themselves prior to landing. I suspect though that you already know this as you really had to dig through many photos of them in other positions to find the picture which you linked above.

It is obviously a frog, and that is apparent by the shape of its head, its eyes, and its mouth.

Even though the head is slightly obscured, compare the below picture to those above:

Originally posted by Gemwolf
About two years ago there was a thread with an eerily similar “creature”. For the love of me I can’t find the thread, but I still have the pictures in my collection; it really fascinated me!

Nice find Gem, that is exactly the picture I was mentioning in my initial post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join